Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Liquidator

Liquidator, yes or no

• Yes

• No

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we've discussed this before?

Jeff, if you look at this forum, the simple introduction of this would enamour you to the South Bank even more (a cheap win) and generate some atmosphere at the start of games. The argument that WMP don't approve has been undermined by the raggies playing of it, so don't worry about that.

If supporters had any say in how the club was run this would be played no doubt. Seriously, what's the problem? For all those who say "move on", I don't want to and will keep flogging this horse until it rears up and screams "**** off West Brom, the Wolves".

W

we8wba

Liquidator
New striker thread
Dave Edwards related
Robbie Keane each window
Jez Moxey (insert)

How I love our revolving door of threads

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because having your fans sing **** off West Brom at the start of each home game isn't the image they will want to portray imo
I don't care what image they want to portray, frankly. It's our club and I'd like them to attempt to represent or at least please us as far as possible. Jeff Beck is embarrassing and Sheffield Wednesday actually sing it without prompting by the tanoy.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NO
NO
NO

Sick to death of saying it.Any side that needs to chant about a team 10 mins down the road pre-game needs to have a serious word. As I have said before, lets not try become like the sides in Birmingham they need to be obsessed with one an other. We are WOLVES. Let Sandwell have it.They are welcome to it.Sad ****ers.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we've discussed this before?

Jeff, if you look at this forum, the simple introduction of this would enamour you to the South Bank even more (a cheap win) and generate some atmosphere at the start of games. The argument that WMP don't approve has been undermined by the raggies playing of it, so don't worry about that.

If supporters had any say in how the club was run this would be played no doubt. Seriously, what's the problem? For all those who say "move on", I don't want to and will keep flogging this horse until it rears up and screams "**** off West Brom, the Wolves".
There is another thread on this

M

MonkeySpanner

Liquidator
New striker thread
Dave Edwards related
Robbie Keane each window
Jez Moxey (insert)

Yes...all these should be on the 'Friday' thread when others have stated we shall be lost for things to talk about after Transfer Deadline Day...lol

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liquidator
New striker thread
Dave Edwards related
Robbie Keane each window
Jez Moxey (insert)

Robbie Keane is a wolves fan so he hums the Liquidator in the shower while he scrubs his **** with a stripey sponge. Moxey likes to spy on him. Edwards is busy running around doing charity.

D

Deleted member 4456

Not this again. The Liquidator is gone forever. If you want to sing "**** off West Brom", put it on the jukebox at the pub or something and swear like an oaf to your heart's content.

J

JbY89

Missed the boat boys. If the club were going to do this it would of happened already. Jeff & Sky Sun are new. No one else, the club know how the fans feel about it.
Laurie said in fans parliament last year its the message of us shouting what we do which is a negative image. Will never happen.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Because having your fans sing **** off West Brom at the start of each home game isn't the image they will want to portray imo
Not good but the Albion play it and they sing the same about us.Moxey said originally that the Police had banned it .

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you know where hell is, hell is in west Brom.
Stevie Bulls a tatter....
Tesco carrier bag
10 men went to war.
We hate A****n

We sing about them almost every game tbf.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tesco carrier bag
10 men went to war.
We hate A****n

and thats more than enough.

Murderonzidanesfloor

Reaction score
Tesco carrier bag
10 men went to war.
We hate A****n

Yes and singing 'we hate Albion' makes me cringe as well, get a grip! We make ourselves look like the runt of the litter sometimes with stuff like that.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They do, but why stoop to their level?
"Their level"? It's football FFS, the last home of pettiness and tribalism.

Stevie Bull's a smasher
He wears a pricey hat
He plays for Fosun Wanderers
And he's a spoiled brat
He scores with his left foot
He scores with his right
And when he plays for money
He'll get his finance right

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
NO
NO
NO

Sick to death of saying it.Any side that needs to chant about a team 10 mins down the road pre-game needs to have a serious word. As I have said before, lets not try become like the sides in Birmingham they need to be obsessed with one an other. We are WOLVES. Let Sandwell have it.They are welcome to it.Sad ****ers.
Well said sir. It's embarrassing.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No from me. Would hate it with a passion.

