Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps if Bruno had stuck with Traore as first choice we may have finished top 6 and not midtable?!

I dont think he would have made much difference tbh. He isnt a good enough player on a consistent basis to turn us into a top 6 side. He's exciting and unpredictable, but when you look at things we couldnt score with him there, and we couldnt score without him there. He's just a part of the overall problem. Hes just one of a number of attacking players who just dont offer enough goal contributions.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a load of guesswork from the E&S. still think he’d sign a new deal here rather than go the likes of Leeds or Everton.
Totally agree regarding the guesswork they only report on stuff that has already happened and you can just tell by the way it is written that the rest is guessed.

E&S putting an article out about Fernández or Palhinha (can't remember which one) after it was pretty common knowledge neither were coming to Wolves shows just how on button they are at the moment regarding Wolves and transfers..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His best season, the Europa year, the year he and Raul were amongst the most potent combination in the league, was the year we came closest to finishing top 4. He is not perfect, but his crossing is no worse than Neto’s, his decision making in the final third no worse than Podences.

The problem was not and is not Traore. To use him effectively you need the right players around him. When he was at his best it wasn’t just Raul to aim at in the box, it was Jota, Jonny and Doherty too. It meant Raul had more room in the box to attack the crosses, it’s no surprise he doesn’t look the same threat since two of those went and the other got injured.

This is the problem with focusing solely on assists and goals stats, it’s what he brings to the team as a whole.

Again I’m not saying he’s perfect, far from it, but used properly, with the right players around him, he is a potentially potent weapon that half the league can’t cope with.
Stop it now mate….. adama and his massive limitations weren’t the problem at; Barca x2, villa, Spain and wolves…..

Yes, it is clearly all the other countless players some of whom are WORLD CLASS he has played with are the problem and issue adama doesn’t perform better. Wow, glad to know that every other player has stopped this ballon d’or winner hitting his peak……

No coach or coaching staff has made it work……… but yeah they haven’t got the genius out of this mercurial maverick of a player who again is not only hampered by players but also the lack of ability of professional and elite coaching teams.

HAHAHAHAHAHA what a joke!

He has only had 3/4’s of a good season in his ENTIRE career, but yeah everyone else is the problem not his lack of basic skill execution…….

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a load of guesswork from the E&S. still think he’d sign a new deal here rather than go the likes of Leeds or Everton.
He forced a move mid season from a team pushing for top 4……

He is never and has no intention of staying.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
No coach or coaching staff has made it work……… but yeah they haven’t got the genius out of this mercurial maverick of a player who again is not only hampered by players but also the lack of ability of professional and elite coaching teams.
apart from the season highlighted in the post and the reasons why.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
He forced a move mid season from a team pushing for top 4……

He is never and has no intention of staying.
you keep pushing this line, he got the chance to go to his boyhood home club of course he wanted to go there.

everyone i have heard from the club outwards have stated his professionalism so sorry this line you keep spouting is *******s, we know you hate the guy its clear as day, but making stuff up isnt supporting your dislike.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop it now mate….. adama and his massive limitations weren’t the problem at; Barca x2, villa, Spain and wolves…..

Yes, it is clearly all the other countless players some of whom are WORLD CLASS he has played with are the problem and issue adama doesn’t perform better. Wow, glad to know that every other player has stopped this ballon d’or winner hitting his peak……

He has only had 3/4’s of a good season in his ENTIRE career, but yeah everyone else is the problem not his lack of basic skill execution…….
We're still better with him than without him.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saying nobody wants him is a stretch. More likely that there’s not a massive queue of clubs that wants to pay the transfer fee we want or the wages he wants.

I’ve said it to the point of exhaustion that he’s the most exciting yet most frustrating player I’ve seen in a wolves shirt. If you look purely at stats he’s below average but he creates chaos with the ball and draws opposition players to him. I don’t like when people say he has no end product, it’s more that he doesn’t have enough end product at times. Unfortunately what he has you can’t coach but what he’s missing doesn’t seem to be able to coach into him.

Well all I can say is as of Wednesday this week, the club had not received any enquiries let alone offers for Adama. It has become a bit of a joke within the hierarchy that they can’t get rid of him. They want rid of him.

Bold. Uh? No end product or not enough, more or less the same fault isn’t it?

it will be interesting to see if now that he ‘isn’t good enough for Barca’ he either raises his game at the lower level or the experience has broken him and he becomes a sulk.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s the problem with stats though isn’t it, they don’t always tell the full story. If Traore runs past 4 players and crosses and the ball comes out to Neves who lays it off to someone else and we score Traore doesn’t get the assist but he helped significantly to make the goal. What was clear after he left was that we had a real issue getting into the final third in some games, Newcastle away I remember being really dire. With Traore on the pitch defences go deeper, they double up on him, that creates space and opportunities for others.

