Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Edit: Joint Third Lowest Top Scorer in Premier League History

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Edit: originally had second as I missed out Huddersfield.

Unless Neves scores or Silva scores a brace against Utd (or Saiss gets a hat-trick), our top scorer this season will have 5 goals (Neto and Neves). I think that will be the joint third lowest top scorer for a club in Premier League history: 1 behind Kenny Miller for Derby in 07/08 and Karlan Grant for Huddersfield ten years later; and level with Ipswich's Claus Thomsen in 93/94.

Jimenez remains 1 goal behind our leading scorers this season despite having not played for 6 months.

(I know football started before 1992, but I have to cut it off somewhere.)

Last edited:

GreyWolf

Reaction score
Its been obvious for ages we need better strikers as we currently have none

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva should be our top scorer by a long way for all his misses , but can sort of accept that.

Can’t accept our complete lack of goals in total though. We don’t even look like scoring . Our game plan isn’t set up to score goals .

kick it out , beat full back, cross to 1 man vs 5, put a **** corner in, repeat

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but you forget that everyone has Covid and Nuno is miles away from his family and besides, he has credit in the bank.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Said before the season started if Jimenez were to get injured we'd be screwed based on the assists and goals per 90 career stats for every other player in the squad.

With Jimenez out, we've averaged a little less than a goal per game which is roughly what I'd have expected if I'd had to guess.

Better recruitment needed this summer and fingers crossed on Jimenez basically.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The primary point of football is to score goals. Could someone have a word to our exgoalkeeper/manager

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been awful all season doesn’t surprise me to be honest. We need experienced heads

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. We scored 38 goals when we finished bottom in 2003/04 so to score 3 less and still be comfortable is at least something.
So wait... does that mean we've decided that Coady is good now then?

GreyWolf

Reaction score
We set up as a counter attacking team so there is some truth regarding the tactics being responsible for our lack of goals but even if chances are created without Jimenez we have no one to take them. Against spurs we could have easily got a result if we had a striker upfront

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't hit the blind faith brigade with damning statistics, they'll just abuse you.

Stats mean nothing! The only stat that matters is that we beat Chelsea who are third. So we are definitely runners up, that's how it works, isn't it?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a Portuguese Edwards we can sign? Step forward Andre Gomes / Renato Sanches

T

TheConcourse

Ah, Dave Edwards! Classic.

Remember him running away with 10 fingers in the air after he bagged away at… Fulham I think?!.. Don’t ever remember a player celebrating 10 goals in a season in my life. Brilliant!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
35 goals in 37 matches says it all imo. Top scorer with 5 goals just adds to it.

Its embarrassing that only the 3 relegated clubs and Burnley have scored less than we have.

If we concede the first goal there seems to be no chance of equalising. As for scoring 2 goals to win after conceding first just forget it!

I have watched every match on TV this season and sat through some dreadful performances but what totally ****es me off is our lack of goals and goal scoring threat.

We can’t create anything from open play, our set pieces are a complete joke, our midfield gets nowhere near forward enough and we signed a striker on loan in January who just seems to stroll around and get nowhere near the penalty area let alone the six yard box! Nothing seems to change and every single match has been the same.

Please, please Nuno, Jeff and Fosun get me out of the foul mood I am in and give me some hope that next season our goal threat will be so much better because this season has been a bit embarrassing don’t you think.

I suppose I am overlooking the injuries to Raul, Neto and Podence but we were pretty inept before Neto and Podence were out anyway. Raul will be back but we don’t know if he will be the same player, Neto will miss a fair few matches at the start of next season and Podence needs to improve on his recent performsnces.

There is so much uncertainty going into next season already Imo. The club need to making plans now so that the problems we have had this season will be a thing of the past.

Rant over. I’m going to bed.

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a good point. Despite the OP, I'm still firmly in the Nuno in camp.
In the main so am I although he is losing me when he comes out with being happy about tonight’s performance.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Chelsea’s Jorginho scored a penalty the other day to become their top scorer in the PL this season with 7 goals, all 7 are from the spot...

Back
Top Bottom