Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Priorities before the window closes

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great start to the season but what's really going to shape things is the next few weeks.

Moxey needs to focus on getting DB and MD tied to the club. KJ has made it pretty clear that's what he wants as he builds for the future. If this drags on, then we risk getting a disruptive bid from a Champ club...

Also Thelwall, Webber and KJ need to have a cast-iron replacement lined up for Sako. Tommy Rowe is my shout but whoever it is they need to be v confident they can do business and plan for all scenarios (including a sizable bid late on transfer deadline day for BS).

KJ also needs to decide whether he needs extra firepower up front should Doyle attract a sufficient bid. If he does, he'll need to decide between an experienced player who can hold the ball up (a Steve Morrison type) or someone with pace and counter-attacking ability (a Nakhi Wells type).

Should be an interesting next few weeks. Let's hope the club give KJ the support and backing he needs.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great start to the season but what's really going to shape things is the next few weeks.

Moxey needs to focus on getting DB and MD tied to the club. KJ has made it pretty clear that's what he wants as he builds for the future. If this drags on, then we risk getting a disruptive bid from a Champ .

Matt Doherty insists he wants to remain at Wolves but says contract talks are movingt slowly.

The full-back, who scored a late winner at Bristol City, has moved into the last 12 months of his current deal.

"We are negotiating," he said.

"It is slow... that’s all I can say.

"You know what they (contract talks) are like. They can take a while. I would like to get it sorted soon enough but if it is not right for both parties, then it is not right.

"But I want to stay. I want to be a part of, hopefully, promotion.

"It has got to be the right deal for both of us.

"You agree when it is right for both of you. And we haven’t done that yet so obviously it isn’t right.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wingers wingers wingers and another striker if Doyle goes.

B

BigBadWolfie

Think we lack height up front, so when Doyle goes I would expect a tall striker to be a priority. And a winger if Sako goes.

W

WasStefan

Replacements for Doyle and or Sako if/when they leave, plus a winger and defensive mid.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
get a winger in & get rid of Johnson & O'Hara

S

Sandwell Wolf

- Sort Danny Batth's contract out ASAP

- Sort Matt Doherty's contract out ASAP

- Don't sell Sako

- Don't sell Doyle

- Get rid of Johnson & O'Hara

Sorted.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- Don't sell Sako

- Don't sell Doyle

Sorted.

Agree but still need to add another winger even if the above apply.

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Contracts of Batth and Doherty. A wide player for each wing, competition at the very least. A recognised left back and Centre back (preferably of experience).

S

Sandwell Wolf

I guess we could add a winger but I can't see us keeping Sako and adding.

I guess Jackett believes Sigurdarson could play down the right and even Edwards/Foley could play there. And Ismail down the left.

We also have Anthony Forde remember.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess we could add a winger but I can't see us keeping Sako and adding.

I guess Jackett believes Sigurdarson could play down the right and even Edwards/Foley could play there. And Ismail down the left.

We also have Anthony Forde remember.

I think we will sign another winger even if Sako stays Sandwell.
Jackett has alluded to the fact several time that we are low on numbers in this position.
Foley is rubbish on the wing as is Edwards and Forde has a lot to do and is more a central midfielder for me.

S

Sandwell Wolf

I wouldn't turn down a winger with blistering pace, that'd be a welcome signing and something slightly different to what we currently have.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worry that we won't score enough goals so I want a right winger (and one for the left if Sako goes) but I also want a goal scorer with some presence. Cassidy is a willing worker but I don't see him getting many. I am yet to be convinced by Siggy to be honest he does flatter to deceive a little. And then there is Griffiths. He will score goals but against the more physical sides he might struggle.

We also have the risk that Doyle gets a move. So I want a striker who will get you 15 or 20 goals.

I would also add a centre half as I don't want to move Ricketts from the left back slot.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Winger

If sako goes another winger.

Central defender ( if stearman or ricketts got injured elokobi would be playing!)

Left back ( same as above)

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I havent been impressed with Cassidy yet he scored for fun when he played previously at this level! Why?

Last week Doyle was the cement in a great team performance and it sounds like he had a similar effect yesterday. He will be missed and his departure will take the wind out of our sails!!!

Sigurdarson may be asked to play the Doyle role if Doyle departs. I know he represents 'the great white hope' for an inordinate amout of people on here!! I don't see it!

