Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. T

Nuno's post-match interview

I thought Nuno's interview was great after the match. The key for everyone is to learn and grow from the successes and disappointments of this season to come back stronger so we can compete consistently at this kind of level in the future. That's where the owners, Nuno and the players all want...
  2. T

Too much football for the top players?

Be interested in thoughts Just noticed Portugal have Euro qualifiers against Serbia and Lithuania (both away) on Sat 7th and Tue 10th. Assuming some of our players get picked, that'll be (at least) the 9th country they've had to fly to in 3-4 months. Most have only had 3 weeks break from...
  3. T

Countering teams who press us high up the pitch

Both Villa and Fulham pressed us high up the pitch and a number of our players really struggled. Both also did a good job pinning our wing backs back, which meant we didn't commit enough going forward when we attacked. Unlike against Leeds, Villa and Fulham worked v hard off-the-ball which meant...
  4. T

Recovery time

Annoying about the Cardiff game being moved to Friday night as they'll have an extra day to recover. Almost all our dropped points this season have come when we've had limited recovery time between games. For our 3-4-3 to fire on full cylinders, we need the wing backs to get forward otherwise...
  5. T

Competition at the back

I can't remember the last time we've had such competition for places in the team, particularly at the back. Bennett and Hause have been the least used of our 6 centre halves but they've not really put a foot wrong when called upon. Does Nuno now bring Boly back? He's probably the most talented...
  6. T

Troublesome exes!

It's incredible how many ex-players seem to come back and score against us, more often than not in games we lose. In the last 18 months or so in the League, I count Vokes, Van Le Parra, Hammill, Le Fondre, Kightly, Davis, Mendez-Laing, Clarke (x2) and I've probably missed one or two. In fact...
  7. T

Pretty woeful goals/total shots stats over recent games

Before pouring a large drink to drown my sorrows, I had a quick look at the headline stats for our last four league defeats. Thought it was quite interesting so I've shared Wolves: total shots = 57, shots on target = 12, goals = 2 Opponents: total shots = 27, shots on target = 10, goals = 6...
  8. T

Hats off to PL for putting faith in the youngsters

Fantastic and unexpected result today Great to see PL putting faith in the younger players too. Unlike WZ, he's had the balls to give Wolves debuts to Burgoyne, Ronan and now Gibbs-White. They've all done well in big games and not looked out of place or fazed by the occasion. He's also brought...
  9. T

Will Wolves under FOSUN be like Valencia under Peter Lim?

I fear Wolves's story under FOSUN could play out similarly to Valencia's under Peter Lim, where Mendes and his agency GestiFute have similar influence. Similar to Valencia, player recruitment appears to have been out-sourced to Mendes and the first managerial patsy has been hired. The...
  10. T

What a diference a year makes (aka oh ho ho it's tragic...)

No real surprise we drew 0-0 again yesterday. We're a hard-working team but bereft of real creativity and quality. Yes, we've had bad luck with injuries but the squad has been downsized systematically both in #s and wages and you ultimately get what you pay for. It's pretty depressing to think...
  11. T

Graham Taylor

I think Morgan should look to appoint an interim chairman with extensive footballing experience who can run the board effectively whilst diluting Moxey's influence over areas outside his competence and bringing in a fresh perspective. I'd look no further than Graham Taylor, who knows Wolves...
  12. T

Massimo Luongo

This guy would be a great signing in my opinion giving us balance and options in midfield. Far too good for L1, improving all the time, bags of potential and could well be Championship bound on his return from the Asian Cup. Wolves were rumoured to be keeping tabs on him last year. £1.5m with...
  13. T

Transfer window pickings from our promotion rivals

Surprised there hasn't been more speculation in the press over some of our L1 rivals' better players ahead of the transfer deadline. There's been enough written about Sako and Doyle that's for sure. Taking the teams currently around us, who would you want to see Wolves bid for if it's tranfer...
  14. T

Priorities before the window closes

Great start to the season but what's really going to shape things is the next few weeks. Moxey needs to focus on getting DB and MD tied to the club. KJ has made it pretty clear that's what he wants as he builds for the future. If this drags on, then we risk getting a disruptive bid from a...
  15. T

All quiet on the Johnson front

Have been disappointed to see no stories in the press linking Roger Johnson away from Wolves. Seems to me like his agent isn't working v hard to get him a move. Maybe this is harsh, but is Johnson so unambitious that he's happy to sit it out and leech the club for his wages 'Bogarde-style'...
  16. T

Turning over the squad

The key to success for the coming season is how effectively Jackett and Thelwell turn over the squad in the next 2-3 months. Here's what I'd do to reduce the wage bill, bring in some cash, trim the squad slightly and invest in some young and hungry players with pace, skill and lower league...
  17. T

To all those who write to all those threads

Stop it. Move on. Could have, should have, would have. Time to start looking forward now. Forget Mick. Forget Solbakken. Clear the decks down and start again. Some of the posts on this board remind me of depressed singletons wallowing back on the relative merits of their former girlfriends.
  18. T

Match fitness

A major issue this season has been fitness and match sharpness. First it was the foreign signings but last night JOH, Hunt, SEB, Doyle and even Henry looked well off the pace. To be honest, some of them looked like puffing Billies playing in a pub team against pros 10 years younger. There's...
  19. T

Reading between the lines following Weiser's arrival

In my view, it's no coincidence that the wheels have fallen off since the arrival of Patrick Weiser. Appointing Weiser rather than a British coach was a gamble. The players seem to be struggling to adapt to the way they're being asked to play. Solbakken and Weiser are effectively trying to teach...
  20. T

Current XI vs a rejects XI. Who would win?

Here's my stab at a Wolves 'rejects' 11 from the last three years. GK: Hahnemann DF: Malone, Mancienne, Craddock, Little MF: E Bennett, Surman, David Jones, Guedioura, Hamill FW: Keogh Subs: Shackell, Halford, Milijas, Gleeson, Iwelumo, Vokes and Bobby Mimms (can't think of a second...
Back
Top Bottom