Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Adama?

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After reading this article in E&S about a possible move away from Molineux in the summer.
My opinion would be to cash in on Adama, if over £100 million. I know some may say he’s worth more to us, due to him being such a unique outlet. But I honestly believe, he will still be the up and down form player we’ve seen in past years.
To be such a consistent player with just speed, as your asset, is a difficult task.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After reading this article in E&S about a possible move away from Molineux in the summer.
My opinion would be to cash in on Adama, if over £100 million. I know some may say he’s worth more to us, due to him being such a unique outlet. But I honestly believe, he will still be the up and down form player we’ve seen in past years.
To be such a consistent player with just speed, as your asset, is a difficult task.

Im with you, if we need to sell anyone, I'd accept him leaving, he's a very good player, but 100m +. Even in todays market its a massive fee, reinvest it wisely and we push on.

I've always said we look a much better/more balanced side with out him, he is exciting, and leaves people for dead, but imo needs a lot more composure to justify the figures being banded about.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Id only sell him as long as we got a better replacement. Same for any player. Except Neves, who is irreplaceable and the DNA of how we play.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can´t see us getting anywhere near the pre Corona value for him in the markets in the immidate future.
If Adama wants to leave us though,we might not have a choice but to sell.
Most of the time,transfers like this is out of the hands of the club so to speak.
So much depends upon the opinion of the player in question.

For Traore personally,a move to a really big club seems at little bit premature IMHO.
I do think he would benefit quite alot with another couple of seasons with us and under Nunos guidance.
Adama is still young,and he still has time on his side.

Seems like his manager is eager though for a transfer..so how knows?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just his agent talking this up. Depending on our finances and targets, for £100 million or so then I probably be ok with a sale. It's one area we are well covered.
Not that I am saying we should sell him. Its not as simple as £ signs.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can´t see us getting anywhere near the pre Corona value for him in the markets in the immidate future.
If Adama wants to leave us though,we might not have a choice but to sell.
Most of the time,transfers like this is out of the hands of the club so to speak.
So much depends upon the opinion of the player in question.

For Traore personally,a move to a really big club seems at little bit premature IMHO.
I do think he would benefit quite alot with another couple of seasons with us and under Nunos guidance.
Adama is still young,and he still has time on his side.

Seems like his manager is eager though for a transfer..so how knows?
I've seen a few references to depressed transfer fees now but if the season is completed meaning all the TV and sponsorship money comes in, the Premier league clubs will hardly notice.
Worry about next season might hold them back of course and the lower league will be hard hit but matchday revenue is a small % to us, though important for FFP.
Its also possible that FFP might be relaxed next season in an attempt to put some extra money into the lower or less financially rewarding leagues in other countries.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His Agent hasn’t helped
He also said this which very much changes the headline
Speaking to Efe, the agent of the player trained in Barcelona explained that Adama's is a "practical example" of what lies ahead in the player market, since his movement will depend on the circumstances and the decision-making of his current club, Wolverhampton.

"If the 'Wolves' have no need to sell and receive offers below the value that Adama will have in 2021, it will have no movement in the market; if the Wolves understand that they have to grow by selling or that the price they can pay for Adama is attractive enough, he will end up selling. That is a little uncertainty, "said Rodri Baster.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If we got a stupid offer, 60-65 million, and I wouldn’t sell him to another English team. I’d like to keep him but there is a point where it is more beneficial for the club to sell

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As it seems Wolves haven't had his shoulder operated on when they should have done whilst he wasn't playing I doubt he would pass a medical anyway.
Mind you football is in the distant future so there's plenty of time for that.

Dazwolves1966

Reaction score
For £100m+ Maybe sell, though I believe he’s a huge part of Nuno’s thinking so unless a crazy offer he’s going nowhere imo. But I do honestly feel the transfer fees will take a real hit this year transfer windows And I just can’t see clubs splashing the cash after this awful virus? MU Ed Woodward stating exactly this yesterday.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
and a touch of Covid-19?
Hospital's the worst place to be during a pandemic.

He would be in a private hospital surely -where there wouldn't be any covid 19 patients

Bonkers not to operate now -got to be done sooner or later

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably deserves both after the season he’s had.
Depends on what he is already on and if he can sustain the performance. Need to be careful not to upset other key squad members.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on what he is already on and if he can sustain the performance. Need to be careful not to upset other key squad members.
I’d guess as he came from the championship he’s probably not on anywhere near the likes of Raul/Neves/Jota/Boly

lycophilos

Reaction score
Speed isn't his only asset.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry £100m abd you wouldn’t sell? I know we are all going slightly mad but!!
Yes for £100m he’d be gone, you never knows serious injury, head turned, or a drop in form could easily happen, get 3 £35m players in with that, that’s how football works

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My gut feeling with him is ( and its always been the same when he was at Boro and when he wasnt playing well here ) is he will chase wherever the money is. I have nothing to base it on, just a feeling i have. I wouldnt say he is a mercenary, but i dont think it wouldnt take much to turn his head either.

I dont think leaving would be a good move for him personally. This is his only really good season so far in a career that he has mainly flattered to deceive. His spell around November/December was absolutley outstanding, but i did notice as well that before we stopped the season he had become a bit less of a team player like he was when he was killing it. I actually dont think he can be effective at this moment in his career without Nuno guiding him.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My gut feeling with him is ( and its always been the same when he was at Boro and when he wasnt playing well here ) is he will chase wherever the money is. I have nothing to base it on, just a feeling i have. I wouldnt say he is a mercenary, but i dont think it wouldnt take much to turn his head either.

