Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mick to Barnsley

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think the Ipswich fans would be that sad.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Possible

Everyone at Ipswich from the owner to the fans are just going through the motions. #inevitable

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
With his reputation and record as a Championship Manager, I’m really surprised that he hasn’t or can’t get a better offer than Barnsley.

I can understand the appeal of your hometown club but there is a real chance that they will go down this year.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Ipswich aren't a million miles off the play-offs, so I'm not sure he should be leaving for the relegation battle, hometown or not.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I can totally understand him wanting out of Ipswich. Fans have turned on him and their attendance today was their lowest in 20 years. Just think it’s a really risky move going to Barnsley.

Thought he would have been considered for the Leeds and Forest jobs.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn’t anyone told Barnsley it’s 2018 not 2008?

The league has moved on.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perfect match. They're still fond of him and I think he'd probably fancy going back to his hometown as his career winds down, plus the relationship between him and the fans at Ipswich is at an all time low.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can totally understand him wanting out of Ipswich. Fans have turned on him and their attendance today was their lowest in 20 years. Just think it’s a really risky move going to Barnsley.

Tbf, he isnt helping with how he reacts to everything with the fans, it doesnt help and just makes the environment more toxic.

He will be good for Barnsley, as others have said its a very good match. He will get them challenging for the playoffs, but if their expectations start getting highers, i think it will go the same way as its gone at Ipswich. Its not really that difficult imo to build a side in this league that will be competitive with solid championship players, but mick keeps groups of players like that motivated for a good few seasons which isnt easy.

I think its telling now he isnt really attracting much attention from the bigger clubs at our level. The championship is changing and it appears solid championship managers arent really attractive for clubs with lofty ambitions. I wouldnt say micks stock is falling, more his type of manager isnt what a lot of clubs at the higher end are looking for. I actually think its a bit of a mistake, as look at Bruce and Warnock who are proven to be the best two established championship managers around. Give them some backing, and they get their teams strongly challenging, so take mick to say leeds with a half decent budget i feel they would be top six. The only real downside with him is that he is prone to antogonising the support when things go wrong.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Looks like it’s between him and Danny Cowley, who has done a remarkable job at Lincoln. Would Cowley leave though when they have a Wembley appearance coming up?

Also, I just read that Mick is apparently a Dirty Leeds supporter?!

Say it ain’t so, Mick!

T

turner845

If he does leave Ipswich then they will almost certainly be relegated next season. He took over when they were bottom of the table and has always had them finishing mid table or better, this despite him having his best players sold by the board with getting next to no money to spend on replacements with him having to rely on free transfers and loans.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No risk attached with Mick going there. He will be going home (even though he's Irish of course :)). Even if they went down he will be revered in those quarters and the best of luck to him.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not allowed to comment then on an ex manager possibly joining a club in Yorkshire, why not?
You are allowed. Absolutely allowed. Just when I see a thread on a subject I don't care about. No comment. But if you wanna comment on something you don't care about, you carry on. Comment away sweetheart x

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
No risk attached with Mick going there. He will be going home (even though he's Irish of course :)). Even if they went down he will be revered in those quarters and the best of luck to him.

I didn’t mean risky as in the reception he’ll get there as I know he is a Barnsley hero. I meant more as in the risk of him being a League One Manager next year. I just can’t imagine that somehow. Just seems a bit surreal.

I could fully understand when Kenny left Millwall to join us in League One as we were a much bigger club with much greater long-term potential. Is there the same potential with Barnsley?

To be fair though, I can understand the lure of managing your hometown (twinned with Ireland) club. Like you, I’ll wish him all the best regardless of his decision.

J

JC14M5 Wolf

You are allowed. Absolutely allowed. Just when I see a thread on a subject I don't care about. No comment. But if you wanna comment on something you don't care about, you carry on. Comment away sweetheart x

Yet, you have made a comment not once, but twice.

Sweetheart !!!

Very odd, provoking? so you can make a third comment on a thread you don't wish to comment on.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t mean risky as in the reception he’ll get there as I know he is a Barnsley hero. I meant more as in the risk of him being a League One Manager next year. I just can’t imagine that somehow. Just seems a bit surreal.

I could fully understand when Kenny left Millwall to join us in League One as we were a much bigger club with much greater long-term potential. Is there the same potential with Barnsley?

To be fair though, I can understand the lure of managing your hometown (twinned with Ireland) club. Like you, I’ll wish him all the best regardless of his decision.

At the end of the day Mick is dropping down the pecking order slowly but surely. No disrespect to him but maybe that is his level now. I still wish him all the luck in the world.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet, you have made a comment not once, but twice.

Sweetheart !!!

Very odd, provoking? so you can make a third comment on a thread you don't wish to comment on.
I do care about Mick McCarthy though. Never said I didn't. He's the best manager we've had in my lifetime. Soon to be eclipsed but will always hold him in the highest regard, and look forward to discussing his future career. I never said I didn't want to comment. Don't know where you got that from, darling.

J

JC14M5 Wolf

I do care about Mick McCarthy though. Never said I didn't. He's the best manager we've had in my lifetime. Soon to be eclipsed but will always hold him in the highest regard, and look forward to discussing his future career. I never said I didn't want to comment. Don't know where you got that from, darling.

Darling!!

My wifes cousin, Quentin has taken quite a fancy to you, based on your non comments.

Apparently you remind him of a judge on dancing strictly

Never warched it, so couldn't comment.

Anyway cheers Bill, great season, always happy to buy a felliow wolf a pint on matchday.

Wardy129

Reaction score
Licked mick at the start and like many others slowly started to dislike him. At one point a fantastic championship manager however now he’s a bit of a dinosaur as the game has really moved on.

Back
Top Bottom