Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hatred towards fellow fans

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stood behind a guy at Southampton who literally did nothing but abuse the Wolves players (Marcal in particular but several other too). I do wonder sometimes if some people use football (and life in general) as a way to vent their frustration at their own pathetic lives. Or maybe it's the reverse and they have pathetic lives because they are so full of anger. Best not to let them ruin your day either way.
I see and hear this sort of stuff all the time..........lost my rag on many occasions.... Why do they bother going if it makes you like that....... And then you question yourself when u lose ya rag.......... I swear some of em don't want us to win....... Beyond bizarre....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly(?) you can't ban free speech but I feel the same about the level of constant abuse aimed at every aspect of the club by a very vocal minority, not just on Twitter either. It does get some balance on here but I must admit sometimes to being frustrated, sad and even a bit depressed by the negativity on the Mix. Not all the time and not suggesting criticism and differing opinions are not ok - it is a large part of why the Mix exists - but it can feel relentless at times. And that is despite a lot of healthy and more positive discussions. It is the latter that keep me returning, I just wish they predominated, particularly as we are at a 40 year peak on the pitch.

Nuff said, enjoy your weekends, wherever you are.
Have to agree. It seems to me that the Mix has become about 80% negative, or critical, or disloyal, or abusive , or insulting or child-like fickle to the Club and those within it.
Its a relentless tsunami of constant complaining and repetition…….
And little or no gratitude or appreciation for the best times we’ve had in decades.

I‘m hoping that we start winning more games and perhaps then we’ll see some less hostile posts.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Let's be honest, there's an element of racism in every football club,business, office, shop floor- basically any group of human beings will have some level of racism. Generally, be it a minority.
This seems a bit, 911's are happening all around us.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Have to agree. It seems to me that the Mix has become about 80% negative, or critical, or disloyal, or abusive , or insulting or child-like fickle to the Club and those within it.
Its a relentless tsunami of constant complaining and repetition…….
And little or no gratitude or appreciation for the best times we’ve had in decades.

I‘m hoping that we start winning more games and perhaps then we’ll see some less hostile posts.
I agree with you with regards to reaction about everything on the pitch, such as performances, league position etc. However, some of the complaining about what the club is doing off the pitch such as the online store, megastore, membership planning, and temp stand is justified. The service and planning have and continue to be shambolic, with no reasoning provided or responsibility accepted. That said, I don't like the demonisation of individuals within the club, although some have shown themselves to be very poor in their roles.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with you with regards to reaction about everything on the pitch, such as performances, league position etc. However, some of the complaining about what the club is doing off the pitch such as the online store, megastore, membership planning, and temp stand is justified. The service and planning have and continue to be shambolic, with no reasoning provided or responsibility accepted. That said, I don't like the demonisation of individuals within the club, although some have shown themselves to be very poor in their roles.
I wasn’t and can’t speak to the store, memberships or the stand issues. But those are a tiny fraction of the negativity on the Mix.
Most is directed at the mgt., coaches, the transfer team and the players.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a very strange fan base. That is a fact. We all have our mindless idiots.

Name another club where their own fans sing against each other north and the south bank traditionally lol it’s unheard of

Iv been told many a story in the 70s and 80s of our own fans fighting against each other

So you have to say this isn’t anything new

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never use Twitter but I do watch a lot of ar bloggers/vloggers whatever they call em selves.Dunno if they get any abuse though.Probably do as some just car handle somebody else's hobbie.Especially wen it involves ar club.You can here them saying...who the **** ar they...

I quite like ar lot.

Dazzling Dave and his dad.Magic moss. :tonguewink:

Finerrz, like his introduction music.

Dave Azzopardi.....Great with the transfer news....well done dave.

Don't forget we had Miss pegg from Bolton on here at one point,until she was houded out.

And Robbie from Arsenal tv is getting abused now.

They do a lot of work researching news on wolves and doing videos of ar matches.Whilst most of us are in the pub before games getting tanked up. :oops:Well not so much me just lately.This covid probably did me a favour as I don't drink a lot in the house,and being no pubs were open,it's helped me a lot as I was drinking way too much.I ay gonna be a blogger though.lol.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve plant and dazzling dave also get plenty of stick so i think its a bit of a jump to say that it is race based.
Not at all, especially given some of the abuse is race based.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a very strange fan base. That is a fact. We all have our mindless idiots.

Name another club where their own fans sing against each other north and the south bank traditionally lol it’s unheard of

Iv been told many a story in the 70s and 80s of our own fans fighting against each other

I kinda agree, still think its the split of a fanbase based actually from Wolverhampton and or cities and the large support drawn from the likes of Shropshire, Herefordshire and co.

