Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

When Saka, Rashford and Sancho come to Mol next season

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's give them a huge cheer, at least before the game. All of them have contributed so much to English football (and the country more generally in Rashford's case) and I cannot imagine how they feel following the racist abuse they've had since last night. Let's show them that Wolverhampton appreciates what they've done.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. I suspect they and all the other players will get an initial welcome and applause until normal service is resumed and they're roundly booed at some point in their respective games along with other opposing players when it suits. Not forgetting the refs of course. Trouble is, there are a minority who can't do boo and hiss banter without reverting to personal and racial abuse. Grealish is a caricature of a hate figure on here but had he done the business for England I'm sure we'd have been cheering along with everyone else. Well, maybe. :laughing:

Last edited:

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Polite applause before kick off for any of the England lads is fine by me, perhaps when the teams are announced as they warm up so they can take it in.

Fantastic summer of football and they almost made it.

It hurts now but those lads have now already experienced a major international final and the heartbreak at losing over penalties. They will get over it and realise that professionally on the pitch it won't be any harder. Great motivation for next time.

Cant wait for Saka, Rashford and Sancho to get their Pearce moments.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of the racist abuse comes from trolls abroad, which the players know, so they will also know the vast majority of the country appreciate their overall efforts in this tournament.

Obviously any sort of racism is wrong and should he condemned but I have no sympathy for any of them from a football perspective. Penalties are not luck, it's skill and mentality. They deserve credit for stepping up but they also deserve criticism for missing.

Now, all the focus is about Wolves. If I though singing 'you let your country down' to Saka would impact his game and help us beat Arsenal, I'd sing it. (I don't, so I won't, but you get the point).

Rashford a slightly different case because of how he has helped the country away from football.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t boo them or give them any special negative attention/chants, but I don’t agree with singling them out and cheering them either. They’re England players who are part of a squad that did better than any since 1966, no more, no less. We either cheer every member of the squad or none.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of the racist abuse comes from trolls abroad, which the players know, so they will also know the vast majority of the country appreciate their overall efforts in this tournament.

Obviously any sort of racism is wrong and should he condemned but I have no sympathy for any of them from a football perspective. Penalties are not luck, it's skill and mentality. They deserve credit for stepping up but they also deserve criticism for missing.

Now, all the focus is about Wolves. If I though singing 'you let your country down' to Saka would impact his game and help us beat Arsenal, I'd sing it. (I don't, so I won't, but you get the point).

Rashford a slightly different case because of how he has helped the country away from football.
The idiots that attacked Rashford’s mural haven’t come from abroad.

The idiot that abused Ferdinand at our home game last season too.

While politicians and celebrities continue to make excuses for these people and court their votes or support with their divisive policies and references then nothing will change sadly.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

While politicians and celebrities continue to make excuses for these people and court their votes or support with their divisive policies and references then nothing will change sadly.
I hadn't heard about the Rashford mural. When I looked it up, I had the same reaction as yourself. He is a decent lad and, fortunately, Manchester is rallying round to support him.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly.

A lot of the things I've seen were all UK bases.

R

reanswolf

These sort of things are always devicive, but I do think it would be nice to give Rashford, Saka etc a good round of applause. Saka especially, my heart bled for him last night, also Marcus has done so much for the Country. Really not sure what the best way is to show them though. But really nice idea, despite there always being some who are against these things. Whatever we do, as long as it doesn't last 12 months like Taking the Knee, I am all for it. Then it just becomes ineffective, gesture politics.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
I don't think they desperately want opposition supporters cheering them, I think the key for them is not to have anybody showering them with abuse due to the colour of their skin.
Let's finally sort that before we consider giving their balls a tickle.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think they desperately want opposition supporters cheering them, I think the key for them is not to have anybody showering them with abuse due to the colour of their skin.
Let's finally sort that before we consider giving their balls a tickle.
I assume you mean their footballs.

Or at least I hope you do!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I know, I said the majority from abroad though, which it was again, according to Southgate.

I hope social media introduce an ID system that would eradicate a lot of the online abuse (IMO), then deal with the individuals properly who abuse people in this country.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about cheering. Would be nice if their first touch of the ball wasn't greeted with boos and whistles and catcalls, but you know it will be.

Hopefully everyone will be too occupied with our fresh, new, scintillating brand of attacking football to spend their time spitting invective.

In general, Saka is going to need to show immense character in the first few weeks of the new season whenever away from home. I kind of hope he rips the league up, except when playing us, but each to their own.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Do we cheer all the England team or just the ones that missed a penalty? Is it ok to cheer Slab Head as he scored his penalty?
will we still be allowed to cheer wolves players as well?

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
These sort of things are always devicive, but I do think it would be nice to give Rashford, Saka etc a good round of applause. Saka especially, my heart bled for him last night, also Marcus has done so much for the Country. Really not sure what the best way is to show them though. But really nice idea, despite there always being some who are against these things. Whatever we do, as long as it doesn't last 12 months like Taking the Knee, I am all for it. Then it just becomes ineffective, gesture politics.
Reanswolf.

I normally respect your posts but you ain't half getting repetitive with your anti knee bending posts. You keep saying its's divisive. Great that that's part of it. These aggressive, divisive, racist ****s have been divisive against our players and people for too long.

PS Are you the author of the great Wolverhampton Ironopolis book sat on my coffee table? Love the book but the title is relevant. It says 'Standing up for Wolverhampton'. Standing up for and taking a knee are the same things in my book.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about cheering. Would be nice if their first touch of the ball wasn't greeted with boos and whistles and catcalls, but you know it will be.

Hopefully everyone will be too occupied with our fresh, new, scintillating brand of attacking football to spend their time spitting invective.

In general, Saka is going to need to show immense character in the first few weeks of the new season whenever away from home. I kind of hope he rips the league up, except when playing us, but each to their own.
He'll no doubt come to Molineux and tear us a new one again like he did last season.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had some stick on here for being the most opposite you can be to an England fan, however these lads seem very nice and certainly don't deserve any kind of abuse. I will certainly be giving them a cheer when we're back at the Mol.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well said!

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do we cheer all the England team or just the ones that missed a penalty? Is it ok to cheer Slab Head as he scored his penalty?
will we still be allowed to cheer wolves players as well?

We show some respect to the players that have been on the end of abuse for playing for both ours and their country.

Not sure what’s so difficult to understand?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it right that the messages on Rashford's mural called him 'sh**e' and 'b*****d' and said 'f*** Sancho'. Why is this now a racist hate crime ffs?

Back
Top Bottom