Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves membership

Mustafa_WWFC

Reaction score
I've lived in york since I was 9 and for years didn't go to games. From 15/16 onwards I started going to watch the games again and went to around 8 a season each year and then going to around 4 a season when they go promoted due to it being hard to get tickets. The season before this one I had a job that required work on Saturdays and couldn't attend during the 19/20 season only went to wolves vs torino. I'm finally coming back to Wolverhampton this September and albeit for selfish reasons I'm quite happy with this change. People forget that not all the people who can't get tickets are glory supporters who have just started to support the club and that many longterm loyal fans couldn't get season tickets or go to tonnes of games previously due to circumstance. The new system is fairer for everyone.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong but from their marketing and terms and conditions it seems there's no advantage really in being a member unless you want to keep your place in the Season Ticket queue. The email they sent me prompting me to rejoin actually said " KEEP YOUR PLACE ON THE SEASON TICKET WAITING LIST" as a headline. I can't see any other advantages really with the latest developments.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've lived in york since I was 9 and for years didn't go to games. From 15/16 onwards I started going to watch the games again and went to around 8 a season each year and then going to around 4 a season when they go promoted due to it being hard to get tickets. The season before this one I had a job that required work on Saturdays and couldn't attend during the 19/20 season only went to wolves vs torino. I'm finally coming back to Wolverhampton this September and albeit for selfish reasons I'm quite happy with this change. People forget that not all the people who can't get tickets are glory supporters who have just started to support the club and that many longterm loyal fans couldn't get season tickets or go to tonnes of games previously due to circumstance. The new system is fairer for everyone.
Great for you but you’ll be getting tickets over fans who spent hundreds going to the games and that really doesn’t seem fair to me.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'll be worse off under the new system than you would have the old.

The 10 points you got for Torino would have carried over which would have seen you alright for a quite a number of games (especially if you got a couple of lesser games in before Xmas).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I may be wrong but from their marketing and terms and conditions it seems there's no advantage really in being a member unless you want to keep your place in the Season Ticket queue. The email they sent me prompting me to rejoin actually said " KEEP YOUR PLACE ON THE SEASON TICKET WAITING LIST" as a headline. I can't see any other advantages really with the latest developments.
Depends how many membership plus they sell. I'd hope they aren't looking at more than a couple of thousand or it will indeed be pointless.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends how many membership plus they sell. I'd hope they aren't looking at more than a couple of thousand or it will indeed be pointless.
thats the one thing they haven't provided info on, what points level it was set at and home many will be offered. The other thing that will affect the rest of us is how many members overall are there, as far as I know there is no limit on the number of memberships they sell, so now with no points the more members the less your odds of getting a ticket are.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont think its fair to say some fans are more deserving than others and all that. In my opinion every fan deserves the opportunity to go see wolves
Do we do away with season tickets then or why not go back to paying on the turnstiles?

A mate of mine "Massive Wolves Fan" apparently was offered a ticket for either the Liverpool or the Tottenham match can't remember which one, but he turned it down cause it was to cold and he didn't fancy it but then winged his tits off because he couldn't get a ticket for another top 6 match when the weather was more favourable.

At the end of the day those that are at Molineux week in week out, rain or shine, playing Man Utd or Torquay Utd are the backbone of the club so I'd argue they are more deserving.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
thats the one thing they haven't provided info on, what points level it was set at and home many will be offered. The other thing that will affect the rest of us is how many members overall are there, as far as I know there is no limit on the number of memberships they sell, so now with no points the more members the less your odds of getting a ticket are.
Membership numbers, and the breakdown on numbers of each category, would be interesting to know.
Russell Jones waxed lyrical about Fan growth around the world on Ask Wolves, and how it has rocketed in the USA over recent seasons.
So what does all this worldwide fan growth mean in terms of International Memberships sold?
With each membership of all types bought being a transaction, Wolves must have the exact overall figure.
If possible, I would like to see a Membership Clock on Wolves Official. Like a population clock, clicking the newest number every time a membership is sold.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Membership numbers, and the breakdown on numbers of each category, would be interesting to know.
Russell Jones waxed lyrical about Fan growth around the world on Ask Wolves, and how it has rocketed in the USA over recent seasons.
So what does all this worldwide fan growth mean in terms of International Memberships sold?
With each membership of all types bought being a transaction, Wolves must have the exact overall figure.
If possible, I would like to see a Membership Clock on Wolves Official. Like a population clock, clicking the newest number every time a membership is sold.
Stupid thing is they keep banging on about international growth, do u think the Mexicans will still love us if Raul leaves? Or the Chinese megastore will stay open if we go ****e and back to league 1?

I know there are Wolves fans all over the world but the clubs bread and butter is here in the UK and specifically the Midlands

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Stupid thing is they keep banging on about international growth, do u think the Mexicans will still love us if Raul leaves? Or the Chinese megastore will stay open if we go ****e and back to league 1?

