Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia isn’t a winger. He’s a playmaker / No.10 for me.

Can’t go past a man but can pick a through ball

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia isnt really poor, he keeps the shape of the team and is disciplined but he needs to take more risks.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we’ve played alright but as always the decision making and execution in/around the 18 yard box is horrendous. Pass when we should shoot, shoot when we should pass etc etc.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao Gomes has been Palace's best player this half.
He is the midfielder tasked with the riskier forward passes out of him and lemina who is playing more of the ball recycling role with safer passes.

So gomes will have reduced pass stats.

But he has broken forward and pushed on a few times, so he is probably covering the whole nunes left of being the one tasked with being more risky and trying things carrying the ball too.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s worrying me slightly is how dependent we are going to be seemingly be on Sasa this season, just makes me quite nervous. Hoping gonzalez comes on though so I can get a look at him, hope Hobbs starts the sweet talking to the Italians early in preparation for January!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good approach play, but yet again, no cutting-edge. Did our best to gift Palace a couple with a dodgy peno and a Sa brain-fade. Palace can't be as bad again, so fear we've had our chance. Hope I'm wrong, of course.

Barnet Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we're an almost team, almost good, threatening to be good but not quite.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better side on balance.. final ball/idea is letting us down a little in final third.

Gomes has been in some good positions, but not got the killer instinct yet. He and Lemina have been great other than the final pass.

Neto finding space and looking dangerous.

Fabio and Cunha have both looked off the pace when they’ve had the ball.

Overall, decent first half.. other than a couple of minutes of chaos.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus, so many managers, so many transfer windows and we still can create or score ****. So many managers, so many transfer windows and we still don't have an experienced, goal scoring centre forward in the starting 11.

Should have made signing one a priority for the window - if Sasa gets injured we're ****ed.
This window and lopeteguis window...not rocket science is it

T

TheConcourse

A classic Wolves performance. Pretty useful until it matters.

This has all the making of a 1-0 defeat against a similarly turgid opponent.

Get Sarabia and Gomes off.
I think Gomes has been brilliant! Won the ball back three/four times. Always looked forward.

Played a couple of crap balls, and he probably isn’t the guy you want in the box.

Him and Lemina utterly dominant.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
Need to start pulling the trigger more. That pass back from fabio to neto, he should have just hit that or taken a touch then shot. Trying to play 1 too many passes, just shoot

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Real missed opportunity that half. Controlled most of the game but with the exception of Neto who has looked sharp, the front players and Gomes have been so sloppy when in good positions.

Lemina excellent and Kilman has been very good.

Don’t think Palace will be as bad again in the second half.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is Neto taking all our free kicks when we have Sarabia on the pitch
Better question is, if he’s not taking set pieces why is Sarabia on the pitch, or even at the ground?

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Palace threatening a few times but we bossed most of that half , just need someone to be brave and shoot but looking ok

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better side on balance.. final ball/idea is letting us down a little in final third.

Gomes has been in some good positions, but not got the killer instinct yet. He and Lemina have been great other than the final pass.

Yep, well summed up. We look much more comfortable defending on a high press. When defending deep, we are full of nerves and a team like Palace will punish that.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus... it wasn't a penalty and the yellow for Semedo was insanely bad. Its not bias to say that.

In both situations there is no movement from the Wolves defender towards the Palace attacker. All contact was instigated by the Palace players, therefore no pen and should have been no yellow.
both yellows were part of the bias system.......think both full backs should be shifted out, as they are firmly in the sights of ref.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't much fancy Doherty vs Eze - but I fancy going down to 10 even less, so Semedo has to come off.

And Sasa for Fabio. No 9? He's playing like he's bloody 9...

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much in it for me. I hope we don't regret the Semedo yellow card which imo was Shlupp tripping himself over, or the Ait Nouri which should either be a yellow for both him and Ayew, or neither.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’re playing well. Unfortunately when people watch on the tv/stream, there is no outlet for release of tension other than a few keyboard warrior moments. I take most things written with a pinch of salt on the comms thread.

We’re never as bad, or occasionally as good as is made out.

Played well for the majority of that half. But for a Sa rush of blood to the head we’ve kept palace relatively quiet.

Our forwards need to get on the same page and make runs to offer an option.

We’re getting there in my opinion.

Second half we will likely see Sasa.

Neto much better on the left. Sarabia not done a lot, but tidy when in possession. He hasn’t had much to work with mind.

Semedo needs to be careful in the second half. Could see Gonzales making an appearance.

All in all a 6/10 so far

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Usual really…bossing possession but with no real purpose. Too many sloppy mistakes in possession though and yet again our decisions in the final third diabolical! Ref a joke too but will somebody please tell me why we give Fabio the 9 shirt and then play him as a 10?! I mean really?! Criminal that Cunha is playing further forward when he’s better as a 10 and Fabio is better as a 9! Sarabia yet again a waste of a shirt….looks like a youth player against men he’s that weak physically. One goal in this game I reckon…just hope it’s ours!!!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Kilman Lemina and Gomes are our best players!

Sarabia is gash I’m sorry but he’s innocuous, Semedo I’d bring off before Jones sends him off! How RAN got booked but Ayew didn’t is anyone’s guess, then the blatant tug on Neto by Eze. Mark my words he will send off a Wolves player or give a penalty

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ sake lads we don't have to go wide everytime

Have you seen what happens when we go central? e.g. Gomes about 20 yards out, central, just passing straight to Palace player. Not picking on him, our final ball is atrocious, for whatever reason. Best chance is hit and hope.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. The team has been excellent in the first half. Totally dominant.
Well. Totally might be pushing it, since nearly handed them a goal in farcical circumstances.
But otherwise, yes the better side.
They don’t look like doing anything unless it’s magic from Eze, we don’t look like doing anything in the box unless it’s Neto.
Can’t wait for Sasa to bury a Nero cross at some point later. He’s a different player on the left, confident, dangerous, aggressive.
Not bloody rocket science.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

BBC sport comment:

“Some intricate one-touch passing breaks down for Wolves on the edge of the Crystal Palace area. Lots of pretty build-up, not too much cutting edge so far.”

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't much fancy Doherty vs Eze - but I fancy going down to 10 even less, so Semedo has to come off.

And Sasa for Fabio. No 9? He's playing like he's bloody 9...

I'd like to see Sasa come on for Sarabia and have Fabio move to the right

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our passing needs to be a bit sharper and accurate around the box. The game is there to be won for both teams.

Back
Top Bottom