Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ian Burchnall

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all stinks of Fosun selling up. We know they've got spare money given the bids for Dia and Adams late in the window. It would have been wise to spend that on an experienced assistant manager to help GON but they clearly don't want to.

Absolutely bizarre when you think the only way players are going to appreciate in value to be sold on at a profit is with good coaching. So coaching roles are thr ones we should be paying through the nose for.

It makes for a very cheap coaching team for new owners to sack… caretakers in all but name. That’s something GON actually does have experience of, so perhaps we’ve found the real reason for his selection.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Your last sentence sums up neatly what's happened at Wolves in 4 short years. 4 years ago we genuinely were on the cusp of something great and having gone from that in about 48 months to where we are now is shocking.
But we’re still thankfully in the Premier League.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m trying to keep off all the negativity surrounding O’Neil’s appointment and want to give him time. But this appointment along with the others, seems to be a whole load of nothing.
I reckon if they could find your namesake he could get a job on the coaching staff.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For now. It feels like we are doing our damnedest to throw that away without a fight.
I still think we will be OK mate. I reckon most of us would have had us on w to 5 pts atm. Luton match is key though.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we’re still thankfully in the Premier League.
I was referencing Wicked Wolf's comment about it all smacks of Lg 1 level. Yes, we're a Prem side managed and coached by a bunch of people who have no right to be working at this level. That's not being cruel but a comment on their respective CVs; this guy is just another one to add to an unimpressive list.

bigwolf

Reaction score
It makes for a very cheap coaching team for new owners to sack… caretakers in all but name. That’s something GON actually does have experience of, so perhaps we’ve found the real reason for his selection.

As someone said earlier the evidence is there for a sale in due course.

Cheap recruitment to keep things moving along whilst sale in progressed. New owners will want their own appointment and therefore binning off GON and his team won't be costly.

Let's hope it is this side of Xmas to give us a chance post Christmas.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He managed Notts County then left to go to Forest Green. Last five mins there. A pretty **** appointment

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
For those interested in his coaching career in Norway, he always came across as a David Brent style character to me. Full of buzzwords and no doubt a whizz at PowerPoint presentations, but a job at a Premier League club, you have got to be kidding.
He would have had Hobbs in the palm of his hand the moment he fired up the PowerPoint app!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything about the club stinks of “cheap” at the moment.

Tesco_value.png

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eddie Howe would be an outside bet too. Lopetegui to Newcastle and Howe to Wolves sometime around November.
Nah, JL to Newcastle, Howe to Trees and Cooper to us.

Face facts, we are now at the bottom of the pile. Even bloody Trees have signed players we'd have liked....

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For those interested in his coaching career in Norway, he always came across as a David Brent style character to me. Full of buzzwords and no doubt a whizz at PowerPoint presentations, but a job at a Premier League club, you have got to be kidding.
Possibly the most depressing thing I've read about the current state of the club

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Eddie Howe would be an outside bet too. Lopetegui to Newcastle and Howe to Wolves sometime around November.
I can definitely see Lopetegui rocking up at Newcastle. There are mutterings on Tyneside about Howe and Lop was sounded out before.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If ever there was a time to send in my impressive football manager 12 c.v ...

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I'll say in his defence is that both Anderlecht director of football Fredberg as well as manager Riemer, are quite knowledgeable. Fredberg especially is really starting to to turn Anderlecht around
I remember when Burchnall was hired, Fredberg said he'd be vital in helping then implement their style of play which I think he did well.
Hobbs might be obsessed with nationality but Fredberg isn't.
But I do think what we get here is another good coach, but failed manager when in reality we could do with someone that had had succes as a manager.

Back
Top Bottom