Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves membership

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sometimes do hark back to the good old days of the 60s, 70s and 80s.
Pay at the gate, three o-clock kick-off on a Saturday afternoon, you knew where you were.

I suppose if a future Molineux had a 40 to 50k capacity, a percentage of that could be made pay at the gate.
It would help last minute decision makers who have to work around things to attend, and those where the weather is a factor for travelling.
I'm not sure if it is still the case, but I thought there were some regulations that said a certain percentage of tickets should be available as pay on the day, but it might just be that it is a limit on number of season tickets and percentage is for just match to match (so most go to members with loyalty pts) ?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is still the case, but I thought there were some regulations that said a certain percentage of tickets should be available as pay on the day, but it might just be that it is a limit on number of season tickets and percentage is for just match to match (so most go to members with loyalty pts) ?
I think there is a certain percentage limit on season Tickets, the remainder to go on general sale to supporters with History, when i lived down in Bournemouth i tried to get a ticket to watch them against Wolves but they would not let me have one due to the fact i didnt have a history and the game was about 3 thousand short of capacity. I dont think pay on the day, at the gate even exists now.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is a certain percentage limit on season Tickets, the remainder to go on general sale to supporters with History, when i lived down in Bournemouth i tried to get a ticket to watch them against Wolves but they would not let me have one due to the fact i didnt have a history and the game was about 3 thousand short of capacity. I dont think pay on the day, at the gate even exists now.
It does in lower leagues but most clubs now will make it previous booking history etc if the away allocation has sold out and they fear away fans going in the home ends (lets face it it worked perfectly in your example), so realistically yeah its never going to happen in the prem

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes think its now just limit on season tickets. I guess when regulations were drawn up most non season ticket sales would have been pay on the day, but things have now moved on with memberships and loyalty points.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and renewed, just hope can use it for what I want to this coming season. Had a bit of Wolves cash that gets wiped off in a couple of weeks.

I know, I know I could be repeating the mistake of last season but I have (and mentally have to) have hope that common sense prevails and we can get back to full capacity at some point next season!

I quite liked the acknowledgement of the £5 off for those who had one last year (in fact I'd suggested just that in the ask jeff questions so I like to think they've nicked my idea.....should have said a tenner!)

If not it'll be a nice £30 snood (what the ****s a snood!!) and flag eh!

Have noticed issues already, once (and only once no advanced warning) you place the order the email confirmation advises you the joining packs are delayed till Sep/October due to shipping delays (cheap **** from China no doubt).

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit the bullet and renewed, just hope can use it for what I want to this coming season. Had a bit of Wolves cash that gets wiped off in a couple of weeks.

I know, I know I could be repeating the mistake of last season but I have (and mentally have to) have hope that common sense prevails and we can get back to full capacity at some point next season!

I quite liked the acknowledgement of the £5 off for those who had one last year (in fact I'd suggested just that in the ask jeff questions so I like to think they've nicked my idea.....should have said a tenner!)

Have noticed issues already, once (and only once no advanced warning) you place the order the email confirmation advises you the joining packs are delayed till Sep/October due to shipping delays (cheap **** from China no doubt).
got my welcome pack last week. (Not the one with the snood which I think is just those who renewed last year), but pin badge, had and lucky socks, so maybe just some things delayed ?

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I bought a snood last year from the club shop and if its the same one going out to members its really good quality.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
got my welcome pack last week. (Not the one with the snood which I think is just those who renewed last year), but pin badge, had and lucky socks, so maybe just some things delayed ?
Yeah thats what I got last year obviously they’ve still got **** loads over as are giving those to nee members but a snood & flag to renewing members do guessing its just the new packs that are delayed.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bought a snood last year from the club shop and if its the same one going out to members its really good quality.
Is it one of them things Tevez kind of made famous? Tbf it might get a bit of use in the winter suppose no point having it before october anyway

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it one of them things Tevez kind of made famous? Tbf it might get a bit of use in the winter suppose no point having it before october anyway

Yep, thats the thing.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

Seems like your question for a £5 discount was listened to pacamac..
Was happy Wolves froze Membership prices and gave the fiver discount for those renewing.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
I ask this every year...do I need to get the age appropriate membership or can I get any. Does this affect age of the tickets I buy if that makes sense?

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I ask this every year...do I need to get the age appropriate membership or can I get any. Does this affect age of the tickets I buy if that makes sense?
It'll only let you buy if assigned to a supporter number that matches the age range.

Suppose you could register a new number in said range but then you'll only be able to buy tickets that match the age range of the membership you get.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
It'll only let you buy if assigned to a supporter number that matches the age range.

