Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. A

Should Bull Have Gone?

OK. So we are coming up to an amazing an unprecedented in my lifetime seven years in the top league in England and without doubt (bad results this season) in the world. Steve Bull was one of the top forwards of his era. Should he have left to join Villa or Juventus as was predicated at the...
  2. A

Best headlines about Wolves

I’m sure there are many gems over the years about Wolves winning and losing where words have been used in creative ways. Mine was a league match v Watford which was unusual because Mutch scored two and Bull only one. The CEEFAX headline was: ‘Two Mutch Bull for sad Watford’ So what’s your...
  3. A

Manager Meltdowns

A bit of diversion from transfers in the off season hiatus: the never-ending gift of manager (or player) meltdowns. One of the best I've seen is John Sitton at Leyton Orient. Our very own Chris Turner involved in this one too. Sitton offers out two players, fires another one and tells them...
  4. A

The Parallax View

This is not a Nuno in or out thread, but it is one that offers a view whereby histories and expectations are taken into account and allow us to place the last 3+ years within context. 1) It may well be that the team over-achieved in the first year of return to the PL. Many commentators have...
  5. A

Free Sports

Free Sports (Channel 64 on Freeview) has Portuguese football on at the moment. It’s Boavista v Porto featuring our very own(!)Alex Telles who is having a sterling game so far. Very attacking game, both teams committing forwards even at only 20 mins in. Give some of you the chance to savour...
  6. A

How Good Was Paul Cook?

I was thinking the other day about our great midfielders from the past and for me Cook has to be up there, even when we consider today’s Portuguese maestros Paul Birch’s goal against West Ham is a case in point. If Gazza had done this casual flick into his zone of influence (look at his...
  7. A

Carl Robinson on Wolves

Not seen this elsewhere on the site. If so, please remove. This is some insight from our old midfielder. He gets what Wolves are all about. I don't think that he has any special knowledge about Traore, especially given that Liverpool don't appear to have the funds, but if we could get 5 x...
  8. A

Cup or League

It seem as if even the lamestream media are taking our assault on a Champion's League place seriously and like Man Utd, we have two opportunities to enter the CL, through a league finish or via the Europa League. Given ours and Utd's involvement in the Europa League (where one of the places...
  9. A

Songs That Remind You of Wolves

As another season draws to an end, it's time to reminisce. In this thread we share the songs that remind us of Wolves, past present and future. For me (and I'm open to a whole spectrum of abuse here!) It's 'I've Been Thinking About You' by London Beat. Walking into the South Bank and...
  10. A

Losing the Battle / Winning the War

In some respects, the end of this season is reminiscent of the season under McGoo when we went to Barnsley and won 3-1 away and everyone thought that auto was sewn up. In the end, we finished third and the rest is history (including Palace buying Emblen and Smith). If we turn this around to...
  11. A

Bobby Robson: More Than A Manager

Have just seen this on Netflix, it's a sports documentary of the highest calibre and it's hard not to be moved by the life that he lived and the testaments from some of the best people in the game, long before Lineker says that Robson is the best English manager of all time, we've heard from OG...
  12. A

Lose in Semis or Final

Worst case scenario, England lose a match between now and the end if of the week. Assuming of course England don’t win it,which would you prefer, dumped in the semis, or make it to the final and be defeated? I hope l haven’t jinxed it. . .
Back
Top Bottom