Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Transfer window pickings from our promotion rivals

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surprised there hasn't been more speculation in the press over some of our L1 rivals' better players ahead of the transfer deadline. There's been enough written about Sako and Doyle that's for sure.

Taking the teams currently around us, who would you want to see Wolves bid for if it's tranfer deadline day morning and we've got silly money (5m) on the table for Doyle and Sako and both players want to move on. Players like Tommy Rowe, Nakhi Wells, Clayton Donaldson, Sam Baldock and Moses Osubajo would do for me and would seriously weaken our competition too. Most of these players seem to be flying under the radar right now despite being linked with moves away from their clubs over the summer. Who else would you take from Posh, Brentford, MK Dons, Preston, Briatol City, Orient et al.?

A

andyc225

Tommy Rowe and Lee Tomlin both have transfer requests in. Taking one away would dent Peterborough's promotion campaign. Darragh MacAnthony will consider a sensible offer.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In that case both of Posh's.

As regards JET no thanks. Not after having read a bit more.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Lee Tomlin and Moses Odubajo.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember last year Ipswich fans were complaining that he was very lazy at times.

Mick himself said it was a gamble getting rid due to his undoubted potential. However lazy players aren't what we need at the moment

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny Jackett seems to be saying in Birmingham Evening Mail we will be making no more new signings which is a real shame and very disappointing in my opinion.
We lack cover on the wings and any injuries there and we would be in the $$$$.
I just cant understand why we cant push the boat out to get another winger into the squad. Look at the amount of wingers we have got rid of since last year.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What happened to all the trialists in u21 squad?
Eusebio was supposed to look good, the Australian striker played and scored a goal and is there any new on Torras?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
we need an experienced head/captain in the middle, an older head someone who can calm or gee up those around him if we don't sort this out i will be very disappointed.

E

Essex Wolf

Won't deny I'll be a little peed off and disappointed if there are no further signings.

If Doyle and Sako remain that will be a major bonus but can't help but wonder if JOH and Johnson staying put is the cause of the problem?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with you by the way Bod. Nous needed. Just struggling to think of potential players.

M

Mugwump

Julio Arca, Stephen Mcphail and Keith Fahey all free agents, all with plenty of experience.

M

Mugwump

Has that Gomis fella from blues got a club yet? he looked a decent player, or Tom Hateley from Motherwell?

Last edited by a moderator:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait till we get a few injuries and the club are forced to get one or two loannees in. The only thing that matters now is that Sako and Doyle stay. The Board won't be giving Jackett any money to spend, of that you can be sure.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we need an experienced head/captain in the middle, an older head someone who can calm or gee up those around him if we don't sort this out i will be very disappointed.

I agree along with a winger. Typical of Wolves though we are leaving ourselves short and vulnerable if we get any injuries.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait till we get a few injuries and the club are forced to get one or two loannees in. The only thing that matters now is that Sako and Doyle stay. The Board won't be giving Jackett any money to spend, of that you can be sure.

Certainly looks that way doesn't it goldeneyed!:mad:

B

Bevan

We could do with 3 new players IMO:

A DM - what happens when Davis gets suspended? Seriously, who will play there?! Foley? I honestly can't think of any other possibilities.
A CB - similarly, what happens is Batth or Stears is out? Ebanks Landell is the next CB available unless we move a FB into the middle, which I'd prefer we didn't
A Winger - as debated, we need someone who can play on both sides as back-up for Sako and Ismail.

Of all the above, I definitely think another DM should be top of the list though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A DM - what happens when Davis gets suspended? Seriously, who will play there?! Foley? I honestly can't think of any other possibilities.
A CB - similarly, what happens is Batth or Stears is out? Ebanks Landell is the next CB available unless we move a FB into the middle, which I'd prefer we didn't
A Winger - as debated, we need someone who can play on both sides as back-up for Sako and Ismail.

Of all the above, I definitely think another DM should be top of the list though.

I think both another winger and another DM should be top of the list Bevan.
With centre back both Ricketts and Elokobi could play there and Ebanks Landell impressed me against Morecambe and has looked good in u21's so far this season.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our good start has again let our owner get away with spending any money.

Until Morgan is out of this club I cannot see how we will progress.

As mentioned above any injurys and we will be in dire need of a few players , strange that after the mess of the last few years we still gamble.

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If they're just for back up what's the point in buying anyone? Might as well make full use of the loan market and bring cover in through that. We're where we are now in part due to having a squad full of filler with very little talent and having just got rid of most of them I can't see the point in starting over if we're just going to make the same mistakes

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they're just for back up what's the point in buying anyone? Might as well make full use of the loan market and bring cover in through that. We're where we are now in part due to having a squad full of filler with very little talent and having just got rid of most of them I can't see the point in starting over if we're just going to make the same mistakes

Its called having a competitive squad dane to be fair. No one is asking for six signings but we need another winger. What if Sako or Zele get injured?
Square pegs round holes time yet again?
Who is there to compete with Davis for defensive central midfield and Foley is not the answer?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why isn't Foley the answer? More than capable imo of filling plenty of positions in this league

Back
Top Bottom