I dont think leaving would be a good move for him personally. This is his only really good season so far in a career that he has mainly flattered to deceive. His spell around November/December was absolutley outstanding, but i did notice as well that before we stopped the season he had become a bit less of a team player like he was when he was killing it. I actually dont think he can be effective at this moment in his career without Nuno guiding him.
Funny I think the exact opposite with regards money he‘s a very humble guy. Whilst Nuno is here I can’t see him leaving he’s a confidence player who needs an arm around the shoulder and he gets that at Wolves.

D

Deleted member 4436

£100m is ambitious even in pre-corona market.

I’d place him in and around the £70m mark and if an offer came in I’d absolutely sell. We absolutely cannot lose 2 of the 3, so Jimenez would need to stay - obviously...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will be interested to see how football emerges from this pandemic. One big change I expect to see is in transfer fees. The money will not be there to pay silly money. Even the mega rich premier league will find things difficult.

As for Adama, I don't think he will be sold, at least not until the transfer market stabilises.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny I think the exact opposite with regards money he‘s a very humble guy. Whilst Nuno is here I can’t see him leaving he’s a confidence player who needs an arm around the shoulder and he gets that at Wolves.

I remember watching some interview with him at Boro iirc and he just seemed the sort of bloke who would chase the money. Be interesting if he comes out with any statement like Jimenez did after he was linked with a move away. Raul was pretty quick to say he was happy here even without champions league footy. Be good if could do the same.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
For the money talked about here I'd sell. For 2 reasons -

1 - As others have stated, we could buy 3 very decent new players for what we'd get for Adama.

2 - I don't know why but I do have a feeling that just as he experienced a dramatic upturn in form that it may happen that he'll go back to the old Adama just as quickly and easily. It's just a theory I have.

The effectiveness of this type of winger is traditionally very short term. Maybe he's peaked?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the money talked about here I'd sell. For 2 reasons -

1 - As others have stated, we could buy 3 very decent new players for what we'd get for Adama.

2 - I don't know why but I do have a feeling that just as he experienced a dramatic upturn in form that it may happen that he'll go back to the old Adama just as quickly and easily. It's just a theory I have.

The effectiveness of this type of winger is traditionally very short term. Maybe he's peaked?
So we might as well sell any of our players if we could get 3 decent ones in?

I just don’t understand this. We know Nuno is a top class coach and we know how desperate Adama is to improve so there’s a fair chance we could have a world class player on our hands in a season or twos time. But no let’s sell him and get 3 decent players in instead.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I'm more than happy to keep him as well. I love watching him, it's amazing.

But 3 new Nuno signings are likely to be much more than decent. And again it's based on my theory that wingers are only very good in the short term.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player has a price, so if we were offered £80m+ I think we would have to sell.

Realistically, I don't see anyone paying anywhere near that, so we don't sell. He has the ability to be an £80m player and even above, so we would be mad to cash in for less than that considering his age and potential.

Will be gutted if/when he does leave just from watching him every week. It's no exaggeration to say there's no other player like him in the world and he is the best on the planet at dribbling past players. Even if it doesn't end up in an assist or a goal, it's still part of what has made this side so good to watch.

I think the big spenders will want to see another year out of him producing these sort of performances before they consider selling.

As for his personality, I've only seen/heard good things. Took a young family member to one of those open training session things and at the end all the kids line up to get autographs. As there were thousands there (lower BW at Molineux), they split the players into two on either side of the tunnel, they would sign for half and go in, which was fair enough, still took them ages and was nice thing to do. He was the only one who did both sides and whoever worked for Wolves was basically urging him to go in as he was in his training kit and it was freezing/raining, he said no, so the chap was dashing around to find one of those big coats to put on him but he kept doing pictures/autographs till every one got one. Also, someone I know from work got to see him at the training ground said he was chatty, polite, praising teammates/Nuno etc.

Of course, that doesn't mean he wouldn't chase the money but just that I've only seen/heard positives about him.

On another note, the contract situation with us is a bit concerning. Nuno obviously for starters, Boly has reached the position where he holds all the power with a year left, Jota has two years left so is going that way as well. He needs to get a new deal quickly.

Even though Traore has three years, in football terms he should be rewarded, get a pay rise and an extra year. Given so many of our players are young, like Traore, Jota, Neves, we should be looking really far ahead with them for ourselves and when it comes to fees.

Given all the key staff that have left over the years and the fact Nuno hasn't signed or Jota but especially Boly, I wonder if we're not paying enough? It's not really adding up and will be the beginning of the end if we're not paying anywhere near the others.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
No, never!….well least not for a while yet.

Have some of you lost your heads???

An undeniable key weapon that absolutely petrifies the opposition with even the thought of having to deal with him….then they actually do have to!!

He’s a player that gives our style an amplified gravitas that has the top teams absolutely dreading having to face us.

Now read that above sentence again and comprehend with consideration to what we are actually aiming to do.

When the target in their fortified positions are in a state of absolute panic, you simply do not choose to remove your game-changing catapult from the fray.

The Wolves are here to conquer and claim territory previously considered unachievable, no??

D

Deleted member 4099

If Wolves are offered 100 million for any including him they will accept it and so they should. You could add 4/5 quality additions to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom