Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season tickets next season

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother, who still lives in the West Midlands, has just got himself a half season ticket in the Bully, having been to every game prior as a pay as you go fan. I live in crappy Southend now though and only get to 1 in 4 games with him but NEED to see Wolves if we go up. I also like a boozy sing-song (the Hogshead was brilliant last week, respect to the rowdy little lad on his chair) so don't want to be in the Billy Wright. If we go up, what are my options, and the options for part-timers like me? I'm tempted to get a season ticket in the Bully just to secure my place but can't make any night games....

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but I'm feeling strangely confident for once.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Get a ticket next to your brother, and let him use your ticket when you can't make it, he can give it to someone who can. My brother does the same, there's 4 of us all sat together, me, my dad and little brother are there every game, but my brother only gets to about half due to work, so friends/family use his ticket if he can't make the game.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get a ticket next to your brother, and let him use your ticket when you can't make it, he can give it to someone who can. My brother does the same, there's 4 of us all sat together, me, my dad and little brother are there every game, but my brother only gets to about half due to work, so friends/family use his ticket if he can't make the game.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking Jade.

It's hard for me to knock off early so most night games are off, the problem is that all the people we know who go have season tickets anyway so I can't give my seat to them. It's a shame we don't have the system Everton have for selling a season ticket seats online at face value: you don't make money (rightly) but can recoup some cash if you can't make a game.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

It's hard for me to knock off early so most night games are off, the problem is that all the people we know who go have season tickets anyway so I can't give my seat to them. It's a shame we don't have the system Everton have for selling a season ticket seats online at face value: you don't make money (rightly) but can recoup some cash if you can't make a game.

Makes sense. If you can financially commit to a season ticket, do it, the seat is yours then, how often you use it or not. I think like, if we're in the division we're all hoping to be in next season, then getting tickets might be a lot harder!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somehow I cannot agree with having a season ticket and not using it.I know you have spent money on it and can do as you like.But we need fans inside the stadium.How many times has there bin a thread about empty seats.? Bloody loads of em.it's the same when adults have bought one for their nipper for £25 and he never goes.Especially night games wen they have school the next day.Someone on here said the other day that he has bought one for his 2 year old son.but said he wow be attending for a couple of years as he is too young.All they're doing is stopping fans who want to go.Being we will be attracting 45000 next year.Or so some say.:rolleyes:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somehow I cannot agree with having a season ticket and not using it.I know you have spent money on it and can do as you like.But we need fans inside the stadium.How many times has there bin a thread about empty seats.? Bloody loads of em.it's the same when adults have bought one for their nipper for £25 and he never goes.Especially night games wen they have school the next day.Someone on here said the other day that he has bought one for his 2 year old son.but said he wow be attending for a couple of years as he is too young.All they're doing is stopping fans who want to go.Being we will be attracting 45000 next year.Or so some say.:rolleyes:
I agree. So what should I do?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buy one and let your brother have your ticket so friends can use it.If you go to the match( where possible ) with your brother you don't actually need to have your season ticket.You can just get it off him when you go.hope ya get one mate then ya wow be a lostwolf.:D

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. So what should I do?

For myself, I bought a half season ticket knowing I won’t be going to most night games.

For those games I’ll give my ticket to my cousin or anyone else who wants to use it.

I accept that I’m lucky to be able to afford that, but maybe if you find someone who is happy to help with the cost for the games you can’t attend that’s the way to go.

I agree with you about Everton’s system, that sounds ideal.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buy one and let your brother have your ticket so friends can use it.If you go to the match( where possible ) with your brother you don't actually need to have your season ticket.You can just get it off him when you go.hope ya get one mate then ya wow be a lostwolf.:D

My brother has a ticket already, hence the problem. I see what you mean though, but everyone we know who goes already has a season ticket, in fact a few of them give us tickets here and there and I've taken advantage of that to stand in the family stand (South Bank). I'd be willing to let someone have my night games for free but there's no system in place to do that.

D

Deleted member 4382

Buy one.

As a fan that travels a distance, I find that my ST acts as a motivator to attend. You will find that you will attend far more matches than you would otherwise because you have already committed to it.
Ask @northnorfolkwolf his view!!!!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please don't think I'm having a go at anyone,I'm definitely not.
I want as many fans IN the ground as anyone else,if you cannot attend then try and get someone to take the seat.The only time mine has bin available is if I'm ill or on holiday,then a member of my family will use it.Don't know if it's against the club rules though,so I could be in trouble if laurie is looking.Sorry Laurie.:(

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother has a ticket already, hence the problem. I see what you mean though, but everyone we know who goes already has a season ticket, in fact a few of them give us tickets here and there and I've taken advantage of that to stand in the family stand (South Bank). I'd be willing to let someone have my night games for free but there's no system in place to do that.