Basically what I’m saying is Traore is not just about basic numbers, his influence can’t be quantified like that. Yeah he’s not the finished article and he never will be, but it’s a lot more fun and a lot more unpredictable with him in the squad.
Just to add, the scenario you've mentioned (assisting the assister) happened twice in over 1000 PL minutes. I know because I've been looking. End product is a real problem for him, has been everywhere he's played except for one season with Wolves.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I realise you don’t like him but it’s more than harsh to claim he failed so many times. Countless players leave Barca as youngsters, hell even Fabregas and Pique had to go as teenagers to get game time at other clubs. Villa got relegated so he was sold hardly his failing there and not being a first choice for Spain is hardly a slight on his ability.

It’s a real shame you can’t debate the points made and pretend I’ve put him on balon dor level, I clearly said he wasn’t perfect and has faults.

My argument is about what he brings to the team above pure basic goals and assists stats. There was an article last November that said he attempted more dribbles than anyone else in world football and had the second best success rate. That is his ability, carrying the ball. Yes he has issues with what he does with it at the end but that’s where if you get the other stuff around him right he’s a weapon.

To get the best from Traore you need multiple players arriving into the box and/or runners off him. When we were at our best we had our wing backs pushing in field and 2 direct penalty area forwards. The loss of Jonny and Raul to injury and Jota and Doherty to other clubs severely hampered his effectiveness, but it can come back

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise you don’t like him but it’s more than harsh to claim he failed so many times. Countless players leave Barca as youngsters, hell even Fabregas and Pique had to go as teenagers to get game time at other clubs. Villa got relegated so he was sold hardly his failing there and not being a first choice for Spain is hardly a slight on his ability.

It’s a real shame you can’t debate the points made and pretend I’ve put him on balon dor level, I clearly said he wasn’t perfect and has faults.

My argument is about what he brings to the team above pure basic goals and assists stats. There was an article last November that said he attempted more dribbles than anyone else in world football and had the second best success rate. That is his ability, carrying the ball. Yes he has issues with what he does with it at the end but that’s where if you get the other stuff around him right he’s a weapon.

To get the best from Traore you need multiple players arriving into the box and/or runners off him. When we were at our best we had our wing backs pushing in field and 2 direct penalty area forwards. The loss of Jonny and Raul to injury and Jota and Doherty to other clubs severely hampered his effectiveness, but it can come back
We have also lost a huge chunk of Moutinhos pressing ability and creativity. We were one of the best teams in the division in midfield, now we don't control games against half the league. Half of our support are in denial to that fact, but his pressing stats and shot creating actions have gone down to the point where we are going to struggle if we keep playing him week in week out. It is madness that we have been for 2 years.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
you keep pushing this line, he got the chance to go to his boyhood home club of course he wanted to go there.

everyone i have heard from the club outwards have stated his professionalism so sorry this line you keep spouting is *******s, we know you hate the guy its clear as day, but making stuff up isnt supporting your dislike.
Professional or not he was pushing hard for a move from the moment Nuno left.

I'm indifferent with regards to him tbh, I love and hate him equally. Frustrates me and excites me, but I'd be surprised if he does knuckle down and perform for us again.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
With all his flaws, something that Adama does at a team level is make up for the mobility and pace issues of our back 3 and midfield. With Adama in the side and his ability to get up the pitch, it means teams are less keen to commit to a high line or to commit numbers to a press so he actually gives our back 3 and midfield a little bit more space and time. Without Adama time and again we saw last season, teams pressuring us with a higher press, and committing numbers forward, because, quite simply, our transitions were treacle paced and they knew it.

This is something where our lack of signings and or planning has really hurt us as we're stuck in this system at the moment so we need to make the best of what we've got, or have a manager with a clear plan of how to progress to a different system (which I've seen no evidence we have).

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If I am wrong about the forcing the move I am wrong, clearly I was given bad information, I didn’t make that pushing a loan move up.

I don’t hate the guy, he seems like a nice bloke and a person. I haven’t once called him a bad person.

I simply find it very funny that people slag off everyone and thing else but adama for his lack of assists and goals and apparently stats don’t count for him, but when butchering others they do. So I share points that yes others have limitations too, it cannot always be everyone else’s fault as he has been surrounded by better players than he has here at wolves and still didn’t deliver.

My opinion is based on that information I was given. I am passionate about the club and about supporting he people who want to play for the club. If that is based on what might be wrong information fair dincum, i won’t say the forced part again.

But I stand by the other comments about his lack of stats and why blaming others just doesn’t make sense.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're still better with him than without him.
Are we though? We scored more goals without him than with him.

The drop in form coincided with losing the best defender we had in Kilman, our best midfielder in Neves, our best attacking threat in Podence and then a far improved on previous season semedo.

I think Chiqinho will be a real diamond for us this season with his crossing and neto getting pre-season under his belt will be like a new player.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone think maybe Barca sent him back to get Wolves to drop their price?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we though? We scored more goals without him than with him.