Leave it in the past where it belongs.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't it a bit Americanised/tin pot relying on musical prompt to generate atmosphere anyway?

Shall we have music for corners too? Or how about the speakers begin the "ooooooooh" before a goalkick?

The atmosphere will take care of itself with good, exciting football on the pitch.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Isn't it a bit Americanised/tin pot relying on musical prompt to generate atmosphere anyway?

Shall we have music for corners too? Or how about the speakers begin the "ooooooooh" before a goalkick?

The atmosphere will take care of itself with good, exciting football on the pitch.

Love it!!

I know most fans will say it about their own ground, but for me, that almost primal roar before kick off, when we've got a corner, when we're on the break, you can't beat it. When you go to away games, and the home fans need music, clappers, whatever, to get them going, it shows you they aint that loud. I reckon you could get rid of all the music before kick off, and as soon as the Wolves team came out the tunnel, the fans would take over.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best and loudest of the liquidator was the second leg of the play off semi final against Crystal Palace
Steve Copell the then manager of Palace said after the game he was physically shake by the noise and said it rattled his players for the first part of the game
I remember it very well, it was always very very loud but on that occasion it rose to a level nobody before had ever experienced
If anyone can download a clip on here you would see what I mean if you wasn't at the game

Writer Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No.

Within 5 years Wolves will probably be playing European football. West Brom will probably be fighting relegation or be already in the Championship. Why have an anthem that acts as a reminder to the world of West Brom's existence/importance?

Wolves need an anthem that's uplifting, like Liverpool have YNWA or Fields of Anfield Road. Something to help build and spread our brand. Something people will marvel at. Surely we can come up with something?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

Within 5 years Wolves will probably be playing European football. West Brom will probably be fighting relegation or be already in the Championship. Why have an anthem that acts as a reminder to the world of West Brom's existence/importance?

Wolves need an anthem that's uplifting, like Liverpool have YNWA or Fields of Anfield Road. Something to help build and spread our brand. Something people will marvel at. Surely we can come up with something?
Spot on .....................The liquidator

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love it!!

I know most fans will say it about their own ground, but for me, that almost primal roar before kick off, when we've got a corner, when we're on the break, you can't beat it. When you go to away games, and the home fans need music, clappers, whatever, to get them going, it shows you they aint that loud. I reckon you could get rid of all the music before kick off, and as soon as the Wolves team came out the tunnel, the fans would take over.

Precisely.

All this nonsense people whinging about the speaker system.... for me it's all white noise and I pay zero attention. I'm there fir one thing, not crap music, not cheerleaders, not Jason Forest, not Joe Bloggs being asked to report to the nearest steward. ICGAF about any of it...

It's that roar. It's intoxicating and is as intoxicating now as when I first heard it. As Martin Tyler said for THAT Aguero goal, "watch it, drink it in"

**** The Liquidator.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Precisely.

All this nonsense people whinging about the speaker system.... for me it's all white noise and I pay zero attention. I'm there fir one thing, not crap music, not cheerleaders, not Jason Forest, not Joe Bloggs being asked to report to the nearest steward. ICGAF about any of it...

It's that roar. It's intoxicating and is as intoxicating now as when I first heard it. As Martin Tyler said for THAT Aguero goal, "watch it, drink it in"

**** The Liquidator.

:hearteyes:

This this this!!!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.

We already have an anthem, but we're a locally rooted club with a fierce rivalry with them down the road. I've no shame in that.

Yes Liverpool have both of those very good songs and yet there's still no atmosphere at Anfield. Also, the raggies are a well run club with every chance of being in the PL if we ever get there.

Ebbo

Reaction score
For me it would be like an album you loved from 20 odd years back but haven't heard for years... it's added to Spotify and you you excitedly give it a listen. Turns out to be 'of its time' and not really aged well... in fact you can't really understand what all the fuss was about 'back in the day'.

Loved the liquidator, but we should just leave it now and stop pining for something that would be an anticlimax anyway!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So even the unrepresentative, largely middle class (based on the 'what do you do for money' thread) Molineux Mix punters vote by >3:1 for the Liquidator.

Shame we're not a 50+1 German-type club eh? We'd be playing it twice and once at half time for luck!

Back
Top Bottom