Yes I know your brother has one.Sorry I'm not making myself clear am I.
I meant your brother can look after your ticket when you are not attending,and he can let someone use it whilst you are not there.He could meet a fan outside your stand,give him the ticket to get in and your brother collects it back off him when he goes through the turnstile.As long as he remembers where he has to sit that is.I know a few who do this.Or have done.Think I'm gewin to shut up now as I can see me self getting into trouble.o_O

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buy one.

As a fan that travels a distance, I find that my ST acts as a motivator to attend. You will find that you will attend far more matches than you would otherwise because you have already committed to it.
Ask @northnorfolkwolf his view!!!!
For those who don't know Dukinfield kind of talked me into my first ever ST (bought in Feb, so no glory hunter!!!). I can't make all the games as I come up from South Wales but Dukinfield is right, having the ST is one hell of a motivator to get your **** into gear and get up to Molineux! If you have a brother who lives near then he keeps your ST and passes it on to someone (they'll be 1,000s wanting it next season!) when you can't make it - very simple! Also I think if you get the Wolves Mastercard you can spread the ST payts, interest free. You know it makes sense so stop fannying about and get one ordered - you won't regret it! Also imagine not being a part of the ride next season?

W

wolvesultra

My brother, who still lives in the West Midlands, has just got himself a half season ticket in the Bully, having been to every game prior as a pay as you go fan. I live in crappy Southend now though and only get to 1 in 4 games with him but NEED to see Wolves if we go up. I also like a boozy sing-song (the Hogshead was brilliant last week, respect to the rowdy little lad on his chair) so don't want to be in the Billy Wright. If we go up, what are my options, and the options for part-timers like me? I'm tempted to get a season ticket in the Bully just to secure my place but can't make any night games....

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but I'm feeling strangely confident for once.

Hopefully if they continue to switch away fans between the bully lower and quadrant you'll always have either as an option. That's my plan.

Alternatively if I can't get in (despite being a regular 1 in 2 home game fan at least for 20+ years) because some Jonny come lately who never bothered before we were good/rich is in my seat. I'll just form an FC Wolves club (likely based at Bilston Town) you and anyone else are welcome along when our success results in us being overrun with plastics.

That's my plan anyway, love Wolves and love the way we are smashing the division but can't stand the club I predict we will turn into.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

ChesterWolf

If you are happy enough to go in the Steve Bull just get a membership and pay on a match to match basis. I go most home games without a season ticket and as long as you are on the ball when tickets go on sale there is no problem getting in there.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully if they continue to switch away fans between the bully lower and quadrant you'll always have either as an option. That's my plan.

Alternatively if I can't get in (despite being a regular 1 in 2 home game fan at least for 20+ years) because some Jonny come lately who never bothered before we were good/rich is in my seat. I'll just form an FC Wolves club (likely based at Bilston Town) you and anyone else are welcome along when our success results in us being overrun with plastics.

That's my plan anyway, love Wolves and love the way we are smashing the division but can't stand the club I predict we will turn into.
But if we're in the prem, we'll give away fans the smallest allocation every game, which means only the SB lower will be available to us south bank gypsies. The likes of you and I will have to get season tickets imo if we want to see our babbies.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you are happy enough to go in the Steve Bull just get a membership and pay on a match to match basis. I go most home games without a season ticket and as long as you are on the ball when tickets go on sale there is no problem getting in there.
At the moment but maybe not looking ahead to a season in the greed league.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Imagine the scallies we'd have there. The hardest fans in non league.

W

wolvesultra

But if we're in the prem, we'll give away fans the smallest allocation every game, which means only the SB lower will be available to us south bank gypsies. The likes of you and I will have to get season tickets imo if we want to see our babbies.
No the quadrant is just short of the minimum 2000 so most will have the Bully lower but hopefully they do switch it up a bit.

To be fair I can tell you're a decent lad so yeah your probably best doing as others have said buy a st with your brother and sell it for games you can't do.

I'm tempted to throw the money at it myself and buy one but I can't do ever game and want to sit in different places when taking my niece so really doesn't make sense, also goes against my principals.

Where was I when we were ****? For the most part...there!

Where will I be when we are good? Not sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The people who have bought the half season tickets will be mostly like you - going to a lot of the games, but not all of them. I don't know where this idea came from that Wolves would suddenly have a flood of fans who had barely been before because of the glory?? They are a Championship club FFS. There isn't any glory. As for what we will turn into - a big club? Don't we all want that?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No the quadrant is just short of the minimum 2000 so most will have the Bully lower but hopefully they do switch it up a bit.

