Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hatred towards fellow fans

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truth is Manny, 'Mr Miami' etc. would get a lot of love if they were white. Just the way it is.

Never get the whole moaning about tickets argument either. It's as if people don't realise every club gets 50 seats in the away section to give to staff, friends, family etc. should they wish to use them. E.g. Villa would have had up to 50 tickets to use in the Wolves end. Then there's hundreds for families, friends, etc. Who cares. It's always been the way, that's life. Mr Miami isn't taking a ticket off a 'loyal supporter' - it will be from the club allocation that wouldn't be on general sale anyway.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Truth is Manny, 'Mr Miami' etc. would get a lot of love if they were white. Just the way it is.

Never get the whole moaning about tickets argument either. It's as if people don't realise every club gets 50 seats in the away section to give to staff, friends, family etc. should they wish to use them. E.g. Villa would have had up to 50 tickets to use in the Wolves end. Then there's hundreds for families, friends, etc. Who cares. It's always been the way, that's life. Mr Miami isn't taking a ticket off a 'loyal supporter' - it will be from the club allocation that wouldn't be on general sale anyway.
I think Manny does get a lot of love, there are always a few people who can somehow justify finding ways to dislike a loyal Wolves fan who does an amazing amount for charity with his family. Some of those are just sad jealous types with empty lives, some are no doubt just racists (even if they don't realise it).

Mr Miami is a bit different in my (not very well informed) opinion. Seems to have been brought in by the club to access new fans, if he does a good job then it's fair enough. If not, I'm sure they'll move on. I know a lot of people would love to have been there on Saturday, but blaming him is ridiculous, have a go at the club if anyone. Having said that, if some of the things reported are true then I think there are issues to look at, as so often there is more smoke than fire though.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Good lord. I picked a good time to be born!

I never knew that before we went all the way down the leagues, we boinged back up after a relegation to the second tier. What happened there?
Wow mate, you've got a bit to catch up on. I'd start with never using the term b***g again relating to Wolves!

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I never knew that before we went all the way down the leagues, we boinged back up after a relegation to the second tier. What happened there?
That's one for the slightly older fellas on here as just before my time

Lycaon

Reaction score
Wow mate, you've got a bit to catch up on. I'd start with never using the term b***g again relating to Wolves!
Remember very well sitting down halfway up the South Bank to watch the game in the mid-80’s, seemed a bit pointless standing up as there was nobody in front of us!

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ex-players get tickets too, remember all the fuss surrounding Kightly attending Spurs away two seasons ago? The brother of one of my mates played for Wolves in the 80s and I know he can get two tickets (I think for free) for any game including aways.

All these references to JIWAL are a blast from the past. Is he still around? And the three other horsemen of the apocalypse? Toro? Ped? Were they two of them?

I think the 4 Horsemen were:
JIWAL
Grim Reaper
Toro
New York Wolf (Ian Peddie)

This was back in the late '90s right ? IIRC New York wolf went a bit crazy and got someone fired from his job IIRC.

Simon Lansley and Jacqui Oatley were posting back on that "majordomo" email site back in those days too ... seems like a lifetime ago (I guess a few Mixers weren't even born in 1997?). A few of the current crop too ....

We didn't need to worry about Social Media Influencers in those days haha - we barely had an Internet.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JIWAL
Grim Reaper
Toro

This was back in the late '90s right ? IIRC New York wolf went a bit crazy and got someone fired from his job IIRC.

Simon Lansley and Jacqui Oatley were posting back on that "majordomo" email site back in those days too ... seems like a lifetime ago (I guess a few Mixers weren't even born in 1997?). A few of the current crop too ....

We didn't need to worry about Social Media Influencers in those days haha - we barely had an Internet.
Good bloke JIWAL. In 2009 he was moaning that we’d never get promoted under Mick so I bet him £50 for charity we would. He paid up.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bwhahahahahahahah that's a very good point.

I thought I knew my Wolves history (I was born in 88) but I evidently don't.
Cmon no excuse I was born in 82 but know that much. Only finding out later, but I was vaguely aware of my older half brother being in a right state about Wolves possibly ceasing to exist.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yes, seems like bull**** to me. I went to half the away games in L1 and championship, now I can't get to any. Closed shop and people like Mr Miami aren't helping.
I can't really believe people from Wolverhampton can't find a way to get tickets through your network. I've been offered multiple tickets for every game this year.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saved by Asda, Council, Richards..... before Jack Hayward came with all his tax free £££.
The 2 stands closed was depressing, how many seasons were they closed for??

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
JIWAL
Grim Reaper
Toro

Yes! That’s the four horsemen :D Well remembered!

I was on the Wolves List, the majordomo site which I believe was hosted at Wolves Uni, from 1996 to the early 2000s when I moved to the E&S forum. I had to switch off my email alert as so many emails used to come through each day and I remember my manager asking why I received so many more emails than him as I’d claimed they were all work-related. Proper old skool, one email could contain a thread of, I don’t know, a hundred(?) replies that you had to scroll through. We’ve had a few threads on here over the years about “The List” and there were (still are?) a few of us knocking about.

