Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Carl Robinson on Wolves

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen this elsewhere on the site. If so, please remove.

This is some insight from our old midfielder. He gets what Wolves are all about. I don't think that he has any special knowledge about Traore, especially given that Liverpool don't appear to have the funds, but if we could get 5 x £30M players for Raul and Traore, I would think that is worth considering, although such an overhaul would probably upset the balance of the squad.

Anyway, worth a read:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That may be the plan.

It’s that or new capital injection , otherwise we will decline without fresh blood.

Gold Blood

Groupie
Reaction score
I like the bit about Liverpool having to sell Suarez and coutinho. Really puts things into perspective and makes you understand where we really are as a team. Whatever happens I think it will be a very interesting summer.
If we do get offers of around £150m for both I think it would be a very difficult decision to turn down and as much as I wouldn't want to sell we have to be realistic.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carlo makes a lot of sense there. I think Traore would be easier for us to replace ( not in a like for like way ) than Jimenez, but a good offer for Raul at his age would be tempting.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will inevitably need to sell players at some point, every club does. Look at massive teams like Dortmund, Atletico etc... they always get players poached by the real big boys. They do that and reinvest superbly, and that is the model we will have to follow. If we sold Traore and used that money to buy another Neto, Neves and Boly it would make us a better side. Just need to make sure the recruitment is more reminiscent of the first two FOSUN years, rather than the last one.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sold Traore and used that money to buy another Neto, Neves and Boly it would make us a better side. Just need to make sure the recruitment is more reminiscent of the first two FOSUN years, rather than the last one.

Agreed, however would prefer it if we sold Traore and got the next Bruno Fernandes in.:) Somewhere, almost certainly in Europe, he's out there.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The key for any club is selling at the right time. Covid has thrown a massive spanner in the works, no one yet knows how that will affect the market, but that aside, we will never get a higher fee for Raul than this summer.

Adama... well, his value will increase, depending on his shoulder.

But if someone offered enough money for Raul that we could buy two younger forwards with massive potential, then yes, that's surely the way to go. I would prefer to keep Adama for another year before cashing in and reinvesting.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to be so very careful though, looking beyond their skill on the pitch both Raul and Adama seem like top blokes who have bought in to what we are about. There's a decent pool of top players out there but how many of them have the personality and attitude to fit into our way of doing things.

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A very honest and balanced view of us as we are at present. Always food for thought about and it is good to appreciate where we have come from to now and what the future may hold.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vague (!) memory of him scoring a goal against Charlton at Upton Park! Post edit - just checked it was Tom Bennett. Cheque please.

Back
Top Bottom