Suppose you could register a new number in said range but then you'll only be able to buy tickets that match the age range of the membership you get.
I thought it was that..cheers for the info

Leemack

Reaction score
I got to every home game last season and some away cup fixtures. Getting in early points and cup games in the early rounds is how i did it but I never failed to get tickets.

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
Renewed my membership, it turned up today with a note saying I would have to wait until September for my welcome pack. If I am honest last years stuff is still in its box.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Renewed my international membership a few weeks ago, and last year it took a very long time to arrive in Australia, so unsure when it will arrive. It doesn't really make a difference as there's not much going on.

You get 1 free shipping voucher, but by the time that arrived last year the good clothing sizes in the shop were sold out.
If they included the shipping voucher as a electronic voucher when you purchase, you could use it immediately on the training kit that's been released early.

edit.
Although just noticed they are now correctly removing the UK VAT for overseas purchases, so in effect the shipping is now free anyway.
I will have to wait and see if Australia Post charge me import tax.....

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Renewed my membership, it turned up today with a note saying I would have to wait until September for my welcome pack. If I am honest last years stuff is still in its box.
I’ll be renewing my membership in the next few days.

Trying to remember what was in last years box.

Was it lucky socks, wolfs head metal pin badge and something else?

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
Wasnt it the woolly hat and the badge, will have to dig it out and have a look

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes it was socks, badge and a bobble hat. The hat is pretty good, I wore mine a fair bit over winter.

McSteen

Groupie
Reaction score
Renewed my international membership a few weeks ago, and last year it took a very long time to arrive in Australia, so unsure when it will arrive. It doesn't really make a difference as there's not much going on.

You get 1 free shipping voucher, but by the time that arrived last year the good clothing sizes in the shop were sold out.
If they included the shipping voucher as a electronic voucher when you purchase, you could use it immediately on the training kit that's been released early.

edit.
Although just noticed they are now correctly removing the UK VAT for overseas purchases, so in effect the shipping is now free anyway.
I will have to wait and see if Australia Post charge me import tax.....
Last season when they sent me the free welcome gift, Wolves had put the full price of the membership on the customs declaration. Because of this the Norwegian Post wanted to charge me local VAT (25%) and handling fee (£21 in total) for the free gift. I refused to pay and the box was returned. A few weeks later they tried to send it again, and this time there was no charges. Strange practice by Wolves to put a value of £35 on the free gift.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't been able to go to Games since the takeover with tickets in my own name, normally buy somebodies ticket off them on the day or use one of my mate's tickets if they weren't able to go etc because of work.

But as I'm going to be a lot freer on the weekend now I'd like to start going again. Would signing up for this membership thing be the best way to get tickets?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't been able to go to Games since the takeover with tickets in my own name, normally buy somebodies ticket off them on the day or use one of my mate's tickets if they weren't able to go etc because of work.

But as I'm going to be a lot freer on the weekend now I'd like to start going again. Would signing up for this membership thing be the best way to get tickets?
I believe so, yes.

I've got a membership for that exact reason so I'd suggest doing the same.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll be renewing my membership in the next few days.

Trying to remember what was in last years box.

Was it lucky socks, wolfs head metal pin badge and something else?
Yeah socks

Yes definitely, some would say its you're only hope (but that's not strictly true some games make it past the membership 100 points to general sale but very few.

If you do approx 10 league games or more it pays for itself as you get 10% pof the ticket price back in ticket cash to use against the next ticket (or save up)

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it was socks, badge and a bobble hat. The hat is pretty good, I wore mine a fair bit over winter.
Yeah the hat was sound wore it a fair bit throughout the winter.

Socks are holey already and the pin badge was the same as the year before's so that never came out the box.

People who are buying memberships this season who didn't last season are getting those (obviously had a load of over stock) but anyone renewing membership is getting a ****ing snood, flag and the old classic card holder (swear I've got 3 of those from the good old pre premier league days when the membership was half price the price, you got a free match ticket but that was the only gift!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we start well new members will find it hard to get tickets, some members who renewed last season will be on 400+ points

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season when they sent me the free welcome gift, Wolves had put the full price of the membership on the customs declaration. Because of this the Norwegian Post wanted to charge me local VAT (25%) and handling fee (£21 in total) for the free gift. I refused to pay and the box was returned. A few weeks later they tried to send it again, and this time there was no charges. Strange practice by Wolves to put a value of £35 on the free gift.

I think after being in the EU for so long, the UK are just realising how non-EU countries have had to deal with these things and how creative they will need to be to buy and sell.

Australia is expensive but has high salaries to compensate. Things like American outdoor kitchen BBQ's are double the price in Australia so there was a roaring trade in joining a co-op of like-minded people, clubbing together and importing a load of BBQ's in a shipping container through your own mini-company, paying the taxes but still saving yourself $3000 each. Doing this stuff on your own is just uneconomical because of the paperwork, as small UK companies are sadly discovering when they expect frictionless trade that they no longer pay to use.

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how you go about acquiring a brand new supporter's number? Do I need to call or can I sort it online when I get memberships? Got another two new members of the pack to get signed up!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For New members.
last years point are only carried over for the first few games then reset. so yes those with previous point will have priority over new members for some games at least, but a fair number of games made it down to the 100 pts (which you get for joining) so you should be able to get tickets to all but the most popular games if you get in quick when it reaches your points level (assuming we are back to full capacity). (and if you make some early games you will be on , or close to on par with everyone when points reset) you may not have much choice of seat, quite possibly only the temp stand and the odd few singles in the BW lower (plus any late returns that get resold). If tickets for the home pre season game are available it will get you 10 pts as well, and there are usually more tickets for cup games as not all season ticket holders will take up option to buy their seat

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how you go about acquiring a brand new supporter's number? Do I need to call or can I sort it online when I get memberships? Got another two new members of the pack to get signed up!
Register online its simple

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I bought my first membership in the championship-winning season. I hadn't bothered before as I could easily get to any game I wanted but they had a deal on that made it worthwhile (IIRC one free game, 10% ticket cash and two or three games for £5 of ticket cash).

In the first premier season I renewed and, with my 190 points, I thought tickets would be easy to get but I made the fatal mistake of going away a lot in August/September and missing the first 3 home games so, when the points were subsequently reset, I was back on 100 points behind all those now on 130. By buying tickets the minute they went on sale to those at my points level I was able to get tickets for the next few games in the quadrant but not in the South Bank where I wanted to be. I then became aware of the sale of the returned tickets so I started buying those but it did mean keeping open the ticket site on my browser and continually refreshing until tickets became available. Looking back, I sometimes spent up to two days refreshing in excess of 1,000 times a day whilst I "worked" and on my mobile during the evening. The process of these tickets going up for sale must have been automatic as they would appear at all times of the day and night and people were obviously doing the same as me as I would see a ticket become available only five seconds after I'd previously checked and the ticket would have gone before I could click on it. God that was fun :eek: I made sure I went to the first three games the following season!

So, to you new members out there, or people thinking of joining, there are ways to get tickets and build up your points.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I bought my first membership in the championship-winning season. I hadn't bothered before as I could easily get to any game I wanted but they had a deal on that made it worthwhile (IIRC one free game, 10% ticket cash and two or three games for £5 of ticket cash).

In the first premier season I renewed and, with my 190 points, I thought tickets would be easy to get but I made the fatal mistake of going away a lot in August/September and missing the first 3 home games so, when the points were subsequently reset, I was back on 100 points behind all those now on 130. By buying tickets the minute they went on sale to those at my points level I was able to get tickets for the next few games in the quadrant but not in the South Bank where I wanted to be. I then became aware of the sale of the returned tickets so I started buying those but it did mean keeping open the ticket site on my browser and continually refreshing until tickets became available. Looking back, I sometimes spent up to two days refreshing in excess of 1,000 times a day whilst I "worked" and on my mobile during the evening. The process of these tickets going up for sale must have been automatic as they would appear at all times of the day and night and people were obviously doing the same as me as I would see a ticket become available only five seconds after I'd previously checked and the ticket would have gone before I could click on it. God that was fun :eek: I made sure I went to the first three games the following season!

