Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ian Burchnall

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Joined us as first team coach according to Talking Wolves. Can't say I'd heard of him but has had a few lower league gigs that haven't worked out.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best mates with Graham Potter aswell. Thats probably the best of credentials

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can have more coaches than National Express. It's still unhelpful if they are all crap!
Fair enough but I’m thinking it might mean that GON can oversee things more rather than being completely hands on all of the time. I’m just looking for positives in anything I possibly can at the moment.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
If this isn’t a cry for help I don’t know what is?!

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t!

Hopefully will give an inside track to Potter if he’s remotely interested in the job?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. Gomes, Lemina, Sarabia, Cunha all attracted to Wolves by JL. Within months they're being coached and trained by a team led by a manager with 38 Prem games under his belt and a supporting cast of people straight from the National League and League 1 and 2. You really couldn't make this up. How do the Club think these players will have any respect for these people? Every day it makes me think this whole thing can only end one way.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So, Ian will recommend Potter for the job if it goes wrong with O'Neill

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3rd job in 2023

Very similar win % at FGR to GO at Bournemouth - 29.70 vs 29.73

On 25 January 2023, Forest Green Rovers parted company with Burchnall leaving the club bottom of League One after having won just five of their league matches

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joined us as first team coach according to Talking Wolves. Can't say I'd heard of him but has had a few lower league gigs that haven't worked out.
Another lower league coach/manager. At least the players should be getting a consistent (uninspirational) message from all the coaching staff. It goes from bad to worse.

Andi130

Reaction score
Just been reading the official statement on the Wolves site. This made me chuckle....

'The 40-year-old joins from Anderlecht, where he served as assistant coach since March, and brings experience of management to O’Neil’s staff.'

It's almost as though they're trying to tell us we might be missing a key skill!?

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It all stinks of Fosun selling up. We know they've got spare money given the bids for Dia and Adams late in the window. It would have been wise to spend that on an experienced assistant manager to help GON but they clearly don't want to.

Absolutely bizarre when you think the only way players are going to appreciate in value to be sold on at a profit is with good coaching. So coaching roles are thr ones we should be paying through the nose for.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another to add to the job lot of journeyman backroom types. We've gone from Europa League to League 1 level.....
Your last sentence sums up neatly what's happened at Wolves in 4 short years. 4 years ago we genuinely were on the cusp of something great and having gone from that in about 48 months to where we are now is shocking.

Back
Top Bottom