Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hatred towards fellow fans

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BTW, before I forget, So called influencers remind me of the Jedi mind trick.

They only work on the weak minded. The rest are unaffected.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best way to improve the mental health of this nation would be to take anybody that posts abusive and inflammatory statements on Twitter and give them cognitive behavioural therapy on the NHS
With all the snow flakes wanting to be called he, she, goat or other we would have no one left.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a couple of people that take issue with Manny on twitter, accusing him of self promotion. It’s always struck me as a bit of jealousy over him getting some attention for his charitable work tbh. If you’re trying to raise money for things it’s hardly a bad idea to try and promote them as widely as you can is it? What an odd thing to get ****y about?

The bloke was out running the marathon the other day ffs. I’ve done it myself and its bloody hard, not least the raising money bit.

*Should also add that him receiving racial abuse is absolutely disgusting. You really have to wonder about the mentality of some people

Last edited:

bully9

Reaction score
I have never thought the North bank / South bank was anything but banter.I've stood next to a North banker whilst I have bin shouting for the South bank on many away days.And we've just loffed at each other. In the 70s North bank there used to be some aggro between local areas around Wolverhampton.So yes there were spadoric fighting sometimes.When we moved over to the southbank,obviously some stayed in the North bank.Dow forget the North bank was the place to be in them days.So ya got the North Bank /South Bank banter.

As recently as last month Millwall fans were fighting each other at Cardiff.And Villa fans were fighting each other last year in the Steve Bull lower.And at Wembley on their play off final.Look at the you-tube vids of away days now,and the fighting seems to be getting worse.Yow'v ony gorra look at dingles ay we.Bloody hell there's some loons on there.I swear they are Albion/villa/blouse fans on there as a true wolves fan wouldn't be that aggressive.Shirley. :tonguewink:
Your 1st lines some a lot of things in life up. , I love the north bank ,south bank , new stand banter , as that’s all it is . People need to lighten up a lot and stop reading into something that isn’t and never has been there, ive been pulled up on here a few times about things not being politically correct , it’s called having a laugh it’s not personal. There are to many people looking to be offended , life’s to short utw sov

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s quite simple really. Many on Twitter rightly or wrongly see themselves as ‘class A’ fans as they have gone since they were a kid, through the good times and the bad, from generation to generation. Just like the majority of us on here have to be fair.

They then see someone come along the minute we get half decent who then, rightly or wrongly, gets widely disproportionate exposure as a face of the fans.

This then, rightly or wrongly, really rubs some people up the wrong way.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Pretty much bang on, rightly or wrongly :D:D:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never use Twitter but I do watch a lot of ar bloggers/vloggers whatever they call em selves.Dunno if they get any abuse though.Probably do as some just car handle somebody else's hobbie.Especially wen it involves ar club.You can here them saying...who the **** ar they...

I quite like ar lot.

Dazzling Dave and his dad.Magic moss. :tonguewink:

Finerrz, like his introduction music.

Dave Azzopardi.....Great with the transfer news....well done dave.

Don't forget we had Miss pegg from Bolton on here at one point,until she was houded out.

And Robbie from Arsenal tv is getting abused now.

They do a lot of work researching news on wolves and doing videos of ar matches.Whilst most of us are in the pub before games getting tanked up. :oops:Well not so much me just lately.This covid probably did me a favour as I don't drink a lot in the house,and being no pubs were open,it's helped me a lot as I was drinking way too much.I ay gonna be a blogger though.lol.
People hate success in others they should be theirs; rather than improving themselves they spout hate. See it fir what it really is.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would anyone have hatred towards a fellow Wolves fan? Noticed on twitter the likes of Manny who has raised over £100k for charity getting constant abuse, not only online but in person at away games recently too.

Mr Miami is another who has come in for lots of hatred. Whether someone has supported Wolves since 1940's or yesterday does it really matter.

We should be proud of Wolverhampton's mixed community and support we have, especially from individuals from ethnic groups and supporters groups like Punjabi Wolves.
Absolutely shocked to hear this.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
South Bank and J10. Seen fights at Stoke and other places with Wolves v Wolves.

fights can happen anytime,anywhere,for a lot of different reasons.But it ay nothing to do with the North bank /South bank.Most that fight and cause trouble are youths who have had too much pop.And they wouldn't know anything of the real North bank.( Cow shed ).

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I genuinely thought Mr Miami was being paid by the club when I saw his Tiktoks- thought we were aiming to open up the American market. I think his stuff is very engaging and it makes me smile. I know that's right!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely thought Mr Miami was being paid by the club when I saw his Tiktoks- thought we were aiming to open up the American market. I think his stuff is very engaging and it makes me smile. I know that's right!
... and that is likely why he gets tickets. Costs the club very little and they garner much beneficial exposure.

Reaction score
... and that is likely why he gets tickets. Costs the club very little and they garner much beneficial exposure.
shill
1. an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.
"I used to be a shill in a Reno gambling club".