So, to you new members out there, or people thinking of joining, there are ways to get tickets and build up your points.
Thanks for sharing this information Lytham What an experience you have had over recent seasons!
This is precisely why extra capacity is urgently needed, redeveloping either the Steve Bull or the South Bank, or for starters, the 500 seat temp stand!
Otherwise, fans will stop trying to buy tickets with this kind of hassle, like every home game is like a cup final, especially facing years down the line of it.
Frustrated fans here in Germany tell me how impossible it has been to buy a ticket, and of course they can't easily build up early points like a more local fan can.
Fans who travelled over from here, ten, twenty, thirty years pre-Fosun for games, now caught out, some visiting family in the WM but not able to attend close to home.
German Sky will be show PL games up until 2024/25, all PL games next season for 9,99 Euro a month, so fans here are likely to stop chasing tickets and watch at home.
I have thankfully, managed to attend some games a season, having STH contacts, or via Worldwide Wolves but often had confirmation in the week before a game.
That's good. But then you have to book flights and a hotel last minute which have become expensive, although I often book six months in advance, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this information Lytham What an experience you have had over recent seasons!
This is precisely why extra capacity is urgently needed, redeveloping either the Steve Bull or the South Bank, or for starters, the 500 seat temp stand!
Otherwise, fans will stop trying to buy tickets with this kind of hassle, like every home game is like a cup final, especially facing years down the line of it.
Frustrated fans here in Germany tell me how impossible it has been to buy a ticket, and of course they can't easily build up early points like a more local fan can.
Fans who travelled over from here, ten, twenty, thirty years pre-Fosun for games, now caught out, some visiting family in the WM but not able to attend close to home.
German Sky will be show PL games up until 2024/25, all PL games next season for 9,99 Euro a month, so fans here are likely to stop chasing tickets and watch at home.
I have thankfully, managed to attend some games a season, having STH contacts, or via Worldwide Wolves but often had confirmation in the week before a game.
That's good. But then you have to book flights and a hotel last minute which have become expensive, although I often book six months in advance, and hope for the best.
I did get a little bit obsessed... To put it into context though I have a second membership, nominally my son's but family and friends all use it, and most of them won't go in the South Bank so for most games it was a simple process of buying two tickets in the quadrant or Steve Bull Lower. It was just the games that I was going to on my own that I went through the crazy process of buying a returned ticket in the South Bank.

You're right about extra capacity being needed, it's a pity that, for starters, Fosun didn't take the opportunity during lockdown to rebuild the SW corner properly (bigger and with a roof and with seats facing the pitch rather than facing the Billy Wright) and build a SE corner.

I feel for all fans who now struggle to get tickets as it's something we've not experienced before, oh for the days of just turning up when you felt like it and paid at the turnstile or even when you just phoned the ticket office a week before the game to book your tickets, including away games. I can remember buying a ticket for Millwall away in the mid-90s and it was so close to the date of the game that there wasn't time to post it out and it was brought down on the supporters coach for me to collect at the ticket office.

For fans like your friends in Germany who only go to a few games each season it's really difficult, as you say, to buy the tickets and also to build up points but hopefully my previous post gives some advice although the numbers of members appears to have been increasing each year. Depending on our form tickets could become more difficult to get but this may be offset this coming season by less people wanting to attend post-COVID. The whole system of buying tickets in advance can cause all sorts of problems, for me the main issue is that tickets go on sale a month before the game but my son only gets his shift patterns two weeks prior so I have to buy tickets in hope and then, if he can't make it, I offer the second ticket to family and friends so, in effect, you could say that it's a shared membership which isn't explicitly allowed but I can't wait for his availability as tickets are sold out by then. Because of this there have been times when I've ended up with a spare ticket and I've sold it here (at face value I should point out) on the Mix and, equally, there have been times when I've decided to go to a game after tickets have sold out and have been able to buy a spare ticket here so it is a case of developing ways of working the system but it would be fairer and better if people didn't have to although I'm at a loss how such a system could be established. Buying and selling of spare tickets on the Mix has the added benefit of meeting fellow Mixers which is always pleasant and hopefully this will be allowed again next season.

Nowadays, as a member, I really struggle to get away tickets which is really frustrating as I love an away day and, living near London, there are many grounds that are quicker and easy to get to than Molineux. However, thanks to Sky and European games we do have some fixture dates that are unpopular so I am able to pick up tickets for such games.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So let me check. Forget all this for home tickets. If you got to games in 2019/20 you will have been offered 'membership plus' and get first dibs. However if you didn't then loyalty points are irrelevant and everyone gets to join the same scramble?

D

Deleted member 7041

Thanks for all your replies. I'm now more confused about what to do than before opening this thread! I think I'll wait to see what the ST prices are (I'll be sitting down!) then decide but the advice to get to early games to build up Membership points is really very good advice.
Have you decided yet? ...if its Yes.....which stand are you in? :)

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So let me check. Forget all this for home tickets. If you got to games in 2019/20 you will have been offered 'membership plus' and get first dibs. However if you didn't then loyalty points are irrelevant and everyone gets to join the same scramble?
not everyone who went in 19/20 only those who went to the most games, they haven't stated how many points got you an invite. and membership plus only gets you priority for 6 games and only if you pay the extra £20 for it

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
not everyone who went in 19/20 only those who went to the most games, they haven't stated how many points got you an invite. and membership plus only gets you priority for 6 games and only if you pay the extra £20 for it
Cheers, not seen the detail. So in total they want £55 to give you the option to first choice for 6 games where you probably have to pay for the expensive side seats. I can see why people would baulk at that to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom