Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decision time (assuming he'd sign a new contract - he probably won't), do we offer him a new lucrative deal? Or sell?

We should at least get our fee back, possibly make up to a 50% profit. I'd sell.

Woz_Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
1st half a simple ball to Raul and it’s a free shot on goal. 2nd half space for a free run into the box, puts in a **** cross to Raul instead.

Adama Traore in a nutshell.
Sell, and Poztin has summed up the exact reason why

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outside of his best season with us it's 3 goals and assists in 79 premier League games.

39 games and 4 goals and 9 assists in the rest.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decision time (assuming he'd sign a new contract - he probably won't), do we offer him a new lucrative deal? Or sell?

We should at least get our fee back, possibly make up to a 50% profit. I'd sell.
This thread is probably premature as Bruno said Wolves aren’t selling this window. And who knows what Traore will be like at season’s end.
Actually, he’s probably in the right place as Wolves too are a bit Jekyll and Hyde in their performances;)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1st half a simple ball to Raul and it’s a free shot on goal. 2nd half space for a free run into the box, puts in a **** cross to Raul instead.

Adama Traore in a nutshell.
Criticised when he goes himself, criticised by the same folk when he passes... Traore in a nutshell. The AHs are great with the benefit of hindsight....

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is probably premature as Bruno said Wolves aren’t selling this window. And who knows what Traore will be like at season’s end.
Actually, he’s probably in the right place as Wolves too are a bit Jekyll and Hyde in their performances;)

Read Poztin's post there's your answer

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell. I think Neto and Hwang are more complete players. I also think that Bruno isn't a huge fan of the guy.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Criticised when he goes himself, criticised by the same folk when he passes... Traore in a nutshell. The AHs are great with the benefit of hindsight....
Hindsight? He's been forever known as having a poor final ball. His decision making is a huge part of that. The first one he drew the defender, a simple pass makes the goalie move. The second one, he crossed where even a good cross (it wasn't) would have been hard to for Raul to win.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hindsight? He's been forever known as having a poor final ball. His decision making is a huge part of that. The first one he drew the defender, a simple pass makes the goalie move. The second one, he crossed where even a good cross (it wasn't) would have been hard to for Raul to win.
Woteva. Suggest that you stick to ice hockey as your knowledge of football (not ****ing soccer) could be written on the back of a stamp with 95% of it blank like your head.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more l see of Hwang the less l rate him. Works hard but....
I don't think he's special. I just think he's more special than what we have.

Traore is the best at creating chances, but his final ball and decision making let him down which is why he can never find the scoresheet.

Podence is probably the most flipped flopped player on this board and for good reason. You never quite know what you're going to get.

With Hwang, you know exactly what you'll get. A hard worker who gets the ball toward the net. He was so close to winning the game at the end. And until we have players that can score, I just don't see how you drop him.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woteva. Suggest that you stick to ice hockey as your knowledge of football (not ****ing soccer) could be written on the back of a stamp with 95% of it blank like your head.
He’s just ****ed off because the vile lost.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think there has been a player in a wolves shirt as talented or equally as frustrating as traore.

The things he does well he is outstanding... the things he doesn't do as well at he is awful.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a big fan but I'm getting a little low on faith at the moment. Still wouldn't sell in this window unless we are reinvesting and some.
Has another pop on Saturday if Podence is still in lockdown. Anyone know if that's the case? Sure to be more opportunities to counter against pool.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played in completely the wrong position by Bruno - as an inside forward - yet he still created more chances than anyone else on the pitch.

Stick him on the wing and let him beat players. Get Fabio up top with Jiminez on the end of crosses. We ay good enough to play through teams

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’re AHs because they criticize him? Every player and coaches are criticized on here, probably sometimes by you too.
Are you an AH?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry I love soccer too much to give it up. There's an ignore feature, use it. :)

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not his biggest fan but the hate he gets really ****es me off. You can hear and feel it every time he gets the ball, almost like people want him to make a mistake/miss a chance.

He was our best outlet and attacking threat today regardless of chances missed/not taken. He needs more help around him. In a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 he would be laughing.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’d love him to stay but if we’ve offered to make him one of our highest earners and he still hasn’t signed, then there isn’t really much more we can do.

Have a feeling one of the big boys will be prepared to take a risk on him for £20-25m. When we were quoting £50-60m for him at the end of that second season, I can fully understand that for that price they’d rather go for someone who is more of a ‘sure bet’. But the potential upside for what would be a fairly minimal outlay could make him a pretty attractive proposition for someone in January.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there has been a player in a wolves shirt as talented or equally as frustrating as traore.

The things he does well he is outstanding... the things he doesn't do as well at he is awful.
There's no point being good at the things he's good at because he's **** at the things he's **** at. Now if he was good at some of the things he's **** at some of the time, then we'd have a hell of a player

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Sell Sell Sell. Bit late now though, he isn't worth half what he was when the world was laughably overrating him, that was the time to cash in but instead we wanted to show some bravado. Would have won tonight if he was able to make the simple decision at the right time, Rauls reaction said it all.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not his biggest fan but the hate he gets really ****es me off. You can hear and feel it every time he gets the ball, almost like people want him to make a mistake/miss a chance.

He was our best outlet and attacking threat today regardless of chances missed/not taken. He needs more help around him. In a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 he would be laughing.
What in his game have you seen that a change of formation would help?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
unless someone comes in with a big offer in Jan I'd keep him till the end of the season, but if there's no improvement in end product, then probably time to move him on if we get a reasonable fee and have other players lined up to come in. Yes he can be world class dribbling with the ball, but for too much of the time he's still a bit of a one trick pony, even if that one trick is very good.
his overall game has improved whilst he's been here, but still really inconsistent and recently it's been poor more often than it's been good

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does Adama add?

I'll answer that for you...

Bad crossing, terrible decisions and skewed shots.
I think that's a very naive way of looking at it. He clearly opens up play for us and gets the ball from the half way line into promising positions with ease. I'm not saying he's the complete footballer by any means, but he's more of an asset to us than not.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'm happy to sell but we'd need another attacker in. Trincao ain't near good enough, Hwang is technically **** but makes decent runs. Podence is ok.

Without him we'd not have had a shot tonight though. Other 2 attackers, both CMs and Ait-Nouri dreadful tonight

Back
Top Bottom