Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Liquidator / other last songs

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love the Liquidator to be our last song as the players come out, I think the sound of it would be inspiring for our players, new and old, British and not.

Obviously, we live in a horribly sanitised time where apparently that song is off limits because it acknowledges our very real dislike of our ****ty neighbours and its a bit sweary.

Assuming we can't for some bizarre sanitised reason play the Liquidator, what should we come out to? My vote is for that awful Wolves are going to win today song. Because its got the potential to be a 'Marching on together' type song. I heard us give it a weird rendition away at Charlton a few seasons back...

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Ffs lad. Move on. It's 2018 not 1978.
Give him a break, every newbie makes the faux pas of starting a 'The Liquidator' thread, thinking it is a cool and original thing to do.........oh dear, not a newbie......it's lostwolf! :D
That deserves community service. I suggest he tidies up and merges all of the Zeli and Robbie Keane threads. 20 hours a week for 6 months, that.

R

reanswolf

Nuno Nuno Nuno TOOK us to the Premier, and that's the way we like it like like it, infact we ****ing love it.

I miss that, but we could still sing the above.

One from many years ago - Oh Johny, oh Johny, You're the greatest in the land, oh Johny, Johny Richards, you're the greatest in the land.
Simple but effective. Johny Castro version?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club is going to continue to use fireworks, do we need a song to walk out to? Maybe we should try a game without one. Just to see what it's like.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the sound of it would be inspiring for our players, new and old, British and not.
Inspire players? Some of who's parents weren't even born yet when this was written in 1969?
Sounds like a monkey playing the organ, might have been inspiring to a whole generation, starved of any technological advances and walled off from different tastes through insularity, but unless you can say **** off west brom there is no redeeming grace today.

What's funny is that the suggestion is probably a serious one.

Last edited:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inspire players? Some of who's parents weren't even born yet when this was written in 1969?
Sounds like a monkey playing the organ, might have been inspiring to a whole generation, starved of any technological advances and walled off from different tastes through insularity, but unless you can say **** off west brom there is no redeeming grace today.

What's funny is that the suggestion is probably a serious one.
It is a serious suggestion. Serious question for you: did you go when we played the Liquidator and have you been since we started playing Jeff Beck's personal nadir? If you did then you'll know the difference is huge, hence the majority of Wolves fans wanting it back. Even on the mostly middle class, non black country Molineux Mix 3:1 wanted it back very recently.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a serious suggestion. Serious question for you: did you go when we played the Liquidator and have you been since we started playing Jeff Beck's personal nadir? If you did then you'll know the difference is huge, hence the majority of Wolves fans wanting it back. Even on the mostly middle class, non black country Molineux Mix 3:1 wanted it back very recently.
I'm not talking about the fans. I am taking exception to the "inspiration to the players" you profess.
I don't agree with your claim that the organ monkey music will inspire the players.
But hey, hope they make you and everyone else happy and play it too.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like you I would love to see the Liquidator back but unfortunately it ain’t going to happen. The Liquidator gets Molineux and the South Bank in particular well and truly up for the game which in turn can add to the players motivation and potentially win us a few additional points but the bad language is the killer for owners trying to build a global brand.

Great band but they're Sheffield lads no real connection.

Wednesday came out to Send In The Boys for the 2nd half against us Tuesday I believe.

Aye I know, but it's a cracking song.

Wednesday do things right with the music, they only play bands from in and around Sheffield pre match and at halftime

W

wolvesultra

Aye I know, but it's a cracking song.

Wednesday do things right with the music, they only play bands from in and around Sheffield pre match and at halftime
Yeah I saw the playlist for the game against us. My mate who went seemed more excited about them playing Milburn to come out to than our goals to be honest.

Sadly we've not got the same wealth of bands to pick from I'm afraid.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually love it.
That first chorus of it is roared out with such venom, I really think it surprises many away fans.
So do I but I had got the impression it is not so popular with those slightly less close to their pension.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not as an intro song but Wolves of winter by Biffy Clyro would go down a treat if played with the video on the screens!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about impossible dream? :D

Love the Liquidator and everyone round me wants it played, & when you're in the pub it gets the loudest singalong.

F

FLEET WOLF

Do Chelsea still play the Liquidator? Wolves fans will be giving it large at Stamford Bridge, if they do!!

Back
Top Bottom