Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Songs That Remind You of Wolves

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As another season draws to an end, it's time to reminisce.

In this thread we share the songs that remind us of Wolves, past present and future.

For me (and I'm open to a whole spectrum of abuse here!) It's 'I've Been Thinking About You' by London Beat. Walking into the South Bank and hearing the opening lyrics, seeing the verdant grass, but the dilapidated stands, before seeing Bully and Thommo come out sums up my relationship with Wolves back then:

I must have been stone crazy
When we thought we were just friends
Cos I miss you baby
And I got those feelings again

If you want to see the video it's here (love that 80s / 90s crossover):

This is the essence of following Wolves for me, that you go back and you keep loving them no matter what. It's easier (in a way) now, but back then, it was really like a twisted romance, you want to leave them, but you love them too much.

What's the song that reminds you of Wolves?

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I always smile when I hear Simply the Best by Tina Turner. It always amused me when the ball boys ran out to it 10 minutes before kick off back in the 80s.

Up until 2 years ago, I would serenade myself all the way back to Sheffield with ‘One Day Like This’ by Elbow. Turns out we’re entitled to more than one each year though :)

S

Staten Island Wolf

Day Dream believer the Monkees
It was about 1970 and I was sitting on the terrace in the South bank at a reserves match. A hot sunny day with about
1500 in attendance. I love that song, and I always think of that special sunny day when i hear it.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rasputin by Boney M.

"Rar, rar, Rafferty, why didn't you score for me?... It was a shame that you hit the bar."

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liquidator. Got really ****ed off when Chelsea played it last night. I'd love it to be played back at Molineux but I suppose the swearing at the Albion does not quite fit with the new Fosun image!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC 4 have repeats of Top of the Pops and currently it is at November 1987. The Wolves connection is the records that I remember that seemed to be played at every home game in that season of 87/88 I attended were the Bee Gees " You win again " and T'Pau with " China in your hand ". Each time I hear those records it brings back great memories of an era that until Fosun arrived I thought I would never experience again.

Last edited:

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you have to be a Heartbreaker - Dionne Warwick.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simply the Best.

Those were the days.

Wonder of You.

They are the 3 I most associate with Wolves. Every single one of them never fails to give me goosebumps whenever I hear it. Rule the world by tears for fears was very close to joining this elite list until some moron decided to play it as we were walking out from Wembley a few weeks back. Completely ruined my memory of that song now.

Can’t believe some people have mentioned the likes of Win again, T’Pau, and Yazz. So, so true. All courtesy of Ruby Red records. That’s brought back so many memories of an absolutely fantastic era. There really is nothing like music for instantly transporting you to a place or time you seemingly had completely forgot about.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simply the Best.

Those were the days.

Wonder of You.

They are the 3 I most associate with Wolves. Every single one of them never fails to give me goosebumps whenever I hear it. Rule the world by tears for fears was very close to joining this elite list until some moron decided to play it as we were walking out from Wembley a few weeks back. Completely ruined my memory of that song now.

Can’t believe some people have mentioned the likes of Win again, T’Pau, and Yazz. So, so true. All courtesy of Ruby Red records. That’s brought back so many memories of an absolutely fantastic era. There really is nothing like music for instantly transporting you to a place or time you seemingly had completely forgot about.

Wonder of you

This one for me

And for some reason, You were always on my mind by the Pet Shop Boys

Always seemed to be playing when I got into the ground in the 90s when I used to go with my old man

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Got a Now Ibiza CD which has Cafe Del Mar on it which my kids love me playing in the car to remind them of the feeling when the teams come out.
Like others always think of the ball boys running on the pitch for a wave when hearing Simply the Best.
Pretty sure Take My Breath Away by Berlin from Top Gun was played every half time for a while in the 80s.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I remember from the early 90s at the Molineux

Big scary animal, Belinda Carlisle
you're history, Shakespeare's sister
Dirty son of a gun, JX

As for highlights

Life of Riley, Lightening Seeds
Little Britain, Dreadzone
Crockett's theme, Jan Hammer

Sky Sports

Alive and Kicking, Simple Minds

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Copeland’s ‘Fanfare for the Common Man’ and Elvis’ ‘The Wonder of Wolves’

Hearing either I’m instantly at Molineux... fantastic!

Strats

Reaction score
My late Mother always said that Cracklin' Rosie by Neil Diamond always reminded her of Molineux whenever she heard it.

For me, it would more likely be the aforementioned Zepplin tracks or Slades Cum on feel the noize.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone remember goals highlights from central check this out, you won't recognise it instantly so skip to half way if you gotta

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
The Cars with Drive, always reminds me of driving home with my Dad from games in winter when it was cold and dark in the 80’s. For some reason it got played on whatever radio station we listened to a good few times. Miss him.

Back
Top Bottom