Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ian Burchnall

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cambridge Dictionary definition:-

“a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:”

Now read your post and ask yourself if you, or at least your post, might also fall into that definition?

It’s a forum, as has been stated so many times. You may not like the views being expressed, but calling people bigots because their views differ from yours, is frankly insulting.
Indeed. Of course there are many other words in a dictionary whose meanings people might consider to potentially be relevant....

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you for an informed opinion, one of the few on here. If this bloke turns out the way you describe, whoever decided he should be appointed (Hobbs?) should be out of the door with him, and sooner rather than later. Honestly, you could not make this stuff up! We are a PREMIER LEAGUE club!!!! Not for much longer. Shi and Co seem to have a death wish
Evert appointment lately makes me check the calendar to see if it’s April first

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who hardly know anything about him (including you I presume), I can shed a little more personal/insightful, biased/bigoted opinion on his exploits in Norway. Having followed Viking under their last 15 managers, in my humble opinion, he was by far the worst of the lot. Viking have only been relegated once from the top division in the last 37 years and that was the season he was in charge. Clueless coaching, comedy tactics and some borderline scary post match interviews. A bit like Dean Saunders without the playing career.

Clearly it is a limited timeframe, but backing that up in England with a resignation from a non-league club and a sacking from a team that got relegated to League 2, suggests that the tactical advice he gives to players who have played at the highest level in La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, the PL and the World Cup, might be a fun watch.
How dare you quote your personal experience if that contradicts the Shi "Ministry of Truth" narrative espoused by some....

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope GON and Ian do well...

Wish them the best.

They'll be a few disappointed posters on here.
Go away with this ****. This post is one of the most annoying types of post - these posters have a negative view on something/someone so are therefore desperate for it/them to fail. Oh to live in such a binary world.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope GON and Ian do well...

Wish them the best.

They'll be a few disappointed posters on here.

So do I hope they do well, but that doesn’t mean I’m happy with their appointment. That’s the point. Regards the final sentence, I think you’ll struggle to find anyone on here, visiting other fans aside, who will be disappointed if they do, do well.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who hardly know anything about him (including you I presume), I can shed a little more personal/insightful, biased/bigoted opinion on his exploits in Norway. Having followed Viking under their last 15 managers, in my humble opinion, he was by far the worst of the lot. Viking have only been relegated once from the top division in the last 37 years and that was the season he was in charge. Clueless coaching, comedy tactics and some borderline scary post match interviews. A bit like Dean Saunders without the playing career.

Clearly it is a limited timeframe, but backing that up in England with a resignation from a non-league club and a sacking from a team that got relegated to League 2, suggests that the tactical advice he gives to players who have played at the highest level in La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, the PL and the World Cup, might be a fun watch.
Basically the same thing that FGR fan is saying on the Twitter video.. only a bit more reasonable.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone has to move the cones I suppose. As has been said, for a Premier League team we seem to be shopping at Lidl in every area of the club and have more and more of a Championship profile as the weeks roll by this summer. Burchnall sounds like your local grocer. Why can't we bring in someone called Ignatius San Romero Lopez formerly assistant manager of Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a bigoted load of nonsense from so many. A coach appointed to add to the team, hardly any of the posters know much if anything about him but lets sledge and knock the guy, GON, the club, Matt Hobbs and anybody else we fancy because were all football experts that post on a forum.

bigot: a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
You seem to be swimming against the tide here but fair enough. I think you have the wrong adjective (bigot) to describe all the people on here who have railed against this appointment? A bigot is someone, as you say, who is antagonistic towards someone of a particular group, ie, colour, faith, sex. You could more accurately describe us all as ****ed off, even concerned.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You seem to be swimming against the tide here but fair enough. I think you have the wrong adjective (bigot) to describe all the people on here who have railed against this appointment? A bigot is someone, as you say, who is antagonistic towards someone of a particular group, ie, colour, faith, sex. You could more accurately describe us all as ****ed off, even concerned.
Isn’t that just “empty vessels make the most noise”?

It’s well known the mix isn’t representative of wolves fans in general.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some on here would love wolves to be relegated so they can be proven right, your comment is a really good one.
Some people write some absolute tosh on here. There is not 1 Wolves fan who wants us relegated. Our concern is that the appointments the club are presently making will inevitably lead to that eventuality.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The managed decline has been staggering this summer.

Damn right people should question this appointment. As I said, we're a global brand. We're in the most watched league in the world. We have more money than massive clubs across Europe.

We have to demand standards that match that. Instead, we have O'Neil, Shaun Derry and Ian Burchnall, and it's defended on here. All at jobs they don't deserve on merit.

Some of you won't wake up until it's too late.

