Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Chelsea (A)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tempted to rip it all up and go with a back 4! But Chelsea away probably isn't the place to start that.

I'll start by saying that any player that is out of contract and is unsure whether they want to be here next season shouldn't be in the squad.

Whether it's conscious or unconscious, there will be some form of self-preservation going on, as they will not want to limit any options they have by picking up an injury, so they will not be 100% committed to the cause as a result! So Saiss and Marcal are out.

Moutinho is slightly different if the reports that we want him and he wants to stay are true (sign a new contract then!).

Sa obviously picks himself for most games. Will Ruddy get a final home start against his old club Norwich maybe?

With Kilman still injured, I'd bring Toti back in for Saiss at CB.

Semedo is probably out, so Jonny and Ait Nouri at wing-back.

After Brighton, I'm not interested in seeing Donk or Hwang start for a while. So Neves and Moutinho, assuming Neves is fully fit.

Maybe give Raul and Fabio a run together and have Neto a free(ish) role in behind. Or if Podence is fit, he comes straight back in.

Sa

Boly---Coady---Toti

Jonny---Neves---Moutinho---Ait Nouri

Neto

Fabio---Raul​

Subs: Ruddy, Mosquera, Hoever, Bueno, Dendoncker, Cundle, Chiquino, Hwang, Trincao

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with all of that but doubt Neto is fit for more than 45...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like a back four but realistically Mosquera and Toti alongside Coady, to see if we can push up higher with two quick players in the back three and Coady could organise them.

Sa
Mosquera, Coady, Toti
Semedo, Moutinho, Neves, Jonny
Podence, Silva, Neto

Chiquinho in if Podence isn't fit.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Boly Coady. Toti. Marcal
Neves Moutinho

Chiquinho. Raul Neto

Reaction score
I'd like to see Toti play at the back as I like what I've seen of him but also (and I know I'll get shot down for this) but I'd stick Saiss in the middle with Neves and Moutinho. Donk does nothing for me and Saiss has played there previously.

Sa

Semedo Toti Coady Boly Jonny

Neves Moutinho Saiss

Neto Other (Take your pick)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Surely there’s no way Semedo is playing Saturday. Still trying to work out what I think about Jonny’s performance on Saturday but in Semedo’s absence he has to play.

Sa
Mosquera, Coady, Boly
Jonny, Neves, Moutinho, RAN
Podence/Raul, Fabio, Neto

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has been widely stated we dont want to sign Trincao. No point him being in the squad on Saturday then. Give his place to either Tyler Roberts, Harkin or Campbell on the bench please. Same with any others who dont want to be here. **** them off.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like a back four but realistically Mosquera and Toti alongside Coady, to see if we can push up higher with two quick players in the back three and Coady could organise them.

Sa
Mosquera, Coady, Toti
Podence, Silva, Neto

Snap!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stick Bueno and Cundle in. At least play Cundle and give him a free role. Lage should let him play as he does for the u23's and not with the shackles on. The 2 mentioned are outstanding talents. I do feel Lage isnt giving proper chances to some of our younger players. Instead wheeling out Saiss, Hwang, Dendoncker.

stevev53

Reaction score
Stick Bueno and Cundle in. At least play Cundle and give him a free role. Lage should let him play as he does for the u23's and not with the shackles on. The 2 mentioned are outstanding talents. I do feel Lage isnt giving proper chances to some of our younger players. Instead wheeling out Saiss, Hwang, Dendoncker.
Just watched the U 23 against Middlesborough . Very impressed with their passing and attacking play . There are some good prospects in that team .

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
No semedo for the rest of the season.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Mosquera, Coady, Toti
Podence, Silva, Neto

This but ait nouri for Semedo

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Mosquera Coady Toti
Chiquinho Neves Moutinho Ait-Nouri
Neto Raul Podence

Give some of the young lads a go seeing as we don't have a great deal to play for and its more beneficial to see how they cope with the pressure whilst trying what is supposed to be our strongest front 3 on paper to see if we can get them to click

Back
Top Bottom