Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Brighton comms thread.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately Bruno picks the team and the formation though, doesn't he?
We can't blame this on Nuno. He's gone.

So Bruno can pick from a squad of 30 fresh players within months of joining? He was stuck with Nuno's squad plus a couple of signings, that's it. There is no manager who can turn Donk into a dynamic forward driving midfielder. Or gift Coadie top level defensive skills to match his top level shouting skills. Or provide Fabio with aerial ability. And so on with every player.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just the same issue that we've had all season long, just now the players' confidence has gone as well.

From Game 1 onward, we have never had any ideas of our pattern of play in attack. It's just to hope that somehow a chance materialises without any plan for the individual parts of the team to work together to create that chance. And then when we actually do stumble upon a decent opening, we panic and fluff it.

This season has not been a particularly inspiring audition for the coach in all honesty. If Sa had been as hopeless as Patricio was last season, we would likely be bottom 6 or 7.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was an abysmal half, but so similar to what we've seen 50 times in the past 4 seasons. It's what these players do. Someone said the other day, we never had a real team plan for goal scoring in open play. The strategy of this team has always been stay organised, slow the game down, keep it tight, while preying on defensive errors, set pieces or a piece of individual flair for a goal. Without fully fit Raul, Podence, Neto (and Jota, Adama), that goal scoring flair isn't there and we see what we've just seen. Again and again.

Needs a geniune creative midfielder (long balls to wingbacks who just aren't doing it gets us nowhere) . Skillful goal scorer, strong in the air, who doesn't need goals handed to him on a plate. And better quality defenders so we don't have to stay so rigidly defensive, which also stifles our forward play. Until we have those players, don't think we can do much else than we have under Bruno.
Spot on. Hence why we should have kept Traore...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup. That's fair enough. Playing poorly and not winning

I'm more concerned about the standard of our displays. We have everything to play for, and they look like they gave up weeks ago. The players have to take some of the blame, but so does the manager.

I bet he takes Silva off for Raul.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then they can **** off as well, good players don't need inspiring leaders.
Bull****. Even the greatest players in the world need someone to inspire them. United were inspired by Roy Keane as an example.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you disregard the Villa own goal that’s one goal we’ve actually scored in 3.5 games.
If Lage thinks this squad just needs a tweak here or there, I think he’s wrong.
Too many poor transfer windows and I fear we’re sleep walking into a relegation struggle at some point.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Bull****. Even the greatest players in the world need someone to inspire them. United were inspired by Roy Keane as an example.
Roy Keane literally verbatim has repeatedly said what I just said. SAF used to not speak to United players for weeks on end, and Keane barely ever said anything in dressing room. Just led by example, none of our players are.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, at least Lage has made actual substitutions this time at the break. That's actually a major step forward.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
So Bruno can pick from a squad of 30 fresh players within months of joining? He was stuck with Nuno's squad plus a couple of signings, that's it. There is no manager who can turn Donk into a dynamic forward driving midfielder. Or gift Coadie top level defensive skills to match his top level shouting skills. Or provide Fabio with aerial ability. And so on with every player.
That's a **** poor excuse to be honest. We were doing well under Bruno and now we look disinterested and his system and substitutions are utterly bizarre. Tell me you at least see that?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never left a game early before but I'm absolutely ****ed off with this. Hwang still on? Fabio hooked? OK if they prove me wrong I'll never moan again but I just do not understand. I hope Lage gets replaced in the summer.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves the only player to come out with any credit from that half and thats not much either
Truly awful half hearted headless chickens

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three at back against Brighton at home. Shoehorning Coady in is part of the problem with us progressing honestly

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on. Hence why we should have kept Traore...

Adama wont improve our goalscoring, he will just be more exciting in not doing what we need over our other players.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roy Keane literally verbatim has repeatedly said what I just said. SAF used to not speak to United players for weeks on end, and Keane barely ever said anything in dressing room. Just led by example, none of our players are.
Inspiring isn't by words, its by actions and like it or loathe it, it was Keane's actions that inspired those around him, humans look towards others to take them onwards and to lead. Nuno had that charisma, Bruno does not.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 subs at halftime says it all in regards to Bruno yet again butchering the initial selection of the XI.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That's a **** poor excuse to be honest. We were doing well under Bruno and now we look disinterested and his system and substitutions are utterly bizarre. Tell me you at least see that?
Our numbers when we were winning weren't massively better than they were when we were losing. I and a few others warned on this that you can't grind out 1-0 wins consistently and expect that to hold. The old "the sign of a good team is winning when you play poorly" isn't remotely true. The sign of a good team is play like a good team consistently.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just to hope that somehow a chance materialises without any plan for the individual parts of the team to work together to create that chance

You could say this for any game since that day at Wembley, to be fair.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now we need a non serious head injury to Hwang. Are they bright enough for that?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Inspiring isn't by words, its by actions and like it or loathe it, it was Keane's actions that inspired those around him, humans look towards others to take them onwards and to lead. Nuno had that charisma, Bruno does not.
Just a line for bluffer players to hide behind.

Back
Top Bottom