There have been calls for his being played 'up front' or 'centrally'! I can tell you he is not a natural goal scorer (up front) and is not half the player Doyle is (centrally or 'in the hole')

D

Deleted member 4099

- Don't sell Sako

- Don't sell Doyle

Sorted.

Agree with all of the above. We need another winger and must replace Doyle and Sako if sold.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes getting Batth and Doherty signed up are important. Keeping Sako and Doyle would. IMV be worth the risk unless a stupid bid comes in.
As for signings , Wells at Bradford has taken the step up well - wonder if we would have the money to tempt Bradord if Sako goes?

E

Edgmond Wolf

- Don't sell Sako

- Don't sell Doyle

Sorted.

This in Spades

Would like another winger to add quality and competition for places

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
In a perfect world...

- Batth and Doherty to sign new contracts;
- A centre half to provide competition for Batth and Stearman (Lewis Dunk);
- Another quality central midfielder (Stuart Armstrong, James Henry)
- At least one winger, two if Sako goes (Gary Mackay-Steven, Ryan Colclough, Lee Tomlin, Moses Odubajo)
- A Number 10 to replace Doyle (Nick Powell)
- Another striker (Gary Madine, Nakhi Wells)

W

wolfyjoe

- Don't sell Sako

- Don't sell Doyle

Sorted.

This! Maybe Kevin McDonald would act as Doyle's replacement if he left but if Sako goes, we definitely need a quality winger, maybe two to add competition and keep the pressure on Ismail.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been said keep Doyle and Sako. Get Batth and Doherty signed up and sign another CB who can challenge for a first team place and another wide player (even if Sako stays). Make a statement that we are taking this division by storm and don't retreat into the small-minded Moxey accountant's shell spouting excuses. Sort out Johnson and O'Hara on loan somewhere and pick up half their salaries if necessary. The fans deserve something better - give KJ a free hand to produce it.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is pretty clear at least one more winger is needed. If Zele cant play or Sako goes we have got virtually nothing else. Vitally important this is sorted out ASAP.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm amazed at everyone being happy at not getting another defender in. If stearman or ricketts get injured are you really happy with elokobi playing and think he will be good enough!!?

E

Edgmond Wolf

Is everyone agreeing with Sandwell Wolf?

There's a first!

P

Paul76

The priority before the windows closes is always to get the smell of Turd out of the toilet before the Missus walks in and starts doing her make up.

C

cedric harper

Need a defender with Ward gone and you can't really count Stearman as one, still making schoolboy errors.

FinnishWolf

Reaction score
This would actually be a lot more interesting question if we knew what exactly are our financial constraints... even ignoring transfer fees, how much can we really afford to spend on wages with the financial fair play rules and all?

In all honestly I'm quite happy with what we've got right now, but that's with Sako and Doyle both here. Can we even afford to keep both? If we lose one or both they'll absolutely need to be replaced.

S

spud3948

Additional striker and another winger even if Sako & Doyle stay.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Need a defender with Ward gone and you can't really count Stearman as one, still making schoolboy errors.

I hope Stears is helping the physios sort out Dave Edwards ankle so some of you can get of his back and find someone else to pick on.

B

Batman

Without Doyle we need another striker haven't seen anything from Sigurdarson or Cassidy to show they can do the job alongside Griffiths.

Haven't seen enough of MaCalinden to have an opinion of him but the fact he's behind the two above doesn't bode well.

Also need a winger, 2 wingers if Sako leaves. O

No problems now with defence (at this level) centre midfield and goalkeepers.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Stears is helping the physios sort out Dave Edwards ankle so some of you can get of his back and find someone else to pick on.

Totally agree with your point. Stearman has played an excellent part of a good central defensive pairing that has only let one goal in 3 league matches. He makes just one slip on a wet pitch and the boo boys make their predictably pathetic and negative comments.

Stears and Danny have formed the basis of a first class central defensive partnership. Last season Stears showed at Ipswich how good he can play with a few decent players around him.

KJ is no idiot and from the get-go went out of his way to make sure he stayed to play his part in the heart of the Wolves defence.

Now he is back to playing in his best position [not at right-back] and has Danny to play alongside he will prove his detractors wrong.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
The loan window closes in November, so our priority should be to get rid of Johnson and O'Hara, and to sort out the contracts of Dann and Matt.

Back
Top Bottom