Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to see what happens with Adama I think Barcelona don’t really want him.. So where does that leave him.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 summers ago there was talk about Liverpool

Last summer spurs Barca

This summer Everton and Leeds

Next summer Watford Norwich???

Seems his stock is falling.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because all of our other wingers have such glowing statistics (they don't)

I remember endless opposition players referencing how they'd hate to play against them. How they're pretty much unplayable 1 vs 1. (they didn't)

Oh no wait, that was only ever Adama.

Play the right system where we get more than 1 bloke in the ****ing box and he'll be a huge asset. Let him go for 10-20m and we'll regret it.

Last edited:

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But, the evidence was that opposition sides could not afford to leave him a 1v1 opportunity and he often kept at least two players occupied.
I felt sure we didn't exploit that situation enough. Whereas oppositions could deal with the regulation players we had left, no problem.
I think he was worth 20minutes in any game whilst admitting his all-round contribution was lacking.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I remember endless opposition players referencing how they'd hate to play against them. How they're pretty much unplayable 1 vs 1. (they didn't)

Play the right system where we get more than 1 bloke in the ****ing box and he'll be a huge asset. Let him go for 10-20m and we'll regret it.
I agree with your points however, you say play the right System for him, he played at Barca, world class team mates better passers, movers and finishers and he still failed to produce. Far weaker league too.

He isn’t good enough technically or production wise to be a focal point or system focused player.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He just isn't a particularly good player and in the modern game a player has to do far far more than be exciting when running with the ball
I agree he is frustrating but this is probably why we don't create many chances . As not many players in our team run with the ball . We do have a tip tap style of play that's slow at times . Traore if he had a decent cross and shot wouldn't be here now .

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said last year that if he doesn’t get his act together, he might end up in the Championahip. His options seem to be dwindling.

Doesn't get his act together?... by all reports he is an utter professional.
I'll take what you say with a very big pinch of salt.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I created this thread over two years ago, I wasn’t far wrong, but many disagreed.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But, the evidence was that opposition sides could not afford to leave him a 1v1 opportunity and he often kept at least two players occupied.
I felt sure we didn't exploit that situation enough. Whereas oppositions could deal with the regulation players we had left, no problem.
I think he was worth 20minutes in any game whilst admitting his all-round contribution was lacking.
Totally agree, the opposition would always be looking at where he was and mindful of what he can do. One of our main problems and I hate to say it, is that our build up play is beyond pedestrian like and our lack of ability to even shift the ball quickly, let alone run with it is poor at best.

I always thought that we would benefit from having a couple of more mobile players that would or could run beyond him (like Doc did). That would give defences a real headache and cause for concern but because we don’t do that, the opposition have learnt that if they block off Adama then the ball just goes backwards and they can regroup.

I have often thought of Adama, as a square peg in a round hole at Wolves. When he was in the starting 11, it always felt like 10 and Adama to me. In as much as, he almost felt like a misfit because he was fast and explosive whilst the rest are very pedestrian like most of the time but I suppose to a degree that would be the case whoever he played for.

I don’t think Adama suits a team that has what I call the continental build up and that’s why he didn’t shine at Barcelona, I am convinced that a good manager and the right players around him his contribution would be immense. Again, hate to say it but I think he would have been a great fit for the style Leeds were playing.

I’d love him to stay at Wolves and be used to his strengths but at the same time, I totally get the end product frustration. Adama, is without doubt the worlds number one enigma in football.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about?
Those first three games of the season were so exciting and Adama was electric until he was in front of goal and was wasteful :D
He'll always be exciting. Unfortunately he'll always be wasteful. I'd be happy with a less exciting, less wasteful player in his place.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't get his act together?... by all reports he is an utter professional.
I'll take what you say with a very big pinch of salt.
Ok……what I meant was, and presumed it was understood, that Adama would play more consistently like we’ve seen him do in the past, when he rose above himself……was magic…….
when he would have had Best, Pele, Cryuff, and many other gods jumping out of their seats in awe and admiration………

………..while wearing a Wolves shirt……

I’m not his biggest fan and have frequently criticized him, none the less, some of his best moments are extremely fantastic and he was ours……..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree he is frustrating but this is probably why we don't create many chances . As not many players in our team run with the ball . We do have a tip tap style of play that's slow at times . Traore if he had a decent cross and shot wouldn't be here now .
He went to Barca…. And bombed…..

They play far more attacking and quality football.

He is with wolves and only clubs of our standard or lower will take him after yet another failure to perform in another club. He needs to realise wolves is the best he is going to do and just sign on the dotted line for a reasonable salary expectation not the insane one it is well reported he was after.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll always be exciting. Unfortunately he'll always be wasteful. I'd be happy with a less exciting, less wasteful player in his place.

We had one, his name was Trincao and he was dull to watch. Traore can get us up the pitch in mere seconds, he is box office and he frightens the life out of defenders.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with your points however, you say play the right System for him, he played at Barca, world class team mates better passers, movers and finishers and he still failed to produce. Far weaker league too.

He isn’t good enough technically or production wise to be a focal point or system focused player.

