Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brighton comms thread.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage should be able to get more out of this squad. Our performances are getting worse. Almost looks like some of them are trying to get him sacked. Either way a rebuild is required.

RAN and Semedo have been dreadful. Birtles has been spot on with his assessment of both.
I find him painful to listen to, but he is right.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
But he has to do it with nunos bag of spanners this team has nunos stamp written all over it

Ultimately Bruno picks the team and the formation though, doesn't he?
We can't blame this on Nuno. He's gone.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also as others have said. This side has zero identity. That is worrying. So predictable though. One of the worst anti attacking sides I have seen. Almost worse than last season, which was terrible but that half was a disgrace.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we trying to get some new record for penalties conceded? With the amount of practice he’s getting, Sa should be saving the odd one by now.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

They arent bad players. People are kidding themselves if they think they are.

Our problem is Lage has given this team no identity. We dont know what we want to be and thats on the manager.
We have a lot of average players. We are playing higher up the pitch and have lost our pace on the counter. We are neither one thing or the other, under Nuno we were dreadful when we had over 60% of the ball because the players lack the ability to progress it quickly.
Ask yourself how many of our players would Brighton want? Neves, Sa. Struggling for any more.

Reactions: L78

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the talk about the the lack of goals I mean it surely isn't a shock yet again we show nothing going forward I know we don't create loads of chances but it's just getting worse and worse other teams keepers must love playing us as they never have anything to do!

It's the same old we have been so boring to watch last couple of season and it's getting worse something has to change...

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is utter garbage Lage. Sort it out or on your bike. Anti football ****e and players who look disinterested, bored and unmotivated. A complete and utter shambles and disgrace so far.
Hard to disagree, the football is largely boring and the results have only gone one way recently.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Actually, go 4-4-2. Coady is struggling and on a yellow.

Sa
Semedo, Boly, Saiss, RAN
Trincao, Neves, Moutinho, Neto
Fabio, Raul

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People can dress it up, but there is no getting away from it that we look like this will be our 9th defeat in 14 games. That puts pretty much every manager in the game under pressure.
We appear to be sleep-walking into next season. With this manager and this squad I see a relegation battle next season.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Begs the question…..have some of the players lost some faith in Bruno?
Surely they see a LOT of similarities from last season with Nuno?

And then, with performances like these, why wouldn’t a player leave if he doesn’t see us progressing?
We need more control in the dressing room then. We have something to play for and they (supposedly) down tools now? That would be completely unacceptable.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
We're playing wingbacks for width who aren't providing it. A defensive midfielder in an attacking support role.

The two upfront are continually making runs but the players behind aren't looking that far forward. So no point complaining about the front two.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People on here wishing we were back in the Nuno glory days where our record Vs Brighton was P6 W1 D4 L1

It was an abysmal half, but so similar to what we've seen 50 times in the past 4 seasons. It's what these players do. Someone said the other day, we never had a real team plan for goal scoring in open play. The strategy of this team has always been stay organised, slow the game down, keep it tight, while preying on defensive errors, set pieces or a piece of individual flair for a goal. Without fully fit Raul, Podence, Neto (and Jota, Adama), that goal scoring flair isn't there and we see what we've just seen. Again and again.

Needs a geniune creative midfielder (long balls to wingbacks who just aren't doing it gets us nowhere) . Skillful goal scorer, strong in the air, who doesn't need goals handed to him on a plate. And better quality defenders so we don't have to stay so rigidly defensive, which also stifles our forward play. Until we have those players, don't think we can do much else than we have under Bruno.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo and RAN both good players but neither look like they know what they are doing. That is a big worry. Plenty of head coaches wouldnt mind them as their wing backs but what is our head coach telling them to do in this game? They look lost. There is no pattern, nothing. Forget all this crap about him having Nuno's players. This group should be capable of a lot better than this . It is simply awful. We would struggle to beat Hull City playing this anti football rubbish.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the game, sad to hear the boos at half but this has been dreadful. Neto and Raul warming up now.
It would be nice to hear the South Bank sing, we are being out sung by bloody Brighton

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup. Sadly. I'm delighted we are 8th as I don't think we have the 8th best team in the league. Bruno has done a good job but now the team - and he - have run out of steam. Consequently, we look terrible and the shouting matches begin!

We've looked this terrible for plenty of times these past few years - especially in first halves!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're playing wingbacks for width who aren't providing it. A defensive midfielder in an attacking support role.

The two upfront are continually making runs but the players behind aren't looking that far forward. So no point complaining about the front two.
Right on the money. Setup to fail.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There 's just so much that isn't right. All teams go through runs like this, but it doesn't just fix itself, something has to be deliberately changed. A few players have reached their shelf-life.

Chasing shadows up top, nervy and cheap turnovers at the back, no one able to put their foot on the ball and start threading through dangerous passes. Movement is non-existent.

And there's no options on the bench to change it. Makes you want to bring on Jonny in exchange for at least three players.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was an abysmal half, but so similar to what we've seen 50 times in the past 4 seasons. It's what these players do. Someone said the other day, we never had a real team plan for goal scoring in open play. The strategy of this team has always been stay organised, slow the game down, keep it tight, while preying on defensive errors, set pieces or a piece of individual flair for a goal. Without fully fit Raul, Podence, Neto (and Jota, Adama), that goal scoring flair isn't there and we see what we've just seen. Again and again.

Needs a geniune creative midfielder (long balls to wingbacks who just aren't doing it gets us nowhere) . Skillful goal scorer, strong in the air, who doesn't need goals handed to him on a plate. And better quality defenders so we don't have to stay so rigidly defensive, which also stifles our forward play. Until we have those players, don't think we can do much else than we have under Bruno.

Brilliantly put.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Actually, go 4-4-2. Coady is struggling and on a yellow.

Sa
Semedo, Boly, Saiss, RAN
Trincao, Neves, Moutinho, Neto
Fabio, Raul
Trincao as a RW in a 4-4-2 would be dismal imo, slow as death and would constantly be cutting in. Try Chiquinho maybe?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is utter garbage Lage. Sort it out or on your bike. Anti football ****e and players who look disinterested, bored and unmotivated. A complete and utter shambles and disgrace so far.
Hard to disagree, the football is largely boring and the results have only gone one way recently.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying **** like this when he's been our brightest spark in the past 3 games?
Because they don't understand forward play. He's doing well. Showing for the ball, some nice touches, dropping into spaces, being intelligent... there is a lot of hope for the future and given we aren't going to qualify for Europe, I'm happy that Bruno is playing him and giving him more experience.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This team needed refreshing when nuno got the boot but same old same old

Nobody is denying that, but the same time, he picks how he wants us to play. He could have us playing any number of formations, but he doesnt. He scrapped a back 4 after a pre season game. How are we going to develop when the Manager is scared to try to evolve the team and if he cant get the backing he should walk. Simple as that.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have defended him this season but Bruno's selections have been beyond bewildering recently. Playing Dendoncker on the right is utterly bizarre. He's starting to strike me as out of his depth.

Utter borefest.
Sorry what? I'm not there today but presumed two up front. Is he playing Hwang wide left and Doncks wide right?

That makes me very glad I'm not there if so.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have one advantage over most of you. After Leeds, my season ended and all expectation of Europe just evaporated.
8 th……10th……12th……whatever.

Back
Top Bottom