The drop in form coincided with losing the best defender we had in Kilman, our best midfielder in Neves, our best attacking threat in Podence and then a far improved on previous season semedo.

I think Chiqinho will be a real diamond for us this season with his crossing and neto getting pre-season under his belt will be like a new player.
It started before players started getting injured. Arsenal away we had 5 chances and deserved to be battered. But probably the palace game the rot really started. Against Brighton we had a strong team out. Jonny came in and Neves returned by the end of the season. Yet we still looked ****ing terrible. If it was just poor form I'd be putting it down to injuries, but it wasn't. It was our fundamental approach to games, passing it around at a snails pace and not creating anything. Norwich game summed us up. Massively predictable.
But hey, I'm sure that won't happen again coming into the next season.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All far far far better players than adama who have either excelled in other clubs and won major honours and been focal points and leaders on the pitch over many seasons.

If your going to use other players as a benchmark to excuse adama, use ones who weren’t fantastic players before and after they went there….

Adama has only ever had 3/4’s or a good season in his entire career
Whaaaat? That’s laughable! :tearsofjoy:
I replied to the posters who are saying ‘Traore even failed at Barca even when they have better players’
And now there’s you saying I can’t name other failed Barca signings ‘coz they don’t count’.
Which dumbass school of debating did you go to :tearsofjoy:

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
It was our fundamental approach to games, passing it around at a snails pace and not creating anything. Norwich game summed us up. Massively predictable.

I genuinely don't know why we do this, whether its confidence, being coached, whatever, but so many games we looked so much better when playing at a higher tempo, even the 'bigger' teams struggled to cope with it. Would like to see us pinging it around the park much more quickly next season, would definitely unlock the poorer sides and maybe turn around some of those frustrating 1-0 against the bigger sides.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whaaaat? That’s laughable! :tearsofjoy:
I replied to the posters who are saying ‘Traore even failed at Barca even when they have better players’
And now there’s you saying I can’t name other failed Barca signings ‘coz they don’t count’.
Which dumbass school of debating did you go to :tearsofjoy:
The best school for dumbass’ in the world! It was a fine establishment

D

Deleted member (smith)

Anyone think maybe Barca sent him back to get Wolves to drop their price?

Quite a possibility…lots of Traore supporters around but wolves gave him and Barcelona every opportunity and now he will just run down his contract…I don’t think anyone else will bid so ultimately Barcelona get him on a free if they want him….ironically lending him back to Barcelona so they pay his salary may be our best option….we have certainly been shafted but the culprits are Traore , Barcelona and the Tory party ….at this stage I can’t see him signing a new contract

Considering the way Barcelona treated Messi and their current financial crisis I wouldn’t put much faith in anything they promise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He went to Barca…. And bombed…..

They play far more attacking and quality football.

He is with wolves and only clubs of our standard or lower will take him after yet another failure to perform in another club. He needs to realise wolves is the best he is going to do and just sign on the dotted line for a reasonable salary expectation not the insane one it is well reported he was after.
You do realise he was behind Dembele who Barca paid £135m for?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a possibility…lots of Traore supporters around but wolves gave him and Barcelona every opportunity and now he will just run down his contract…I don’t think anyone else will bid so ultimately Barcelona get him on a free if they want him….ironically lending him back to Barcelona so they pay his salary may be our best option….we have certainly been shafted but the culprits are Traore , Barcelona and the Tory party ….at this stage I can’t see him signing a new contract

Considering the way Barcelona treated Messi and their current financial crisis I wouldn’t put much faith in anything they promise.
The Tory party?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do realise he was behind Dembele who Barca paid £135m for?
Dembele was a pariah at the club booed by fans…..

Adama not being technically good enough gave him the chance to get back into the team

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I wondered, but always prepared to go along with it on principle. Sure it is true, or if not ought to be.
Is it anything to do with Dougkas Ross MP, who Barcelona paid £2,000 to run the line?

Honestly...

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
h

Certainly not….Tory’s= Brexit= fundamental changes in European transfers= restricted recruitment form Europe= European players being more comfortable in EU= diminished effectiveness of Mendes relationship = reduced commitment of foreign owners.
Ah, ok and l follow your logic. One of the reasons, l suspect, why Mendes is increasingly looking at getting into the Central/South American markets.

Kennedy

Reaction score
We did miss Adama.

I think his level is as an impact sub.

Absolutely brilliant player to bring on after 65/70 minutes.

I would be delighted if he signed a new deal, but he won't. I also want to add that I don't think you can question his attitude, his composure, yes!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
h

Certainly not….Tory’s= Brexit= fundamental changes in European transfers= restricted recruitment form Europe= European players being more comfortable in EU= diminished effectiveness of Mendes relationship = reduced commitment of foreign owners.
Oh that's all right. I was worried for a minute that you might be accusing them of sleaze or something.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
h

Knew it would be something I could go along with in the end. Tenuous, but generally right in spirit.

Back
Top Bottom