If he was better technically do you think he'd ever be playing for Wolves considering his other attributes? The bloke would be worth 100m.

This is what I don't get. We're a mid table side. We don't have the luxury to be able to turn our nose up at a player who offers such a unique threat to the opposition. Take his assist vs West Ham last year. There are very few players in world football who can do that from where he picks the ball up.

We all love Moutinho, but we know his weaknesses. No one says, oh yeh, he can pass but he's a bit slow isn't he? It's as if unless Adama is the most complete player in history then he isn't worth bothering with.

Last edited:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was better technically do you think he'd ever be playing for Wolves considering his other attributes? The bloke would be worth 100m.

This is what I don't get. We're a mid table side. We don't have the luxury to be able to turn our nose up at a player who offers such a unique threat to the opposition. Take his assist vs West Ham last year. There are very few players in world football who can do that from where he picks the ball up.

We all love Moutinho, but we know his weaknesses. No one says, oh yeh, he can pass but he's a bit slow isn't he? It's as if unless Adama is the most complete player in history then he isn't worth bothering with.
Many a mixer has postulated about Traore being far better when he runs through the middle. Out wide he can get channelled but when he does into a position to get the ball into the penalty box there are all too often only one or two isolated Wolves players to pick out.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Worth remembering at one point the Raul/Adama partnership was the most prolific goals/assists one in the league, which in no small part was a reason Adama was valued as he was.

Would love to see Lage try to reignite that understanding again and maybe someone can help Adama with his finishing, he’s proven he can put som incredible goals away. Sometimes I feel he’s at his best when he’s not thinking and that’s what does him, maybe overthinking things and then his own feet and pace get away from him.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Amen brother, my thoughts exactly. The man is dynamite, it's mad people doubt that. And he also entertains, something missing at the Mol since he left. And didn't our form fall off a cliff once he went to Barca?

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
A lot of people talk about the impact Traore has on the opposition and how they have to double up on him etc.

Whats not talked about much is the how excited Traore gets the crowd and how this adds to getting the other Wolves players stoked up also. Too many times Trincao got the ball last season and the crown couldn’t have been more ‘meh’.

Adama gets the ball and there’s always a chance something is going to happen and you get the sense of that all around Molineux (even if the ball ends up in the Asda car park).

Personally I think the players feel that anticipation and play to it too and it’s not something that’s measured in xG, dribbling stats, key passes blah blah

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage doesn’t like wingers to cross in the air, hence the loan to Barca

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its a bit silly when people say we will regret selling him. He wont sign the contract we have offered him. He wont commit to playing for Wolves. We shouldnt even be picking him if he isnt committed to us. Put our efforts into developing Chiquinho and just sell him for what we can get. We dont have much choice really. And if he is as good as some of you lot think he is, for the price he would be available for we should have clubs banging our door down to sign him.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amen brother, my thoughts exactly. The man is dynamite, it's mad people doubt that. And he also entertains, something missing at the Mol since he left. And didn't our form fall off a cliff once he went to Barca?
You could hear it in the groans early on against Crystal palace...as each of our front 3 tried to take it on and lost it time and time again. Neto was injured so he had an excuse but the others Podence and hwang didn't beat a man all game.
It was an absolute joke.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He went to Barca…. And bombed…..

They play far more attacking and quality football.

He is with wolves and only clubs of our standard or lower will take him after yet another failure to perform in another club. He needs to realise wolves is the best he is going to do and just sign on the dotted line for a reasonable salary expectation not the insane one it is well reported he was after.
Coutinho went to Barca and bombed…Ibrahimovic, Fabregas, Griezmann…

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not going to give Adama what he should do in the coming year. But, I think, he surely remembers that it was only when he came to Wolves that his name started to circle, before when he was at Barca, Aston Villa, and Middlesbrough, was not that popular with the sporting media. Once he found his worth with Wolves, he should think of renewing his contract and proceed with his game.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem was the missed opportunities after he’d been put clean through on goal.
Not just that. His lack of awareness , his lack of vision , his lack of football brain has meant hes underachieved in his career so far. Great shame because he has fantastic skill and speed.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Not just that. His lack of awareness , his lack of vision , his lack of football brain has meant hes underachieved in his career so far. Great shame because he has fantastic skill and speed.
myth, i have seen him play many through balls on the ground to players running into space in front of him, also win the ball in midfield and lay it off. Total and utter myth the awareness and vision thing. Lack of football brain? do me a favour you don't play at the level he is at just on physical attributes otherwise these football skills youtubers wouldn't be on youtube they'd be playing.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
myth, i have seen him play many through balls on the ground to players running into space in front of him, also win the ball in midfield and lay it off. Total and utter myth the awareness and vision thing. Lack of football brain? do me a favour you don't play at the level he is at just on physical attributes otherwise these football skills youtubers wouldn't be on youtube they'd be playing.
I wouldn’t necessarily say he hasn’t got a football brain but his skill and speed are world class yet his decision making is Championship. And his shooting abilities…Crikey O’Reilly!!!
Still want to keep him though. Love the guy!

Back
Top Bottom