To be fair I can tell you're a decent lad so yeah your probably best doing as others have said buy a st with your brother and sell it for games you can't do.

I'm tempted to throw the money at it myself and buy one but I can't do ever game and want to sit in different places when taking my niece so really doesn't make sense, also goes against my principals.

Where was I when we were shot? For the most part...there!

Where will I be when we are good? Not sure!
I'm excited about getting some noise up in the Bully, I haven't been in there regularly since the mid-90s but watching from the Billy Wright (the only ticket I could get, I got some dodgy looks smoking in the loos) last week it looked pretty good in there. I know some people objected to it but I loved the 'can you hear the south bank sing' song, it got all the children in the South Bank going for a few minutes.

W

wolvesultra

The people who have bought the half season tickets will be mostly like you - going to a lot of the games, but not all of them. I don't know where this idea came from that Wolves would suddenly have a flood of fans who had barely been before because of the glory?? They are a Championship club FFS. There isn't any glory. As for what we will turn into - a big club? Don't we all want that?

So why are they suddenly doing all of them now.

The idea comes from some examples I know of (and that's just people I know) of people who haven't bothered for years despite having the means to and time but now we are doing well have brought a season ticket.

A big club yeah....a big club at the cost of losing our identity (which already seems to be happening in my and others opinion).....I'm not so sure.

W

wolvesultra

I'm excited about getting some noise up in the Bully, I haven't been in there regularly since the mid-90s but watching from the Billy Wright (the only ticket I could get, I got some dodgy looks smoking in the loos) last week it looked pretty good in there. I know some people objected to it but I loved the 'can you hear the south bank sing' song, it got all the children in the South Bank going for a few minutes.

Agree mate sounds good I've noticed the Bully seems to be selling a lot quicker than ever before (already sold out for Forest except J1and J10 not yet on sale).

I'm in the family enclosure for that one as with niece but will keep an eye on it.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why are they suddenly doing all of them now.

The idea comes from some examples I know of (and that's just people I know) of people who haven't bothered for years despite having the means to and time but now we are doing well have brought a season ticket.

A big club yeah....a big club at the cost of losing our identity (which already seems to be happening in my and others opinion).....I'm not so sure.
I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. Do you not want the crowds to grow? And as regards your last paragraph it kind of looks like you would prefer languishing in the Championship with the odd shot at the top six and also the odd shot at the bottom three.

W

wolvesultra

I'm not quite sure where you're going with this. Do you not want the crowds to grow? And as regards your last paragraph it kind of looks like you would prefer languishing in the Championship with the odd shot at the top six and also the odd shot at the bottom three.

I'm not fussed about crowds growing to be honest. Especially when it's at the detriment of people who were there when things weren't so good.

As for your second point you know what I'm not even sure myself! I've loved the football on show this season and I love my club Wolverhampton Wanderers being successful but (and I can't even fully grasp why myself) it just doesn't seem right there's a few changes about the club I notice and it worries me. I genuinely try to ignore them and just enjoy this season but it doesn't feel the same. I'm enjoying this season far less than the league one season for example.

I know it sounds mad but that my honest response. Wouldn't rather us languishing in the championship....my head says no don't be daft but if it meant it still being the Wolverhampton Wanderers I know....I'm genuinely not so sure.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not fussed about crowds growing to be honest. Especially when it's at the detriment of people who were there when things weren't so good.

As for your second point you know what I'm not even sure myself! I've loved the football on show this season and I love my club Wolverhampton Wanderers being successful but (and I can't even fully grasp why myself) it just doesn't seem right there's a few changes about the club I notice and it worries me. I genuinely try to ignore them and just enjoy this season but it doesn't feel the same. I'm enjoying this season far less than the league one season for example.

I know it sounds mad but that my honest response. Wouldn't rather us languishing in the championship....my head says no don't be daft but if it meant it still being the Wolverhampton Wanderers I know....I'm genuinely not so sure.
I rhink you speak to something a lot of us feel. For me it's political (I don't like a Chinese investment company running our club) but I think the sentiment runs deeper: what happens if we become successful? Do we become something we don't recognise? Do we become an international rather than a local or regional club; do we stop playing English players;do we stop having seats for loyal fans etc.

iantendo

Reaction score
I'm like you I used to get the same seat in S1 for the last 4 seasons just paying as I went along. I didn't get a season ticket because I couldn't get to Tuesday night matches. But now I'm thinking of buying a ST next season anyway just so I can sit in the same place each week - this season I'm bobbing all over the place just depending on what's available when I buy my ticket.