Still baffled me this day hearing 'Town full of pakis' being sung at Bradford and Luton.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best way to improve the mental health of this nation would be to take anybody that posts abusive and inflammatory statements on Twitter and give them cognitive behavioural therapy on the NHS

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kinda agree, still think its the split of a fanbase based actually from Wolverhampton and or cities and the large support drawn from the likes of Shropshire, Herefordshire and co.

Still baffled me this day hearing 'Town full of pakis' being sung at Bradford and Luton.
I heard that in Watford a few years ago. Broad Black Country accents before you try to blame our more rural fans.....

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all, especially given some of the abuse is race based.
People who are looking to hurt often pick on the easy, physical appearance things. If they weren't black or Asian they'd be called fat, bald or something. Obviously some doing it are racist, others just generally unpleasant people.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have never thought the North bank / South bank was anything but banter.I've stood next to a North banker whilst I have bin shouting for the South bank on many away days.And we've just loffed at each other. In the 70s North bank there used to be some aggro between local areas around Wolverhampton.So yes there were spadoric fighting sometimes.When we moved over to the southbank,obviously some stayed in the North bank.Dow forget the North bank was the place to be in them days.So ya got the North Bank /South Bank banter.

As recently as last month Millwall fans were fighting each other at Cardiff.And Villa fans were fighting each other last year in the Steve Bull lower.And at Wembley on their play off final.Look at the you-tube vids of away days now,and the fighting seems to be getting worse.Yow'v ony gorra look at dingles ay we.Bloody hell there's some loons on there.I swear they are Albion/villa/blouse fans on there as a true wolves fan wouldn't be that aggressive.Shirley. :tonguewink:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither am i.But yow'v blamed me cuz I've gotta black country accent.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither am i.But yow'v blamed me cuz I've gotta black country accent.
Not so. I said that those who l saw singing that had broad Black Country accents. I would never, ever, accuse everyone from the Black Country of being like that, far from it. If that is how it inadvertently came over to you please accept my wholehearted apologies.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People from Telford and Shropshire are just weird though
Further into the sticks you go, the wierder people get ;) same as if you go towards Evesham way.

I'd be peeved off if i thought one of these twitter/tiktok people were getting away tickets & jumping the queue. But yeah racism and anger is down to people being annoyed at their lives.... doesn't help that there's people who whip up the anti immigrant/anti everything in the press.

Re: the banter between the stands is funny/mental, don't think other clubs have it. People in the SBU and South Bank offering each other out last week!
Seen fights between Wolves loads of times though, that goes on in every club with a non-Fulham type crowd.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get it all the time on this very forum by a select few. :tearsofjoy:

There are good and bad people in every group. Be it fans, co-workers, political groups, etc.

Now I haven't raised 100K for charity, but I've raised/donated a couple thousand to animal rescues, humane societies, and the like. As well as volunteered hundreds of hours there. Aren't animals the best?

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Further into the sticks you go, the wierder people get ;) same as if you go towards Evesham way.

I'd be peeved off if i thought one of these twitter/tiktok people were getting away tickets & jumping the queue. But yeah racism and anger is down to people being annoyed at their lives.... doesn't help that there's people who whip up the anti immigrant/anti everything in the press.

Re: the banter between the stands is funny/mental, don't think other clubs have it. People in the SBU and South Bank offering each other out last week!
Seen fights between Wolves loads of times though, that goes on in every club with a non-Fulham type crowd.

Where were these fans offering each other out.?

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get it all the time on this very forum by a select few. :tearsofjoy:

There are good and bad people in every group. Be it fans, co-workers, political groups, etc.

Now I haven't raised 100K for charity, but I've raised/donated a couple thousand to animal rescues, humane societies, and the like. As well as volunteered hundreds of hours there. Aren't animals the best?
Yes

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Manny got some abuse for the accident he was involved in a few years ago, where a man was killed. Someone shouted something about him killing someone and running off, followed by a racist remark.

This despite the original charge for careless driving being overturned on appeal. It was decided there was nothing he did wrong or could have done differently to avoid it.

I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be behind the wheel if someone was killed and there was nothing you could have done about it.

To give someone abuse about it however many years later is not on.

But to give them racist abuse too, they're just scumbags.

Just plain wierd that they would know so much detail and use it against him, and for what reason god only knows

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s quite simple really. Many on Twitter rightly or wrongly see themselves as ‘class A’ fans as they have gone since they were a kid, through the good times and the bad, from generation to generation. Just like the majority of us on here have to be fair.

They then see someone come along the minute we get half decent who then, rightly or wrongly, gets widely disproportionate exposure as a face of the fans.

This then, rightly or wrongly, really rubs some people up the wrong way.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom