Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Celebration songs

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved Sunday but hope the club do a better job with the tannoy after the Sheffield Wednesday game.

They should, I think, turn off the music or, if they think we need an organised party, play a variety of songs like:

The League Cup song
The Liquidator
Happy Wanderer
The Wonder of You
Silver Lining
Woolie Bully
Hey Jude
Any song related to current players

So, would you turn the music off and let us get on with it?

Or add any to that list?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wonderful wolves club song from late 70s cup run?...so bad it's good ;)
Who chose to put the Quo on?
I agree good choices, DJ Lostwolf!

C

ChesterWolf

Playing Hi ho silver lining over and over is just cringey. I wouldn't play anything personally but if music is going to be played then the likes of Hey Jude, Seven nation army, ring of fire would work well.

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
A verse of we love you Wanderers............ followed by a second verse of we love you Nuno would have been great......................................... Will have to get this going at Bolton :cool:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
You posting this is quite ironic.
If I had to describe you I’d put you similar to the girl in their Country Girl video!!!!;)

PS, that is meant as a compliment!

Lol I wish! Tbf before I’ve done my make up in the mornings I look more like Bobby Gillespie haha! Great song tho!

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
Maybe in honour of Fosun we could play Loaded!

Just what is it that you want to do?
Well, we wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do
And we wanna get loaded and we wanna have a good time
And that's what we're gonna do (away baby, let's go)
We're gonna have a good time, we're gonna have a party

D

Deleted member 4382

Surely the most appropriate track of that album would be Come Together!

“Together as one”

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wanderers Scarf, Those were the Days.
****, I missed the best two! A bit of Lee Marvin (which might encourage WV1 to slow that one the hell down) and TWTDMF (again, it's better when off the old Bilston marching powder). We heard a decent rendition of Wanderers Scarf, as well as all the 90s oldies, in the Wheatsheaf on Sunday but not in the ground, where it was Nuno had a dream ad infinitum.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Should play the intro of loaded then go into something else

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I'm not sure blissed-out 90s indie / house crossover is best for a promotion party. Unless they radically and illegally sort out the options available at the kiosks?!
Meal deal- Balti pie and a spliff lol

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The South Bank Resistance flag is ace BTW. I might not like his blog all that much (there's only so many times you can say "what is a Cardiff, Villa, Notlob" etc with comic effect) but the flag is special. (His blog is good BTW but we, erm, diverge on certain issues.)

W

Wolvesaywe123

Let the fans sing/ appreciate the players! Leave the music off!!

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep Shouty Man was a waste of space on Sunday.

Status Quo

"And our team WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS"

Hi Hi Silver Lining

Rinse, repeat.

Could've played a dozen or so songs, Those Were The Days, Wonder Of You, Wanderers Scarf, Hey Jude, Ring Of Fire just for starters, alternatively playing nothing would've been far better. @WS10Wolf if you're part of the working group into atmosphere/match day experience please have a word for SWFC.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Yep Shouty Man was a waste of space on Sunday.

Status Quo

"And our team WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS"

Hi Hi Silver Lining

Rinse, repeat.

Could've played a dozen or so songs, Those Were The Days, Wonder Of You, Wanderers Scarf, Hey Jude, Ring Of Fire just for starters, alternatively playing nothing would've been far better. @WS10Wolf if you're part of the working group into atmosphere/match day experience please have a word for SWFC.

I'm on it. There's going to be a lot going on next Saturday, will give you details later today, but the music is something that we've definitely got an opportunity to change. If you have suggestions, let me know and I'll get them passed on to the right people in the right places. When we had our working group meeting, there was a 50/50 split pretty much between people who liked it and people who didn't, but I certainly agree that it was played excessively last weekend. And the less said about Status Quo the better!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm on it. There's going to be a lot going on next Saturday, will give you details later today, but the music is something that we've definitely got an opportunity to change. If you have suggestions, let me know and I'll get them passed on to the right people in the right places. When we had our working group meeting, there was a 50/50 split pretty much between people who liked it and people who didn't, but I certainly agree that it was played excessively last weekend. And the less said about Status Quo the better!

Get rid of words on screen. Pathetic

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  • Change entrance music Insomnia (Baggies song anyway) ..........to "We Come One" also by Faithless
  • Sweet Caroline .....never fails to get a crowd going and who cares if the N Irish sang it first
  • Ring of Fire ........
  • Hey Jude ...For Nuno
  • Wonder of you....never fails if only for the woooooooooaaooo
  • Those were the days ......get Beverly Knight or someone on the pitch belting it out at the right speed and keep the chorus going which is actually the best part but unfortunately always fades out. We used to keep the Nah nah nah nah nah bit going constantly and sounded awesome if slowed down
  • And please if we promise not to swear ...The Liquidator.......the reaction would be awesome

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgot to add .....please no more Status Quo or Queen ....so yesterday and Alan Partridge sequel

D

Deleted member 4023

Unfortunately when you've had a drink, most of us usually talk shi-te & have a tendency to sing shi-te

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I think we should play a song for all of the Albion fans-
Down down deeper and down

Back
Top Bottom