Last edited:

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
As a founding member of the 'happy-clapper' brigade, In have two say that I find this appointment a trifle under-whelming. Not sure the players will view it as a step up either. However, as always, I will await the transformation in our goal-scoring exploits before rushing to judgement.... But I live in hope more than expectation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The managed decline has been staggering this summer.

Damn right people should question this appointment. As I said, we're a global brand. We're in the most watched league in the world. We have more money than massive clubs across Europe.

We have to demand standards that match that. Instead, we have O'Neil, Shaun Derry and Ian Burchnall, and it's defended on here. All at jobs they don't deserve on merit.

Some of you won't wake up until it's too late.
I think that it started as managed decline. I have some doubts that they are any longer in full control.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To amplify @WeAreTheWolvesII point above...
Gary Neville made an interesting point on Sunday, talking about United. He said words to the effect that once you start to dial back your ambition it all goes wrong. Thus United's ambition is no longer to win the league, it's to finish fourth.
That's what I worry about with Wolves. Our ambition is very clearly no longer to be 'best of the rest.' I don't even think it's to be in the top half. I'm certain our owners will define success as finishing 17th this season - and GON is clearly a manager recruited to do that. "He kept Bournemouth up. We've got better players so he'll keep us up."
No way that doesn't communicate itself to the players...

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How awfully bigoted of you for realising he's hopeless!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go away with this ****. This post is one of the most annoying types of post - these posters have a negative view on something/someone so are therefore desperate for it/them to fail. Oh to live in such a binary world.
And not even true in reality - when Nuno surprised people, he was adored. Nobody was disappointed that he proved them wrong.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To amplify @WeAreTheWolvesII point above...
Gary Neville made an interesting point on Sunday, talking about United. He said words to the effect that once you start to dial back your ambition it all goes wrong. Thus United's ambition is no longer to win the league, it's to finish fourth.
That's what I worry about with Wolves. Our ambition is very clearly no longer to be 'best of the rest.' I don't even think it's to be in the top half. I'm certain our owners will define success as finishing 17th this season - and GON is clearly a manager recruited to do that. "He kept Bournemouth up. We've got better players so he'll keep us up."
No way that doesn't communicate itself to the players...
He is right and it is dangerous territory. Shi announced that we can’t compete in his letter prior to JL going. We have built a team like a newly promoted side. What Shi failed to recognise is that newly promoted sides often get relegated because they either haven’t got the players or the manager is not able to make the step up. Or both.

Most PL experienced sides who aim to finish 17th get relegated sooner rather than later as newly promoted clubs are more motivated and everything is new whilst the experienced PL players have lost that edge of newness and have banked their money. If they’ve been at a club a while they’ll join another PL side as they have that experience and it’ll be the manager that is blamed.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui always seemed (taking things at face value admittedly) to be very happy with him though, as opposed to Sellars who I suspect he thought was clueless. Everything we've seen suggests he's good on player recruitment, but does that have any relationship to recruiting coaches? Genuinely no idea!

Of course might be brilliant at recruiting coaches, just not great at recruiting very cheap British coaches who will work with less than no budget.
What's Hobbsy's background ?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Its worse than even i thought. Appointing GON does this of course. He is poor so his staff is poorer still. We are done unless GON is sacked and we are sold. This is 2012 revisited.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno has remained loyal to Ian Cathro, who never really impressed in any of his previous appointments.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is it? really? or just another excuse to run down the forum that some love (or can't wait) to do?

certainly not from what i've seen and from anecdotal of people coming on here from elsewhere.
He’s talking out of his proverbial. Twitter is a cesspit of negativity from children and adults who should know better abusing the players on their own posts. At least the forum is generally balanced overall.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is it? really? or just another excuse to run down the forum that some love (or can't wait) to do?

certainly not from what i've seen and from anecdotal of people coming on here from elsewhere.

Yeah he is talking complete crap. This forum is a good gauge of general feeling if you take out the handful of extremes either side.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I have a chance, too?
Have you been given a job?

I am merely referring to the ongoing onslaught that follows absolutely everything we do at the moment.. “championship level” “tin pot”..

The guy is about the right level to be an assistant to Gary O’Neil.. who admittedly we all know is very lucky to have been given a job at this level. But, this guy hasn’t even started his work yet, and it’s already a bloodbath.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Twitter and FB (and pundits) are less negative

No they’re not. If you’re talking about posts in reply to Wolves official posts, yeah they are generally positive, but that’s not representative. Look at replies to E&S posts, and other media, and it’s full of vitriol against Shi and Fosun, and also GON too. It’s Wolves fans who are posting this, as you can see from their bios.

Pub talk is full of conspiracy theories and rumours, few of which paint the club in a good light.

Back
Top Bottom