Assuming we go up though next season might not be as bad. In the Premier League Wolves will be on TV a lot more. Also it's very easy to find a dodgy stream for Prem games since every single game is televised in the USA. So HD streams with English commentary are easy to come by. Also being realistic we won't be winning all the time. I do think all those factors will have a big effect on ticket sales.

D

Deleted member 4594

You aren't getting way ahead of yourself at all!

old gold barmy army

Reaction score

Well I bit the bullet being similar to yourself, when the fixtures came out in June I booked a holiday for each game that clashed with work. I work for Ocado delivering shopping so it was quite a few that I had to book. Left me enough holidays for a week in Scotland in August. The only game I have not been able to attend was the Ipswich game as we can't book holidays for the last 3 weeks in December. If my Rota allows we have done away games also.

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah I’m in same position, brother is in south Bank currently on his lonesome, I’d love to get a season ticket next season if my funds are looking good (moving House in few months) and obviously if available. My dad might be able to attend the games I can’t make which might be a fair few due to family and sometimes work. There’s been kind offers of lifts from Manchester on here which is great.

Will have to see

Do have to wonder how many are in this position.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got a mate who’s lad got into football and wanted a ST, he had no allegiances and this kid has got a lot of different strips including Wolves, but the most successful team at the time were the lot down the road and they’ve got STs at the Albion now, to be fair if we swap places, they might swap, they might not, now they’re used to going to the Hawthorns.

Another girl who plays in my lads team has got into football, her parents aren’t originally from the WMids and they’re looking for a team, she turned up for training after her birthday in the full Wolves kit, partly due to my sons influence. Her, her parents and two sisters will be going to their first ever Wolves game against Forest, the dad is a Forest fan.

The point I’m making is that you are going to get this, the return of old fans, creation of new fans, increase in impartial football rather than Wolves fans, the only way to guarantee a seat really is to get a ST, I’ll probably have to bite the bullet at some point, if I want to start going regularly again.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the last few seasons I’ve had a few sources of corporate tickets and it was relatively easy to get hold of tickets, at times people couldn’t give tickets away, I sat in a box last season, with just me and my lad. This season those sources have dried up, the interest has increased massively.

Me Babbies

Reaction score

Last time we were in the prem the club did have a ticket reselling option. (Possibly the Dave Jones season?)
You let them know which game & they then put your seat on resale. Only If it was taken you got your money created back.
I’m not sure how this worked out fir STH seats as I was always in mine.

This system only works when the ground is constantly full though, which next season may be. IIRC correctly that season we had over 20K STHs which made game by game tickets like rocking horse muck.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of *******s that was QB wolf.

Most successful team at the time were the lot down the road.,and they have season tickets at the ****e now.If we swap places they might swap.

This is what ****es proper wolves fans off.Only supporting a team wen they're playing well.

Yam either a wolves fan or yow ay.:(

**** the prawn sandwich ****ing brigade.:mad:

W

we8wba

Away fans if promoted will be based in the steve bull lower large majority of the time.

Just go in the north bank each on weekly buy basis if you can attend.

Only other option is season ticket and share or lose out.

No point going around in circles

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a load of *******s that was QB wolf.

Most successful team at the time were the lot down the road.,and they have season tickets at the ****e now.If we swap places they might swap.

This is what ****es proper wolves fans off.Only supporting a team wen they're playing well.

Yam either a wolves fan or yow ay.:(

**** the prawn sandwich ****ing brigade.:mad:
It’s not *******s at all, it happens, some people are just football fans, without supporting a specific team.

They go to watch teams playing football and want to watch the best football they can locally, they don’t go and support Albion, but go to see Arsenal, the Manchester club’s, Chelsea etc in the flesh. I don’t see the problem with it personally.

They sit in normal cheaper seats, so there’s nothing Prawn Sandwich about it either.

It’s not me, I’m more of a Wolves fan than a football fan, I only ever really watch Wolves matches and have zero interest in the prem, unless we’re in it.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't want a stadium full of those type of people.We want wolves fans to fill the ground up.Wolves fans who have followed the club through thick and thin.Snow,Rain,and Sunshine.Not coming just because we are doing well.**** em all.:mad:
Doesn’t matter what you want, the additional 10k fans that are coming now show that.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you wait to see if we go up you won’t get one. Simple!
I’ve had a ticket for 15 consecutive years but gave it up at the beginning of last season. I’ve bought a half season ticket for my son and I get we are way out on the wings of the upper BW tier.
Do the club not still do the buy back scheme?

Back
Top Bottom