Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is fantastic but he's also 31 now and his contract expires in 2025, if you're talking value then now is the best time to sell him and for that offer I don't see how you can turn it down.
It is an absolutely insane amount of money for a 31 year old but i'm still not sure what they can do with it when they get it. I'm on the fence on this one.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
That's 2 players on loan now.one bought for 27 million, the other for 17mill.what a waste of money
Just saying

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pair of very simple questions:

1. Did Shi not understand the club's financial position when he offered JL and his entourage three year contracts on big bucks last November (and what does that say about his competence) or was he always planning this (and what does that say about his honesty)?

2. If neither what exactly changed in six months?

What sort of journalist doesn't raise those blindingly obvious issues?

As it is methinks Percy needs this:
0308170002-01-Whitewash_128538089.jpg

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So who will be the January striker? Back in for Boulaye Dia (after apology), surely someone better than Adams? Is anyone brave enough to start a January Transfer Window Thread - @SuperGran , take one for the team?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not players but I have just seen that Robert Dyas are selling portable fans at half price.:eek::cool::D

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's interesting. We send him on loan, but also lengthen his contract. I see what's in it for the club, and also to a degree for Daniel re wages, but its a strange message. Almost like the people currently picking the Wolves team don't fancy him, but give it a year....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's interesting. We send him on loan, but also lengthen his contract. I see what's in it for the club, and also to a degree for Daniel re wages, but its a strange message. Almost like the people currently picking the Wolves team don't fancy him, but give it a year....
We currently have an equivalent of Lambert.... I really hope that the new Nuno follows....

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Interest from West Ham, Wolves in Lingard​

Jesse Lingard is edging closer to a resolution over his future with West Ham and Wolves both interested.
The 30-year-old midfielder is a free agent after leaving Nottingham Forest at the end of last season.
Lingard has been training with West Ham all summer and will play in a behind-closed-doors friendly this week.
However, Wolves are now showing interest and could make an offer in the coming days.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saudi May just call

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we thinking about him as a replacement for Sarabia, if he goes to Saudi?
Is there talk of Sarabia going to Saudi?

I'd love Sarabia to leave, as he's awful. Unfortunately, so is Lingard.

Edit: Have seen on the other thread.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If this is not a PR piece I don't know what is .

"Necessary sales " Oh really? I thought the FFP narrative had been debunked long time ago.

"Mood of positivt under O'Neil ". Yes the players are obviously beaming with delight and positivity in their play..

"Fear Lopeteguis frustrations could derail the season.."

We've lost 3 of the 4 first games with serious questions being asked about style of play and O'Neils ability by a growing number of fans. There's also a good chance we'll get less than 3 points in the next 5-6 games.

How could the season be any more on course to be completely derailed even if Lopetegui had stayed?

And no I'm not advocating that all would be better with Lopetegui. I'm attaching the completely biased view that all is better with O'Neil.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time I come on the Mix it gets worse. Yesterday a coach who'd failed at FGR. Today Lingard.
Fully expect to read the Mix tomorrow and see that Chakreverty is back as head of medical
It's probably as well that Dr Shipman died. He'd have been a shoe-in....

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is not a PR piece I don't know what is .

"Necessary sales " Oh really? I thought the FFP narrative had been debunked long time ago.

"Mood of positivt under O'Neil ". Yes the players are obviously beaming with delight and positivity in their play..

"Fear Lopeteguis frustrations could derail the season.."

We've lost 3 of the 4 first games with serious questions being asked about style of play and O'Neils ability by a growing number of fans. There's also a good chance we'll get less than 3 points in the next 5-6 games.

How could the season be any more on course to be completely derailed even if Lopetegui had stayed?

And no I'm not advocating that all would be better with Lopetegui. I'm attaching the completely biased view that all is better with O'Neil.

It's embarrassing from someone like Percy.

I have sympathy for Keen as he works for the local paper and needs to keep them onside. Slating the club will not benefit his paper, so he has to be wary.

It's a different story entirely with Percy - and he has put out that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have sympathy for Keen as he works for the local paper and needs to keep them onside. Slating the club will not benefit his paper, so he has to be wary.

Sold his credibility.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I dread to think what my tagline would be if I did that
Oh come on, we need one now, there's Percy telling us we're going to line up a striker, an actual living breathing striker, we need somewhere to discuss who that could be, it would seem rude for anyone else to start the thread, @Mutchy won't mind.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Like everyone else on here I don't know the full story of what happened this summer. But slating the Percy story because it doesn't fit the mix narrative seems unfair. Maybe his story is more accurate than the fans think? I don't know but he is one of the most reliable journalists.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like everyone else on here I don't know the full story of what happened this summer. But slating the Percy story because it doesn't fit the mix narrative seems unfair. Maybe his story is more accurate than the fans think? I don't know but he is one of the most reliable journalists.
I'm not necessarily saying that his story is inaccurate. I am questioning why he apparently didn't ask blindingly obvious questions and publish the answers.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh come on, we need one now, there's Percy telling us we're going to line up a striker, an actual living breathing striker, we need somewhere to discuss who that could be, it would seem rude for anyone else to start the thread, @Mutchy won't mind.
It’s going to be many years before you can post your puzzle scores again…

Back
Top Bottom