Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Halloween Open Training

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took my lad to this today. Really good value for a fiver! The club really put on some decent entertainment for the kids.

As far as the training went, no sign of Marcal. Is he bost again? Think it was Ethan McLeod deputising on the left for Ait-Nouri.

Luke Cundle looks like he could end up being very good.

A good day out.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could you tell if they were training in a pressing style of play at all?

It was more about shape and attacking drills from what I could see.

They were using 2 goals on 3/4 pitch, with Sa and Ruddy alternating at one end and Moulden at the other.

Sa and Ruddy’s end also had our central defenders, with no defence at the other end.

The midfielders were involved going both ways, then attacking Sa/Ruddy’s goal it was about width, with Semedo and Hoever alternating on the right and Ait-Nouri and Ethan McLeod (I think) alternating on the left. The midfielders would spread it wide, then the wing-backs would cross to the forwards at that end.

After the move broke down, or a goal, Sa or Ruddy would look for a quick throw or kick to the midfielders or wide forwards, who would then go the other way and build one touch attacks between them.

I suppose it was a drill designed to recreate attacking and counter attacking situations for when we either build from having possession (the width) or look to play it quicker when regaining possession.

Did a corner drill at one point too and Bruno blew his whistle, stopped everything and gave Coady some verbals for going up and leaving it 2 on 2 at the other end!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Took my lad to this today. Really good value for a fiver! The club really put on some decent entertainment for the kids.

As far as the training went, no sign of Marcal. Is he bost again? Think it was Ethan McLeod deputising on the left for Ait-Nouri.

A good day out.
Good to hear it.

Ethan McLeod is a forward so it possibly wasn’t him although I wasn’t there so may have been. Maybe Nya or Lembisika?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A good day out.

Might have been Bueno, he is with the first team squad.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to hear it.

Ethan McLeod is a forward so it possibly wasn’t him although I wasn’t there so may have been. Maybe Nya or Lembisika?

Yeah, just checked, it was Dexter Lembikisa.

Lembikisa was training with the group today. Was Bueno there? He was training with the 1st team for the last week.

No Bueno today.

There was another centre back I didn’t recognise too. Played in the Coady role. Think it was Rafael Nya. He’s grown a lot in the last year if it was!!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, just checked, it was Dexter Lembikisa.

No Bueno today.

There was another centre back I didn’t recognise too. Played in the Coady role. Think it was Rafael Nya. He’s grown a lot in the last year if it was!!

Centre back may have been Agboola. He trains quite a bit with the 1st team.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They were using 2 goals on 3/4 pitch, with Sa and Ruddy alternating at one end and Moulden at the other.

Sa and Ruddy’s end also had our central defenders, with no defence at the other end.

The midfielders were involved going both ways, then attacking Sa/Ruddy’s goal it was about width, with Semedo and Hoever alternating on the right and Ait-Nouri and Ethan McLeod (I think) alternating on the left. The midfielders would spread it wide, then the wing-backs would cross to the forwards at that end.

After the move broke down, or a goal, Sa or Ruddy would look for a quick throw or kick to the midfielders or wide forwards, who would then go the other way and build one touch attacks between them.

I suppose it was a drill designed to recreate attacking and counter attacking situations for when we either build from having possession (the width) or look to play it quicker when regaining possession.

Did a corner drill at one point too and Bruno blew his whistle, stopped everything and gave Coady some verbals for going up and leaving it 2 on 2 at the other end!
Did the corner beat the first man?

Or was it a short one which didn’t make it into the box?

Still in disbelief we practice corners

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was cold and windy but my two boys loved it. Also very generous goody bags for the kids. My youngest is a wannabe keeper and the goalie drills were fantastic for him to see. Watching Podence close up was a treat. He's obviously naturally gifted.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A good day out.
As long as it isn't Haloween Open Defending on Monday!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was cold and windy but my two boys loved it. Also very generous goody bags for the kids. My youngest is a wannabe keeper and the goalie drills were fantastic for him to see. Watching Podence close up was a treat. He's obviously naturally gifted.

Yeah, very good value considering all the freebies they gave away.

Given how rammed the club shop was I suppose they know they will probably make it back, even with the 20% off!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club have used Eminem's 'Lose Yourself' quite a bit in the past, but I don't think they've ever played it almost all the way through like they did today, because if they had, they'd have realised there's a stray muthafunker in there! Had a little look around and there were a lot of Dads laughing to themselves, with the kids (luckily) totally oblivious.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did the corner beat the first man?

Or was it a short one which didn’t make it into the box?

Still in disbelief we practice corners

DId they practice passing it back to Sa? That little move has been lacking recently. :D

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went as well, was good for the kids there.

I found it funny that most of the drills centred on getting the ball out wide and then getting at least three players in the box!!

Silva's finishing went from atrocious to great but nothing much you can get from it to to be honest.

Trincao, Raul & Hwang were the front three that worked together, so wonder if they'll start on Monday. And, Dendoncker wasn't involved in the end so maybe he's on the bench Monday.

Traore was the best for interacting with the kids at the end. Jacket, snood, shirt all thrown off into the crowd and he and Raul both went above and beyond in trying to sign things/take pictures even though the Wolves employee was trying to stop them (Covid). Not that all players were bad but these two great.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went as well, was good for the kids there.

I found it funny that most of the drills centred on getting the ball out wide and then getting at least three players in the box!!

Silva's finishing went from atrocious to great but nothing much you can get from it to to be honest.

Trincao, Raul & Hwang were the front three that worked together, so wonder if they'll start on Monday. And, Dendoncker wasn't involved in the end so maybe he's on the bench Monday.

Traore was the best for interacting with the kids at the end. Jacket, snood, shirt all thrown off into the crowd and he and Raul both went above and beyond in trying to sign things/take pictures even though the Wolves employee was trying to stop them (Covid). Not that all players were bad but these two great.
Disappointing re. Trincao.

Podence deserves a start

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah, very good value considering all the freebies they gave away.

Given how rammed the club shop was I suppose they know they will probably make it back, even with the 20% off!
My lads both wanted one of the zip up tops and a new beanie but they were out of stock. So were the junior shorts for the away kit. It was a shame for them as their Dad was in a rare mood to part with the cash. Judging by the empty shelves, looks like the club are struggling with supply issues.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lads both wanted one of the zip up tops and a new beanie but they were out of stock. So were the junior shorts for the away kit. It was a shame for them as their Dad was in a rare mood to part with the cash. Judging by the empty shelves, looks like the club are struggling with supply issues.
I think every business is struggling with supply issues at the moment

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great info, thanks for that! Was Moutinho taking the corners?

Back
Top Bottom