Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pressing

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've tried to change our style this season, but one thing we still don't do is press consistently and as a coherent unit high up the pitch. Can't help but feel it'd really help us, but would require a lot of time on the training ground and high fitness levels.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've tried to change our style this season, but one thing we still don't do is press consistently and as a coherent unit high up the pitch. Can't help but feel it'd really help us, but would require a lot of time on the training ground and high fitness levels.
Agreed
We always have one player pressing at a time asking his teammates to push up to close down options but he’ll look over his shoulder and see he’s pressing alone. Happens so much.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed
We always have one player pressing at a time asking his teammates to push up to close down options but he’ll look over his shoulder and see he’s pressing alone. Happens so much.
Yeah. Sometimes you see Podence motioning to others to join in, then getting grumpy when no-one does, but it obviously comes from the top down. It's odd, because I think Neto, Podence and Silva could all be good at doing it (Traore I'm less sure about). And Jimenez too, obviously.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. Sometimes you see Podence motioning to others to join in, then getting grumpy when no-one does, but it obviously comes from the top down. It's odd, because I think Neto, Podence and Silva could all be good at doing it (Traore I'm less sure about). And Jimenez too, obviously.
Yep, podence is the one I recall doing it the most

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, podence is the one I recall doing it the most
Jota used to do similarly: he'd chase like mad for 10 seconds, turn around and see no-one else doing likewise, and look thoroughly hacked off.

Back
Top Bottom