Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reading between the lines following Weiser's arrival

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In my view, it's no coincidence that the wheels have fallen off since the arrival of Patrick Weiser. Appointing Weiser rather than a British coach was a gamble. The players seem to be struggling to adapt to the way they're being asked to play. Solbakken and Weiser are effectively trying to teach old dogs new tricks and it isn't working. Wolves' best spells in recent games have actually been when they've been down to 10 men and abandoned the manager's tactics. Solbakken needs to be pragmatic and slowly evolve the playing style rather than revolutionise it with mostly Mick's players.

Long-term, I completely agree with Solbakken that we can't progress playing percentage football. However, short-term we need to take a pragmatic approach so we at least stabilise this season and give ourselves a platform to step forward next season. Solbakken simply can't afford for Wolves to become Cologne mark II on a personal level. I have faith in him and think now more than ever he deserves fans backing, but he does need to be pragmatic this season and not push things too fast. Bringing in a British member of the backroom staff wouldn't be a terrible idea either.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying, but it seems totally unsubstantiated. You have noticed a correlation and mistaken it for a relationship.

Have you got any evidence to suggest that Weiser in particular is responsible for our slump in form?

A

andyc225

Just not needed. A scrappy win on Tuesday and a win on Saturday and everyone will forget about the last few games.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite worrying knowing we have no coaches with experience of the English game.

Should NEVER of got rid of Tekka. :(

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny, when I said exactly the same about Weiser, I got the "you havent got a clue about football" routine
More faces than a town hall clock on here, at least I've never changed my stance on the Manager, Morgan, Moxey or that useless coach !

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just reading between the lines Pessimistic Wolf.

For example, Karl Henry after the Burnley match

"Teams can play nice, pretty football in the Premier League but in this division you need to mix it up and I don't think we did that on Saturday. We need to pull our finger out on the physical side of the game. The manager wants us to play with a high tempo and keep the ball. I think we can keep the ball better than we have done but we've got to turn that into chances and scoring goals and make sure we improve in that area."

The Johnson and Solbakken spat last week, etc.

Solbakken's well known for being stubborn with his tactics. See this article. What I'm saying is he needs to make sure he doesn't repeat the mistakes of Cologne.

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3986...nglish-football-but-is-very-stubborn-with-his

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading between the lines Pessimistic Wolf.

For example, Karl Henry after the Burnley match

"Teams can play nice, pretty football in the Premier League but in this division you need to mix it up and I don't think we did that on Saturday. We need to pull our finger out on the physical side of the game. The manager wants us to play with a high tempo and keep the ball. I think we can keep the ball better than we have done but we've got to turn that into chances and scoring goals and make sure we improve in that area."

The Johnson and Solbakken spat last week, etc.

Solbakken's well known for being stubborn with his tactics. See this article. What I'm saying is he needs to make sure he doesn't repeat the mistakes of Cologne.

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3986...nglish-football-but-is-very-stubborn-with-his

Considering this, perhaps I'm missing the point of your thread? Are you criticising Solbakken or Weiser? Your title misled me a bit.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mourinho, Wenger, Benitez, Houllier, Ancelloti, just to name a few

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wasn't meaning to have a dig at Weiser and hope he's a good coach.

Weiser's clearly been brought in to implement Solbakken's tactics and I imagine that's what he's doing. It was clear that Connor got the push as he was tempering Solbakken's tactics on the training ground.

Solbakken faces some choices now - either slow down the revolution until he's got more of his own players in or plough on or hope things suddenly click with the players. The latter's quite a big risk and will either make or break Solbakken at Wolves.

I think it wld help having a British coach with Championship experience as part of the backroom staff, but that is not meant as a dig at Weiser either.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So just to clear this up, so far, our problems are:

Morgans fault.
Moxeys fault.
Tony Daleys fault.
Our medical staffs fault.
Solbakkens fault.
Weisers fault.
Roger Johnsons fault.
Frimpongs fault.
Referees fault.

But the squad is great because we played in the premiership for three years, and a lot of them got us promoted four seasons ago.

T

tikataka

It's quite worrying knowing we have no coaches with experience of the English game.

Should NEVER of got rid of Tekka. :(

Why have English coaches when we don't want to play an English game?:dong:

Back
Top Bottom