Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recovery time

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Annoying about the Cardiff game being moved to Friday night as they'll have an extra day to recover. Almost all our dropped points this season have come when we've had limited recovery time between games.

For our 3-4-3 to fire on full cylinders, we need the wing backs to get forward otherwise we don't commit enough men forward when we attack and we go from looking sharp to fairly blunt pretty quickly (e.g. Fulham 2nd half, Forest 1st half)

Part of the problem (and it's a bit self-inflicted) is we don't have genuine cover at wing-back so the wing-backs get flogged a bit when we have multiple games over a short period of time.

Conscious they haven't necessarily been ripping up trees in the U23s, but I'd still like to see Vinagre and even Graham make the bench a bit more so we have more options to change things around on the flanks and make constructive subs without changing our formation completely (latter hasn't worked of late). Bringing in Vinagre might mean one of the loanees (Bonatini?) would have to sit it out but it would give us better options that two centre halves on the bench imv. Also think we're going to need to rotate the squad a bit more when we have 3 games in a week too. Sure Nuno will sort it though!

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Annoying about the Cardiff game being moved to Friday night as they'll have an extra day to recover. Almost all our dropped points this season have come when we've had limited recovery time between games.

For our 3-4-3 to fire on full cylinders, we need the wing backs to get forward otherwise we don't commit enough men forward when we attack and we go from looking sharp to fairly blunt pretty quickly (e.g. Fulham 2nd half, Forest 1st half)

Part of the problem (and it's a bit self-inflicted) is we don't have genuine cover at wing-back so the wing-backs get flogged a bit when we have multiple games over a short period of time.

Conscious they haven't necessarily been ripping up trees in the U23s, but I'd still like to see Vinagre and even Graham make the bench a bit more so we have more options to change things around on the flanks and make constructive subs without changing our formation completely (latter hasn't worked of late). Bringing in Vinagre might mean one of the loanees (Bonatini?) would have to sit it out but it would give us better options that two centre halves on the bench imv. Also think we're going to need to rotate the squad a bit more when we have 3 games in a week too. Sure Nuno will sort it though!

Think you’ve got a point really mate. Think cover was important and we probably missed a trick. Yeah I’d certainly advocate at least Vinagre on the bench and if Bona had to be sacrificed then so be it as we need our wingback threat in this system

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The wingbacks do indeed do a lot of running i think its position we should of strengthened in January before any other. I liked the look of Vinagre i'm a bit surprised he hasn't been used more often last couple of months.

W

we8wba

Maybe I’m missing the point but won’t we have a days extra recovery for derby game at home

It all works out even

D

Deleted member TW5162

Just Sky doing there bit to align the stars for a big headline.

“Weary foreigners vs plucky old school Brits”

Etc.

T

turner845

It all evens itself out throughout the season so it isn't a big deal. For example next week our game against Leeds is the only game on the Wednesday night - all other Championship matches are on the Tuesday evening, so we have an extra day recovery then.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to say, I think we're over doing this recovery time, tiredness line.

We're playing sides who've played as many games. The players we are saying looked poorest (Bonatini, Costa, Saiss) are ones who have had breaks.
Players look fitter and less tired when they are confident and playing well.....and winning.

Back
Top Bottom