Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. G

Ranking Wolves Managers of the 20th C

EDIT: YES, I MEANT 21sT C Now the transfer window has (almost) slammed shut/gently closed, I thought I'd start some new fun/controversy. Let's rank Wolves managers of the 20th Century, and see of we can get to 700+ pages of digression, argument and ITK nonsense while we're at it. I'll go...
  2. G

Fosun's Gamble

If Fosun don't have the cash or aren't willing to invest in the club, then trying to sell the club is the right thing to do. It seems very likely that this is what's happening, and it's going to mean short term pain. For the club to be an attractive prospect for a buyer, it should be: Not...
  3. G

Muy Bueno

Realised I didn't know much about him so doing some half time googling and I gotta say he's a triumph of our scouting. We got him from an amateur team in Galicia (where most talented youngsters get picked up by Celta Vigo or Deportivo La Coruña). Interesting Marca article here, which Google will...
  4. G

The Scapegoat XI

The transformation of the Nunes thread into the Hwang thread got me thinking about scapegoats through the years. Had a go at a Scapegoat XI below. I've gone with our current 4-2-3-1 formation, partly cos the players seemed to fit. I'm understanding scapegoat to refer to someone whose negative...
  5. G

Disillusioned

Not with the players. Not with Lage. And not with Fosun. But with football. It's clear we hit our ceiling those first two years in the Prem. Europa League QF, FA Cup semi-final. Massive nights at Molineux, and an exciting team with promise and talent. A lot think Fosun should have invested...
  6. G

Goalscoring

We all know this is a huge problem for us. It's also one of the hardest (and most expensive) problems to solve in the transfer market. But what tactic should we try? Do we go for a Jimenez replacement in the hope they'll score fifteen a season? That seems the obvious answer, but unless we spend...
  7. G

Leaders

Too often in football, 'leadership' = bullying. It's shouting at others, especially young players, and it reinforces a hierarchy and culture of fear which is unhelpful for honest discussion. But that's not the case at Wolves. Our team has leaders throughout, and they all encourage eagerly...
  8. G

When Saka, Rashford and Sancho come to Mol next season

Let's give them a huge cheer, at least before the game. All of them have contributed so much to English football (and the country more generally in Rashford's case) and I cannot imagine how they feel following the racist abuse they've had since last night. Let's show them that Wolverhampton...
  9. G

Edit: Joint Third Lowest Top Scorer in Premier League History

Edit: originally had second as I missed out Huddersfield. Unless Neves scores or Silva scores a brace against Utd (or Saiss gets a hat-trick), our top scorer this season will have 5 goals (Neto and Neves). I think that will be the joint third lowest top scorer for a club in Premier League...
  10. G

Why the Back Four tonight?

I can't see the logic at all, but there are four possible reasons. They're not mutually exclusive, but what do we think was the dominant factor?
  11. G

Where does Podence fit in?

I love Podence. He makes things happen, and can lift us when we're flat. But I'm not sure where he fits into our best team at the moment. Assuming everyone's fit (including Jimenez), and no-one's left, where do we play him next season?
  12. G

Wolves videos at Media Archive of Central England

Lots of gold (and black) here. Highlights include: Vox pops after Bill McGarry's sacking. John Ireland was not popular! Footage of a banquet for the title winning side of 1959, including an extract from Billy Wright's speech. Interesting how globally focussed it is. Britt Ekland and ELO on our...
  13. G

Team for Chorley?

I know it's early, but what do we do? Give some fringe players a chance to show what they can do with a view to them coming into the first team without the baggage of the rest? Or give first team players the chance to play themselves into form? I'd go back to three at the back for the rest of...
  14. G

Pressing

We've tried to change our style this season, but one thing we still don't do is press consistently and as a coherent unit high up the pitch. Can't help but feel it'd really help us, but would require a lot of time on the training ground and high fitness levels.
  15. G

Useless for us, great against us

Inspired by Emi Martinez' performance yesterday... GK: Emi Martinez RB: ??? (Marc Edworthy, perhaps, if he was ever good against us) LB: ???? CB: Adrian Williams CB: Ivar Ingimarsson RW: Greg Halford LW: Michael Gilkes CM: Jamie O'Hara CM: Tony Dinning (harsh? he was good for a bit) CF: Steve...
  16. G

Kits Inspired by Ours

A bit of international break filler. Exactly what it says in the title, basically: clubs who wear a kit inspired, at least partially, by the old gold and black. I only know of two, but there must be others - perhaps abroad? Newport County In 1896 John Lysaght steel works relocated from...
  17. G

3-5-2?

I wonder if Nuno might switch back to this against better teams? It might be seen as a defensive move, but I think it could help us exert more control. I thought Neves and Dendoncker both played quite well individually yesterday, but were too often isolated and Leicester ran through them with...
  18. G

The Farewell Vinagre Thread

I've enjoyed this lad: someone who enjoys his football, never hides and has given us plenty of happy memories. He's another one who took a punt on our project and has been important to our success. I don't think we should allow his recent mediocre form to be our lasting memory - he must have...
  19. G

If players get better when they're not playing...

...then how good is Max Kilman now?
  20. G

Abdoulaye Doucore linked

We're 'tracking' him, according to the Evening Standard. Doesn't seem a very us signing, but he'd be a good one.
Back
Top Bottom