Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. WolfLing

Team for Bournemouth

We will be without Semedo and Lemina due to suspension. I'd keep the shape the same and bring in Doc and Traore. Sa Kilman--Dawson--Toti Doc--Traore--Gomes--Ait Nouri Neto--Cunha--Hwang Dawson on 4 yellows now too, we are bottom of the fair play table again!
  2. WolfLing

England - who makes your 26 man World Cup squad?

Further to the thread on Kilman being one of the best left-sided centre backs in the league, what would your squad be? I'd go with.... GK: Ramsdale, Pope, D. Henderson CB: Kilman, Tomori, Guehi, Stones, White FB: Trent, Chilwell, James, Trippier CM: Bellingham, Rice, Phillips, Ward-Prowse...
  3. WolfLing

Selling to buy. The new normal?

"Why aren’t we doing as many ‘bits’ as other clubs?" "Why have Fosun turned the taps off?" "Why do we have to sell to buy?" "Our owners have no interest in our club anymore!" Some things posted on there all the time, amongst many other criticisms of our lack of spending and overall...
  4. WolfLing

Valuing a football club

The Chelsea takeover has been approved. £4.25bn! £2.5bn of that has purchased the shares of the club, with a further £1.75bn as future investment. Chelsea's latest books show they lost £145.6m, despite winning the Champions League. Their latest turnover is listed as £493m. Earlier this...
  5. WolfLing

Team vs Chelsea (A)

Tempted to rip it all up and go with a back 4! But Chelsea away probably isn't the place to start that. I'll start by saying that any player that is out of contract and is unsure whether they want to be here next season shouldn't be in the squad. Whether it's conscious or unconscious, there...
  6. WolfLing

2022/23 - Set up and squad

It's clear from all the comments written in interviews, hinted by people in the press and said by Bruno in press conferences, that plans are afoot to change how we play next season. Specifically, how we attack, as that is the bit that's bost. Bruno has said he wants a different kind of forward...
  7. WolfLing

Wing-backs

Jonny has been nothing short of fantastic since he's come back into the side. Looking forward to next season, who would be your starting wing-backs? On paper, Semedo and Jonny are our two best wing-backs, but Ait Nouri has shown that if he keeps playing regularly, he probably has the potential...
  8. WolfLing

4 years ago today.....

Ruben scored the best goal I've ever seen live. Still makes me smile. I love watching the reactions of the fans and the other players!
  9. WolfLing

New UEFA FFP

Just been approved by UEFA. The headlines..... Will be known as the Financial Sustainability and Club Licensing Regulations (FSCLR) 3 pillars to UEFA’s new rules: Solvency, stability and cost control 'Cost control’ refers to what the FSCLR calls the “squad cost rule”, which means a club’s...
  10. WolfLing

Roger Johnson suing knee surgeon for £1m

Here are the facts. Make your own mind up whether he has a case..... Surgeon Andy Williams, operated on a meniscus tear in Johnson's knee in January 2017, while he was playing for Charlton in League One. After that surgery, Johnson went on holiday to Thailand. His knee became infected and he...
  11. WolfLing

Marginal decisions

I’ve been getting frustrated for a while at the amount of marginal decisions referees and their assistants get wrong. Multiple throw-ins every game, multiple goal kick/corners. Tonight was the worst I’ve seen for both sides. Twice we should have had a corner from Hwang’s saved chance and...
  12. WolfLing

Spending £30m+ on a centre back is a huge gamble we probably shouldn't take!

We could have spent £30m+ on Sven Botman last summer. He may have been a very good signing. But Max Kilman might still be sitting on our bench as a result. How much is Max Kilman worth now? It's too much to spend on a position where there are too many variables. Potentially too much of a risk...
  13. WolfLing

Target Man

Interesting to hear that Bruno wants a target man this summer. Opens up a whole can of worms of questions! Does he want that type of player to play instead of Raul, or with Raul in a change of formation? Is it give us a 'plan B' in the same forward setup? Raul can play the target man role...
  14. WolfLing

Adama - impact analysis

Saw these 2 posts in the Adama thread and thought it was worth exploring in some more depth. We've played 24 games so far this season, Adama has appeared in 23 of them. He's been off the pitch for slightly less than he's been on it (1,138 minutes on, 1,022 off, not including any added time as...
  15. WolfLing

The plan won't change, so stop moaning and get used to it!

All the clues are there. The club aren't deliberately choosing to neglect the first team, they are just trying to make decisions that leave us with the best possible first XI, capable of achieving the best possible results and at the same time, developing a number of promising young players for...
  16. WolfLing

The slow death of the ‘Number 9’

If you look down the list of top scorers in the Premier League 10 years ago, you’d see the names van Persie, Rooney, Aguero, Dempsey, Adebayor, Yakubu, Ba, Holt(!), Dzeko and Balotelli in the top 10. Players like Cisse and our own Steven Fletcher just outside. Look back even further and the...
  17. WolfLing

Halloween Open Training

Took my lad to this today. Really good value for a fiver! The club really put on some decent entertainment for the kids. As far as the training went, no sign of Marcal. Is he bost again? Think it was Ethan McLeod deputising on the left for Ait-Nouri. Luke Cundle looks like he could end up...
  18. WolfLing

Team for Southampton

After some bright performances tonight, I’d go with….. Sa Boly—Coady—Kilman Semedo—Donk—Moutinho—Ait Nouri Adama————Podence Raul
  19. WolfLing

The insanity of doing the same thing, but expecting different results

Other than last season, Nuno's Wolves stood apart from the rest of the Premier League for daring to do things differently. Our two successive 7th place finishes were down to playing a different brand of football than the established elite. Compact, counter-attacking football, that was tough to...
  20. WolfLing

Wolves Player Depth Graphic

Useful visual aid of all our senior/loan/U23 players, with ages and contract expiry dates.
Back
Top Bottom