Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. lostwolf

Songs to come out to

After @Rhoswolf mentioned Come on Eileen in another thread, it got me thinking. What would be your perfect musical intro at Molineux? For me, the obvious answer is the Liquidator. But then I'm mid-40s so I'm in that cohort who connect that song with rowdy atmospheres in the 90s. So I'd have...
  2. lostwolf

Fanzone

I think we all agree, the current 'fanzone' is, well, just a glorified car park. My idea would be to buy the Feathers back from the uni. There's land to the front and lots to the left. There's potential there to make it a really British fanzone. You open up the areas around as a beer garden /...
  3. lostwolf

Jamie O'Hara on Talksport

He's talking about his life and mental health on TalkSport.
  4. lostwolf

A song for Doc

There's been various ideas. We need to sing one loud though. To Let it be: Doherty, Doherty, Doherty, Doherty, Wing back for the Wanderers, Dohertyyyyyy (We could sing this very slow and loud; unfortunately Liverpool haven't sang it yet so we won't be able to get it going) Or to the Irish...
  5. lostwolf

**** the Premier League (and modern football in general)

An interesting and relevant article. "They stole top-flight football and then sold it back to us at ever-increasing prices, never afraid to rub our noses in their consequent wealth, as last week so very clearly showed" The truth: We have gained nothing from the Premier League - Football365
  6. lostwolf

Spuds at home

I've looked and can't find a pre-match thread but please merge or delete if there is one. I CANNOT WAIT for this game. Against a huge club. At a time when we have realistic chance of getting a result. A Saturday game in the evening (my liver is already having palpertations). On the tele with...
  7. lostwolf

Modern football

There's reportedly interest now from the Saudi regime, or some puppet of theirs, in Man Utd. If this happens, there will be autocratic regimes and their representatives owning how many English football clubs? Utd = Saudi / whoever they get in to front it Us = China / Fosun Man City = UAE...
  8. lostwolf

Panic by the Smiths

I'm aware this is a bit egocentric but after posting this effort on the new song thread I felt the need to give it its own thread because I've had a rare moment of almost sober inspiration and wanted to share it - feel free to ignore it though and let it slip down the list or whatever we call...
  9. lostwolf

Southampton at home 29 Sept

****, have we sold out for this one already? I'm only a member but I've managed to get to both home games so far, as well as Wet Spam away courtesy of a friend and I'll be at Palace. However, it looks like all tickets (Gene Kelly aside) are already gone for this. I'm a bit frustrated because I...
  10. lostwolf

The Liquidator / other last songs

I would love the Liquidator to be our last song as the players come out, I think the sound of it would be inspiring for our players, new and old, British and not. Obviously, we live in a horribly sanitised time where apparently that song is off limits because it acknowledges our very real...
  11. lostwolf

Could the club buy the Feathers for us?

Prompted by a discussion on another thread, I wonder whether the club should purchase the old Feathers building, convert it back into a pub, open out the front and side on Deanery Row into a more traditional 'fanzone', and pack the interior with Wolves paraphernalia? We will need extra...
  12. lostwolf

Celebration songs

I loved Sunday but hope the club do a better job with the tannoy after the Sheffield Wednesday game. They should, I think, turn off the music or, if they think we need an organised party, play a variety of songs like: The League Cup song The Liquidator Happy Wanderer The Wonder of You Silver...
  13. lostwolf

Mick to Barnsley

According to Talk****e, big Mick might be on his way to his hometown club. A marriage made in a dank South Yorkshire WMC / Heaven?
  14. lostwolf

fanchants.com

I'm having a typically debauched, rock 'n' roll Friday night and hence discovered this website. Our page is a bit dated (maybe a mixer with some tech expertise could update? I'm sure we can find better examples of TWTDMF and Wanderers Scarf from the past few years too, not that it matters) but I...
  15. lostwolf

Season tickets next season

My brother, who still lives in the West Midlands, has just got himself a half season ticket in the Bully, having been to every game prior as a pay as you go fan. I live in crappy Southend now though and only get to 1 in 4 games with him but NEED to see Wolves if we go up. I also like a boozy...
  16. lostwolf

Some Blues fans are sound

I like Davo's blog, it's one of the few that does justice to the proper experience of going away with your club. This is obviously from before the derby game but both him and his mate Adebola bloke speak a lot of sense here.
  17. lostwolf

The Liquidator

I don't think we've discussed this before? Jeff, if you look at this forum, the simple introduction of this would enamour you to the South Bank even more (a cheap win) and generate some atmosphere at the start of games. The argument that WMP don't approve has been undermined by the raggies...
  18. lostwolf

Cavaleiro song

I haven't heard this sung before, have I just missed it or is it a new one? What's the tune, what are the words and who did we pinch it off?
  19. lostwolf

Boro pre match thread

Apologies if this has been done already (mods, feel free to merge or delete) but I'm bursting at the seems for the opener. A full house, quality opposition, decent away support, the quadrant full of unruly old scallies like me and our kid, a day in the Wolverhampton sun on the ****, football...
  20. lostwolf

Shrewsbury pubs

I know there was another identical thread some time ago but I've gone back 6 pages and can't find it. If anyone can merge threads please do. I wasn't planning on going to this game but now I can, travelling up from Essex and meeting family. I've been to Shrewsbury a few times but never for the...
Back
Top Bottom