Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does it matter? He's just failed at securing his dream move back to his boyhood club, maybe it's hit home he ****ed up. Not an issue in the slightest.
Yeah…….feel for the guy. I think his ego might have taken a bit of a hit in the last year or so. I want him to find some club where he’s happy and satisfied.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah…….feel for the guy. I think his ego might have taken a bit of a hit in the last year or so. I want him to find some club where he’s happy and satisfied.

Always thought Doherty worked well with him and brought out the best in him. Now Doherty is revitalised at Spurs, maybe Spurs would be interested?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always thought Doherty worked well with him and brought out the best in him. Now Doherty is revitalised at Spurs, maybe Spurs would be interested?
It seems at one point they were but since he didn’t do well at Barca, I wonder if their interest has waned.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
I think Adama just wants to play football. He always comes across as a nice guy and his team mates all speak highly of his work ethic in training so don't think there can be much question about his professionalism.

You couldn't blame him if he didn't want to be a benchwarmer or an impact sub, and who would miss an opportunity to play for Barcelona never mind the fact its his boyhood club and the team he listened to the crowd roar for when he was a kid.

As frustrating as he could be on occasion, he also provided some unforgettable moments for me as a Wolves fan, not the least the goals he scored against Man City, or that magic moment he got Rob Holding booked :)

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm gonna predict that we'll get lots out of Traore this season. I think he's got a good attitude anyway, but he'll know this season is make-or-break. A good year and he'll be attractive to some of Europe's biggest sides (Spurs, Arsenal, AC Milan, Seville type size); a poor year and he'll be looking at a newly promoted or lower top-flight club. So even if he'd rather not be at Wolves (and I'm not sure that's the case) he'll knuckle down.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score

Mentioned this before on another thread. Those first 3 years under Nuno we saw partnerships all over the pitch, Adama/Docherty, Raul/Jota, Neves/Moutinho, Saiss/Jonny, Cody/Bennett/Boly

We seem to be missing that at the moment, whether this is down to the system the players are being asked to play (and/or don't understand), or rotating a thin injury ridden squad but its really noticeable.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mentioned this before on another thread. Those first 3 years under Nuno we saw partnerships all over the pitch, Adama/Docherty, Raul/Jota, Neves/Moutinho, Saiss/Jonny, Cody/Bennett/Boly

We seem to be missing that at the moment, whether this is down to the system the players are being asked to play (and/or don't understand), or rotating a thin injury ridden squad but its really noticeable.

Think we just miss a dynamic on form attacking partnership. Jota Jiminez, then Adama Jiminex was huge for us. Neves and are Centre Backs had their best season. but having fully firing attackers takes off so much pressure from the rest of the team. Hopefully we will have Neto back.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There did seem to be the potential for a good partnership between Fabio and Podence after a couple of games, but team selection and injuries meant it was never given a chance to develop.

Raymont

Reaction score

I think this is primarily due to rotation and injuries, and the rotation due to injuries. Seems none of our wingers and wingbacks get a proper run of games together.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep that dream of going back to his boyhood club is now pretty much over. Will be interesting to see if he looks for a fresh start elsewhere or decides to sign a new contract and knuckle down with us.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One of the advantages of a thinner squad was that there wasn't much possibility of chopping and changing. In the wing/inside forward positions we have Hwang, Podence, Neto traore chiquinho and MGW. We won't keep them all happy, and they won't probably get the chance to build up those partnerships.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here I really don’t think he’ll get a better club than us so he’d be better off staying.
If he knuckles down, which I am sure he will, and if he gets a run in the team, then clubs might come knocking in January. He can then go for a knock-down fee, or wait and leave for free in the summer.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If he knuckles down, which I am sure he will, and if he gets a run in the team, then clubs might come knocking in January. He can then go for a knock-down fee, or wait and leave for free in the summer.
He should be nowhere near the bench let alone the first team. Primarily because he’s **** and secondly because he’s proved he doesn’t want to be here.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many faces need saving for that to happen,I would guess?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should be nowhere near the bench let alone the first team. Primarily because he’s **** and secondly because he’s proved he doesn’t want to be here.
We need someone to fill the bench. Either that or Cundle, Campbell and Bueno need to spread out a bit.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep that dream of going back to his boyhood club is now pretty much over. Will be interesting to see if he looks for a fresh start elsewhere or decides to sign a new contract and knuckle down with us.

Whether he stays long term or not, it would be in our interests if he were to sign a new contract and fights for his place in the squad.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he did too much wrong so I suspect he will still end up a Barca - as a free agent. Meanwhile I am looking forward to seeing him in a Wolves shirt again, could be one of the first names on the teamsheet the way it's going.

paxrax

Groupie
Reaction score

i concur.

my management brain, which admittedly isn't the best would be -

1. give him a run of 6 games to prove himself.

2. after the 6th game offer him a new contract.

3. if he doesn't sign sit him on the bench and don't play him. let him go in jan for a nominal or in july for **** all.

****in' good me ;)

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should imagine hes a little embarrassed

I should imagine like the majority of us he'd be ****ed off his holidays are over and its back to work!.....

Hope he starts the first game as he started the first games last season.

Neto on the left, Jimenez at CF , Traore on the right........ Podence/ MGW in the "10" role.
Its not rocket science.

Last edited:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should imagine lke the majority of us he'd be ****ed off his holidays are over and its back to work!.....

Hope he starts the first game as he started the first games last season.

Neto on the left, Jimenez at CF , Traore on the right........ Podence/ MGW in the "10" role.
Its not rocket science.

Reckon we've played that system/personnel for collectively about an hour.

Southampton at Home and Arsenal Away in 2020. In which we looked more exciting and dangerous than we have in the rest of the other games combined.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether he stays long term or not, it would be in our interests if he were to sign a new contract and fights for his place in the squad.
Gosh I hope not. Far too inconsistent for the PL.
In 3.5 seasons, he played only one good season, benched many times by Nuno, Bruno and Barca.
IMO, no point in throwing good money after bad. Not even a years extension at the same money he gets now.
I think he gets around £2,600,000 a year. Put that to better use.
Maybe an option for another year, ( maybe ).

I wonder if this window if any PL club will offer £15m for him? Maybe a Championship club might but would Adama even consider a move like that?

Back
Top Bottom