Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Marginal decisions

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been getting frustrated for a while at the amount of marginal decisions referees and their assistants get wrong. Multiple throw-ins every game, multiple goal kick/corners.

Tonight was the worst I’ve seen for both sides.

Twice we should have had a corner from Hwang’s saved chance and Neto’s blocked chance. I lost count of how many times throw-ins were given the wrong way.

These things can have a real impact on the flow of games and building or relieving pressure.

Surely there’s a better way to do it now, rather than relying on the real-time calls of notoriously poor officials? Like a buzz from the VAR if they’ve got it wrong. It would take seconds to see a replay and press a button!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been getting frustrated for a while at the amount of marginal decisions referees and their assistants get wrong. Multiple throw-ins every game, multiple goal kick/corners.

Tonight was the worst I’ve seen for both sides.

Twice we should have had a corner from Hwang’s saved chance and Neto’s blocked chance. I lost count of how many times throw-ins were given the wrong way.

These things can have a real impact on the flow of games and building or relieving pressure.

Surely there’s a better way to do it now, rather than relying on the real-time calls of notoriously poor officials? Like a buzz from the VAR if they’ve got it wrong. It would take seconds to see a replay and press a button!
There is a better way. Get better refs.

The officials tonight were truly abysmal.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League refs are not the same standard as I have seen when we played Europe and watching international tournaments, there is way to much of an old boys club in the football league not just the top flight.
That's because those competitions have the best from across the continent, including two of our own in Taylor and Oliver. The standard isn't really all that different in serie a or la liga.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another thing that makes my **** itch is the current offside rule. On at least one occasion tonight there was an Arsenal player in an offside position but the linesman failed to flag. If they'd scored from the attack then VAR would've undoubtedly ruled it out but as they didn't, Arsenal then profited by means of a corner. Had they scored from this corner the goal would've stood! How can that be right?!!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another thing that makes my **** itch is the current offside rule. On at least one occasion tonight there was an Arsenal player in an offside position but the linesman failed to flag. If they'd scored from the attack then VAR would've undoubtedly ruled it out but as they didn't, Arsenal then profited by means of a corner. Had they scored from this corner the goal would've stood! How can that be right?!!!
Yep. The thing is they ARE interfering by being there . It’s ****ing ludicrous

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to see the disallowed offside goal again. Why are they including Saiss’ arm?

Unless I don’t understand the rules, I thought it was a part of the body you could score with?

The handball rule changed so the 't-shirt line' is used to determine when the arm starts, which means the top of the arm cannot be given for handball, but that also means you can now score using that part so it has to count for offsides.

T

TheConcourse

You can score with your shoulder and upper part of your arm now. Changed the laws last season

The handball rule changed so the 't-shirt line' is used to determine when the arm starts, which means the top of the arm cannot be given for handball, but that also means you can now score using that part so it has to count for offsides.
Of course! Thanks.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm also sick of people saying 'they even out over a season' maybe they do for the so called big clubs but they simply don't for us, crap refs see to that. Swayed by the more fashionable clubs. I just can't wait for robot refs.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My wish is that they start to do something about blatant cheating. The Ben White dive when we would have been clean in on goal was sickening but just gets a shrug of the shoulders.
If he plays on its game over. I don’t care that it’s coady

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe I’m getting old and my memory is going but wasn’t the penalty at Man City given after hitting the upper part of Moutinho’s arm?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So if the top of the arm cannot be given for handball, why were Man City awarded a penalty for Mouts ‘offence’?

Just asking.

That decision was condemned by every pundit, ex managers, ex referees and ex players at the time and rightly so. Scandalous !

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
The Neto one was ridiculous. And the most annoying one for me was the Ben White dive that stopped a clear path to goal.

I think in general we seem to suffer from little decisions a lot. Teams getting cheap free kcks and we are told to get up.

Hazza

Reaction score
I don’t understand the Ben White dive, the ref was right there

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Neto one was ridiculous. And the most annoying one for me was the Ben White dive that stopped a clear path to goal.

I think in general we seem to suffer from little decisions a lot. Teams getting cheap free kcks and we are told to get up.

If a player commits a cynical foul outside the box that denies a goalscoring opportunity, it is a red card.

Diving is about as cynical an offence as they come.

So in theory, White should have been sent off!!

Although strictly speaking, I suppose it was the referee that denied the goalscoring opportunity by unnecessarily blowing his whistle!

It should at least be a yellow card. Add that to the cynical chop down of Raul that went unpunished in the first half and White definitely shouldn’t have been on the field.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He shouldn’t ever be in charge of a wolves match again. We should be highlighting all these decisions as it’s outrageous

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
At what point is enough enough? The standard of referees is absolutely dreadful. I said before the game Atkinson is one of the more experienced and respected refs in the league then he goes and does that?! When do we stop accepting shoddy, unprofessional referees and actually say something needs to be done.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Xhaki out and out assaulting Raul trying to force him off the pitch.

Coady running on to score or square it being stopped is evidence enough that a team like Wolves will never break the top six, they just won't allow it. We saw it in plain view in our first two seasons, it's happening again.

You won't hear punditry call this out either.

Back
Top Bottom