I know there are Wolves fans all over the world but the clubs bread and butter is here in the UK and specifically the Midlands
International fan growth around the world is important, to drive shirt and merchandise sales, sell International Memberships, WolvesTV Subscriptions etc.
There are number of overseas fans who travel to Molineux regularly. Numbers are relatively small at games, owing to limited capacity, and few tickets available.
As for Mexican and Chinese fans. Obviously fans travelling from those countries are very rare but again, some will have spending power to buy merchandise.
You are correct in saying the clubs bread and butter is specifically in the Midlands. The club should market the club better closer to home to attract new fans.
But there seems little point, Molineux is full each home game. There is little space to put new, or even Wolves younger fans coming through to support the team.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I take what you say about the Midlands fans but I'm sure Fosun's dream was/is to turn Wolves into a Utd or Liverpool in China and world-wide. I'm sure this ambition collapsed last season due to the football that we produced and hence why Nuno was moved on.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that they have messed up the membership/loyalty points scheme bigtime they need to give some thought to next season, what will happen to the super members next season as they wont have any points ?.
My thoughts are something along the lines of a 2 tier membership whereby a fan pays lets suggest £60 which will give them access to 6 premier team games ie a £10 cost per game to guarantee a ticket to those games if they want them, then there could be a £40 membership which would guarantee them access to 6 minor PL team games which would be £6.50ish per guaranteed ticket per game, tickets allocated on a first come first served basis, Im sure most people become members to gain access to games and be on the season ticket waiting list, no need for Vinnys used/lucky socks or any other throw away memoribilla, Just my thoughts on what could or could not be done.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I take what you say about the Midlands fans but I'm sure Fosun's dream was/is to turn Wolves into a Utd or Liverpool in China and world-wide. I'm sure this ambition collapsed last season due to the football that we produced and hence why Nuno was moved on.
"Fosun's Dream" and i honestly think it is a dream

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone actually received their card yet.

I know the gifts are delayed till sep/oct (they tell you that after they let you pay) . Obvioudsly cheap tat delayed from China, but email says should still get new card within 28 days. Been well over that.

Wolves prices on pretty much everything rise but service continues to get worse.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

I know the gifts are delayed till sep/oct (they tell you that after they let you pay) . Obvioudsly cheap tat delayed from China, but email says should still get new card within 28 days. Been well over that.

Wolves prices on pretty much everything rise but service continues to get worse.
Had mine a free weeks ago

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great for you but you’ll be getting tickets over fans who spent hundreds going to the games and that really doesn’t seem fair to me.
What about us that want to spend hundreds following our team. Personal circumstances meant I had to drop my season ticket. I went to every European home game and managed to pick a few tickets up from off here watford palace and Burnley.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score

To answer your question paramac.
I haven't received my card here in Germany.
I have just re-read my Membership Confirmation Email received on 16th June.
Your personalised smartcard will be delivered within 28 days of your membership purchase.
Due to shipping delays, your joining pack will be delivered in September/October.

So, like yourself, just waiting for my card to arrive.

Last edited:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

mine came a few weeks ago. I did get mine in the first day or two they were available though ( and didn't have one last year so different gifts)

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to point out the gifts are only delayed if you're getting the new gifts (ie if you renewed). Forgot if you didn't renew you're getting last years gifts as they obviously had a **** load left over.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Just to point out the gifts are only delayed if you're getting the new gifts (ie if you renewed). Forgot if you didn't renew you're getting last years gifts as they obviously had a **** load left over.
Thanks for pointing that out paramac.
I was happy with last years gifts, the flag sent with International Membership was great.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out paramac.
I was happy with last years gifts, the flag sent with International Membership was great.
Think we're getting a flag this year actually and a snood.....didn't even know what a snood was to be honest but think its those things Carlos Tevez made (in)famous. To be fair suppose I won't need it before October anyway.

The confirmation email did say (for those with gifts delayed) you'd get the card within 28 days though and its been about 40.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I renewed my memberships on 25th June and received an email saying that my smartcards would be received within 28 days. Still not received 34 days later.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Not had my card yet either but ordered end of June.

I also contacted them regarding attending the U23 games as that was always included and there's no mention of it being a perk at the moment.

The response said that the club are still waiting confirmation regarding attendance for the U23s due to Covid.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about us that want to spend hundreds following our team. Personal circumstances meant I had to drop my season ticket. I went to every European home game and managed to pick a few tickets up from off here watford palace and Burnley.
That doesn’t make sense. Doing the 3 Europa games would have given you 130 points which would have been enough to get tickets for those games giving you even more points.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That doesn’t make sense. Doing the 3 Europa games would have given you 130 points which would have been enough to get tickets for those games giving you even more points.
Yup, 130 points as at 29 August, rising to 160 points by 12 December.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats my view, too

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very little chance if any for league game tickets without one.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was 6 european games . Me and my son were not members all the games went to general sale.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A membership would have been well worth getting mate.
Got me and the two little ones membership this year. I suppose we will have to make do with burnley and norwich at home and whichever league 2 side we get in the carabao cup. While the wife and other 2 sons go every home game at the albion and probably most of the away games apart from when we play burnley and norwich.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you complaining about being unable to buy league tickets when you weren't even a member?
I've supported wolves over 40 years had a season ticket for about 25 of those. And this is the first year I have ever become a member.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got me and the two little ones membership this year. I suppose we will have to make do with burnley and norwich at home and whichever league 2 side we get in the carabao cup. While the wife and other 2 sons go every home game at the albion and probably most of the away games apart from when we play burnley and norwich.
4 sons thats a lot of headaches and cost pal. I’d disown a couple of em……guess which ones ha

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

How did you pick up tickets off here if you only joined this week? Did you have another account or can you message people even if not a member?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
4 sons thats a lot of headaches and cost pal. I’d disown a couple of em……guess which ones ha
4 sons and a daughter 3 are wolves fans but 1 now has a season ticket for the albion just so he can watch football every week.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How did you pick up tickets off here if you only joined this week? Did you have another account or can you messsge people even if not a member?
I was a member for years but got banned. Will never ever comment on the politics page ever again.

Back
Top Bottom