Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by Bacon Sandwich

1. B

The same old, same old, repeated arguments transfer thread

I quite accept that. But looking at the figures does suggest that we should make a real effort to keep MGW and that - as many Mixers have suggested - Lewis O'Brien is worth looking at. What I'm really seeing is that I cannot see even a shred of a coherent transfer strategy. We now need a WB - so...
  2. B

We are now being linked with Flynn Downes from Swansea. Here are the WhoScored ratings from last season, rankings out of 380 Championship players. MGW - ranked 11th - score 7.11 Goals 11, assists 9 Lewis O'Brien - 14th - 7.09 - 3 - 3 Ryan Giles - 153rd - 6.75 - 0 goals, 9 assists Flynn Downes -...
  3. B

We were linked with someone the other day. You know, 'hold an interest...' Some Brazilian CH - 18, really good prospect. Roman something? Ronan? Vaguely English sounding name Couldn't even be ***** to watch his YouTube highlights 'cos I know he'll go somewhere else That's what Shi and Sellars...
  4. B

Can anyone explain clearly where we are heading ?

One simple question. The Fosun fan-boys say "The club is investing in other revenue streams so they can put more money into the football club." Where is the evidence that money from other revenue streams will go into Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - and not into yet more 'revenue streams?' There...
  5. B

Can anyone explain clearly where we are heading ?

Slightly worried that Jeff Shi's new ambition is to be the Burnley of the West Midlands. Well, it worked for half a dozen seasons, Jeff...
  6. B

Interesting piece in the Athletic today, talking about what has gone wrong at Manchester United. Here's a quote. Wolves fans may see similarities... It was during one of Manchester United’s quarterly conference calls with investors in 2018 when Ed Woodward, the club’s former executive...
  7. B

Our first XI is nowhere near good enough. WhoScored ranked 303 Premier League players last season. We had 3 - RAN, Adama and Ruben Neves - outfield players in the top 100. Moutinho and Coady were below half way. So was Jimenez. Donk and Hwang were ranked around 220. Every objective metric you...
  8. B

A question: what the hell do the players - the few we have left - make of all this? Two or three of them went public last season with the need for reinforcements and like us the players must be wondering what's happening. Ditto the manager. Whatever your feelings on Bruno, he's been screwed by...
  9. B

Stop worrying! Delighted to let you know that along with being Chairman, DoF, Chief Scout and FD, Jeff Shi will shortly be taking over as Wolves journo on The Athletic...
  10. B

So far this transfer window Wolves are like the skinny kid at the High School Prom Spends ten minutes chatting up the Prom Queen and thinks he's getting somewhere Then the captain of the football team walks in...
  11. B

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Share price dropping 50% over 5 years is alongside poor Chinese equity market? The Shanghai Composite closed 2018 at 2,494. It ended May at 3,186 - a gain of 27.7%. If Fosun's share price is down 50% in roughly that time I'd be more than a little worried, especially given the liquidity problems...
  12. B

An article from two days ago: potential liquidity problems for Fosun https://min.news/en/economy/1350992e27dc456149f26d798dee24df.html
  13. B

Tim Vickery on Gabigol (on Wiki) A controversial figure, he struggled to make the grade in Europe and has been recently linked with a move to West Ham. South American football expert Tim Vickery was damming with his verdict: “He’s 25 already, he had one go already in Europe with Inter Milan...
  14. B

Traditionalists (aka old buggers) like me are now getting a bit twitchy. We currently do not have a #2, #4 or #5 and our #6 is in the land of the cow-bells. And we don't have a left winger either. God only knows what Mike Bailey, Bill Slater and Waggy would have to say about it
  15. B

I suppose "firmly committed" is a step up from "holding an interest..."
Top Bottom