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Some of the stuff said about Manny is ****ing shameful tbf. Unfortunately we are at a point in this country where it's very much about polarising opinions and views. There seems to be no allowance for middle ground etc. It's probably overflow from the politics of the country which is now seeping into all aspects of society. With the current climate and issues we are all facing, this will only worsen I think.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the stuff said about Manny is ****ing shameful tbf. Unfortunately we are at a point in this country where it's very much about polarising opinions and views. There seems to be no allowance for middle ground etc. It's probably overflow from the politics of the country which is now seeping into all aspects of society. With the current climate and issues we are all facing, this will only worsen I think.

****ing glad I was born in 1952.We day have a lot but we were able to be children.Without this social media *******s.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kinda agree, still think its the split of a fanbase based actually from Wolverhampton and or cities and the large support drawn from the likes of Shropshire, Herefordshire and co.

Still baffled me this day hearing 'Town full of pakis' being sung at Bradford and Luton.
It doesn’t matter where in this country you are, you will always be able to find a racist unfortunately, some more overt than others.
this week I was away with work and as I was entering the hotel to check in, I passed a guy outside on his mobile whilst having a fag.
He nonchalantly without a care in the world as to who would hear stated to whomever he was talking to ‘yeah it’s ok, but spot the white if you know what I mean’

I would put him in his early 40’s, well dressed - and no different to anyone you would meet at football, pub, work….. anywhere.

are they abused solely because of race, maybe not, but anyone that thinks there isn’t a racial element to it is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter where in this country you are, you will always be able to find a racist unfortunately, some more overt than others.
this week I was away with work and as I was entering the hotel to check in, I passed a guy outside on his mobile whilst having a fag.
He nonchalantly without a care in the world as to who would hear stated to whomever he was talking to ‘yeah it’s ok, but spot the white if you know what I mean’

I would put him in his early 40’s, well dressed - and no different to anyone you would meet at football, pub, work….. anywhere.

are they abused solely because of race, maybe not, but anyone that thinks there isn’t a racial element to it is living in cloud cuckoo land.
Is that racist?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He could have been talking to a referee of a snooker match that needed some advice?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing glad I was born in 1952.We day have a lot but we were able to be children.Without this social media *******s.
It was our generation that raised the next and it was our generation that created computers and all the spinoffs, eg, smartphones and apps.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It was our generation that raised the next and it was our generation that created computers and all the spinoffs, eg, smartphones and apps.
Yes, give your children the power to access anyone and any information they want at any time, then watch them use it for making clips of their cats and dances.

Instead of arguing about football! :eek:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I use Twitter and I've seen remarks made about both of the people mentioned.

Seems that the antagonism towards Manny comes mainly from "prominent" Wolves Twitter users who've had their noses put out of joint because Manny, thorough his tireless charity work and general likeability, tends to get way more attention than they do, or used to do. Not surprisingly given the fantastic work he does, and friendliness he show to everyone whether he knows you or not.

Regarding the other bloke I think it's simply marketing driven directly by the club in all honesty to court American/foreign interest (Seems to be cribbed off the Ted Lasso success) . Just a bit hackneyed and cringe in my opinion. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was paid a salary plus expenses by the club for his work.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I use Twitter and I've seen remarks made about both of the people mentioned.

Seems that the antagonism towards Manny comes mainly from "prominent" Wolves Twitter users who've had their noses put out of joint because Manny, thorough his tireless charity work and general likeability, tends to get way more attention than they do, or used to do. Not surprisingly given the fantastic work he does, and friendliness he show to everyone whether he knows you or not.

Regarding the other bloke I think it's simply marketing driven directly by the club in all honesty to court American/foreign interest (Seems to be cribbed off the Ted Lasso success) . Just a bit hackneyed and cringe in my opinion. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was paid a salary plus expenses by the club for his work.
Can agree with that. Manny seems a genuinely nice bloke who is constantly raising awareness and money for charity. Mr Miami on the other hand seems to be in it for himself and to garner social media likes.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no problem with Mr Miami, but he's only popular because he's american with an american outlook on the club. Why did he choose wolves anyway?
Because he lives in Wolverhampton. He's been on social media for a while making videos in town; long before the club got involved.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not actually seen any of the abuse aimed at Manny, but from what I've seen on him via social media, he seems like a top bloke. He's always involved in some sort of charity work. I'm from the same religious background as him, so can empathise with him on a personal level in terms of any racial abuse suffered. I've written many times on this forum that I'm really surprised about any racism in Wolverhampton due to my own positive experiences here and also our hugely diverse population, but this is sad as I'm getting less surprised each time.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I spoke to manny in queue to get into Espanyoll. Seemed decent guy.
I do follow him on Twitter. I also follow Claire (shewolf1877). She is trying to get some action from club and police over online abuse that she is receiving. She is really ****ed off that club and police won’t take it seriously. She is saying that her illness is a disability and a protected characteristic (like race) and so insulting her because of it is a hate crime. Club and police only seem interested in race.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spoke to manny in queue to get into Espanyoll. Seemed decent guy.
I do follow him on Twitter. I also follow Claire (shewolf1877). She is trying to get some action from club and police over online abuse that she is receiving. She is really ****ed off that club and police won’t take it seriously. She is saying that her illness is a disability and a protected characteristic (like race) and so insulting her because of it is a hate crime. Club and police only seem interested in race.
Is Claire the poor lady who had cancer? If so, how is she doing?

Back
Top Bottom