Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Very interesting to see who we bring as striker in January hobbs and the recruitment team working very hard to find the right profile who suits the team and they want to sign the striker early not in the last days there are 3-4 strikers who are being watched closely by the recruitment team

Would be interested if they looked at Chuba Akpom.
Gone to Ajax for £10m, seems like a great player for that price

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sarabia going would be interesting in truth, itwould definitely be for money as he is currently a starter

We dont know yet

how we fit bellegarde and doyle in, let alone santi bueno

TF2Wolf

Reaction score

Makes no sense to me. Two different type of players.
Agree. Player acquisitions seem to be a bit of a scattergun strategy.

Personally think this emphasises our lack of playing identity and style, which I think is just going to lead to more confusion amongst the players.

Would be nice to find some reassuring news for a change

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally think this emphasises our lack of playing
identity and style, which I think is just going to lead to more confusion amongst the players.

How nice would if be to have a clear, distinctive pattern to the way we play again.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just feel that we Wolves fans have gone, or are going, through the five stages of grief over this summer window. Some of the arguments we’ve had on this forum have, I think, been caused by posters in different stages eg those in denial or anger getting angry with those in depression or acceptance. I think I’m in the acceptance phase now, which is manifesting itself in gallows humour and simply laughing at some of the recent developments. I also remember from change mgt training at work, that people can move backwards through the phases too when confronted with new events or new evidence. Anyway, just an observation as this summer slowly draws to a close.

• denial
  • anger
  • bargaining
  • depression
  • acceptance

Still in denial, reaches for the vodka bottle

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather stick with what we have than sign Lingard.

If our Social Media team got hold of him, I'd be forced to blind and deafen myself to make sure I never saw or heard any of that content.
Agreed but if we somehow had the player who played for west ham and tore us a new one, running through us wonderful

(not going to happen)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still in denial, reaches for the vodka bottle
I've gotta admit I didn't move much from anger tbh, laced with a bit of depression. The last few days of the window were obviously better, but pure madness to leave all of our incomings until 48-72 hours before the window closed. The recruitment team should have been backed with a modest spend months ago, but you know, Fosun?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know after Costa, the club are probably reluctant to go for another expensive free agent centre forward, but Moussa Marega has to be tempting. Didn’t we have interest in him years ago? Averaged a goal every other game at Porto.

He’s 32 now, but as insurance to Sasa’s knees and knowing Silva/Cunha are useless playing with their back to goal, it has to be a consideration so we aren’t relying on 18 year old Nathan Fraser.

Heck I’d take a 35 year old Anthony Modeste who’s just left Dortmund, scored 20 goals in the Bundesliga in 2022.

Waiting until January to sign a centre forward could be a very costly mistake, we don’t have a Julen or a World Cup break to fix us this season.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we've just completed the coaching set-up with another non-entity and today we're close to completing the playing set-up with Lingard. Surely someone is trying to wind us up and if they are reading this - it's working!!!
Do we think fosun are actually baggies fans?

Set us up with the long con of building up for the cruel and sick ending of relegation……

Haha

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally think this emphasises our lack of playing identity and style, which I think is just going to lead to more confusion amongst the players.

I actually think the deal for Doyle was set up to protect us in the event of relegation……

As we will lose gomes and lemina if we do drop and we wouldn’t lose Doyle and we know he can do well in the championship. So blood him this season so it is win/win.

We stay up and he does well great.

If he does well and we go down, still good as we keep our midfield well stocked and for a cheap price that won’t hurt us when the loss of revenue bites!

Kennedy

Reaction score
I actually think the deal for Doyle was set up to protect us in the event of relegation……

As we will lose gomes and lemina if we do drop and we wouldn’t lose Doyle and we know he can do well in the championship. So blood him this season so it is win/win.

We stay up and he does well great.

If he does well and we go down, still good as we keep our midfield well stocked and for a cheap price that won’t hurt us when the loss of revenue bites!
That does seem logical.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dave Edwards on Talksport shortly with the lowdown with what went on in the last few days of the transfer window at Wolves

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He still turns up at Compton everyday. No-one’s had the heart to tell him he doesn’t play for Wolves anymore.
All set up for a very very late final run into the penalty area for a trademark header to ease the fear of a triple-relegation and secure our place in League 1 for 2025-26.

Back
Top Bottom