If you weren’t as negative as JIWAL and his acolytes you were branded a happy clapper which I was many times and I think I may well have left the site after throwing a hissy fit at the negativity :D

R

reanswolf

I can't really believe people from Wolverhampton can't find a way to get tickets through your network. I've been offered multiple tickets for every game this year.
Away tickets, depennding on the game, are like gold dust. Ok if it's a Tuesday night 20 miles away that is different, but generally they are very hard to get.

Until All-Seaters and AST's came I used to do 50% of away games (money dependent).

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not just Wolves though.we had 4,000 whilst being relegated to div.4
vile had15,000 in div.1
some team in sandwell had 12,000 in div.1
small heath had 10,900 in div.1
manc.,arsenal., spurs less than 25,000
That team in Sandwell regularly had attendances below 10,000 in Division 1 and on 22nd April 1986 sank to a low of 6,201 for a top flight home game against Sheffield Wednesday.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Away tickets, depennding on the game, are like gold dust. Ok if it's a Tuesday night 20 miles away that is different, but generally they are very hard to get.

Until All-Seaters and AST's came I used to do 50% of away games (money dependent).
I've been offered tickets to all of them through one WhatsApp group with about 20 members, none linked to club or anything. Don't really buy that tbh, especially when a decent amount of AST buy them for points and then sell them on

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cmon no excuse I was born in 82 but know that much. Only finding out later, but I was vaguely aware of my older half brother being in a right state about Wolves possibly ceasing to exist.
I mean .... The only thing I didn't really know was that we bounced back up before our fall through the leagues - I had always thought it was an immediate 1-2-3-4 drop, not a 1-2-1-2-3-4.

Can only imagine how bleak it would have been at that time. I believe it coincided with my Dad stopping going (and about 90 percent of other fans from the looks of it)

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean .... The only thing I didn't really know was that we bounced back up before our fall through the leagues - I had always thought it was an immediate 1-2-3-4 drop, not a 1-2-1-2-3-4.

Can only imagine how bleak it would have been at that time. I believe it coincided with my Dad stopping going (and about 90 percent of other fans from the looks of it)
actually got promotion under the bhattis!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
South Bank and J10. Seen fights at Stoke and other places with Wolves v Wolves.

I never knew that before we went all the way down the leagues, we boinged back up after a relegation to the second tier. What happened there?. we went down in the 70s and you will see attanedances didnt really change much. we had some big gates and some small ones. in those days people did have STs but most just turned up for the match and paid on the gate. for big games the ground was pretty full at least 30 mins pre kick off.
we went down in the 70s and you will see attendances didnt really change that much. we had some big gates and some small ones. in those days only a few had STs but most just turned up for the match and paid on the gate. for big games the ground was pretty full at least 30 mins before kick off.
in the 80s we went down shortly after we won the League cup and finished 6th. we went bust in 1982 (from memory during the world cup in spain) because of what we now call the steve bull stand being built and interest rates soaring. we bounced back up in second but attendances started dropping and we got bought by the infamous Bhatti brothers. it was around then that the land was sold to Asda (before that wolves owned the whole site).
then we plummeted down the divisions. only two stands were open and the Steve Bull was miles from the pitch. at one time you could put the pitch either way inside the ground, the area was so big. people thought wolves was going to cease completely and it seemed for a year or so as if that was the inevitable end. then finally the council and jack harris et al stepped in and we began the slow road back which arguably culminated in Nuno's promotion season and our re-establishment as a proper top flight club.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That team in Sandwell regularly had attendances below 10,000 in Division 1 and on 22nd April 1986 sank to a low of 6,201 for a top flight home game against Sheffield Wednesday.
Good stat, what’s our lowest ever top flight attendance pleas anyone? I hope it’s higher

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

Ha ha yes, 1-2-1-2-3-4-4-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2........

R

reanswolf

Yes our lowest top flight gate is 6600 v Ipswich when we got relegated, but you have to look at the era, gates in the early 80s were dire- Albion's lowest is even lower than ours at 6200. Arsenal getting 13000, Chelsea and Spurs the same. Low gates were everywhere for a while.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Remember seeing Wolves v Stoke in what I think must have been 1984. Dire 0-0 between two awful teams and I think there were 8k in on a 3pm Saturday game.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
The 80s attendances do not make for pretty reading!

I was 16 in 1985 - used to love going with my mates in the South Bank - the best times in my view then bully came along and I was fortunate to watch all of it. In terms of attendance I always remember the Aldershot play off game - it was packed that day in the SB!

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 1985/86 season was when attendances generally dipped to their lowest ebb. Our average gate was 4,019, although that was hardly a surprise as that season was amongst our darkest days when we were relegated from Division 3.

Locally the Division 1 average attendances were Villa 15,237, Albion 12,163 and Blues 10,899.

Elsewhere in Division 1, Spurs were down to 20,859 and Leicester 11,792.

In Scotland things were no better. Rangers had only 12,872 for a home game against Motherwell while only 12,506 turned out for a home game to watch champions Celtic against Dundee.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manny is raising awareness and money for charity whilst Mr Miami is doing it for social media likes. Big difference between the two.
Manny does for a lot for charity and mr miami does a really good vlog that is used by the club. Both deserve away tickets.

Back
Top Bottom