Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves membership

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Further to my ST thread it seems there are several on here, like me, who are unsure whether to renew next season. I've been looking at the Membership scheme as a possible alternative but can't see that for the £35 joining fee there is any guarantee of getting match tickets? If we do well next season and with 20+k ST holders and away fans I can't see much scope for many others tbh, unless I've missed something? Can I ask those on here with Memberships if they could get match tickets and how many games were they able to get to? And were these just LC games? Thanks

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Further to my ST thread it seems there are several on here, like me, who are unsure whether to renew next season. I've been looking at the Membership scheme as a possible alternative but can't see that for the £35 joining fee there is any guarantee of getting match tickets? If we do well next season and with 20+k ST holders and away fans I can't see much scope for many others tbh, unless I've missed something? Can I ask those on here with Memberships if they could get match tickets and how many games were they able to get to? And were these just LC games? Thanks
With my son and grandson I am a member. We live in Bromley. We have to buy tickets we don't want at the start of the season to make sure we get enough qualifying points. It's not then usually a problem.
It helps that I am in my late 70's and my grandson is early teens as it keeps the price down.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m membership and it doesn’t really help me at all living this far away. When I needed tickets before the pandemic, I had to rely on family with STs and who couldn’t make that game, or one off purchases from those who had a ticket but couldn’t make it. The membership was never used to get a ticket for me. When my son was young, membership was useful for him for the Freebie Young Wolves games, but he’s well passed that stage now. I still have membership, but primarily as a contribution to the club and as contingency for potential future benefits. I’m on the ST waiting list.

D

Deleted member 11332

I get to every single game but I've obviously built points up so I can get them on first release.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get to every single game but I've obviously built points up so I can get them on first release.
That’s the key with membership. Everyone starts on the same points. So you’ve got to build them points up to really get a chance of a ticket when they are released in the points tiers to the members.

From my experience as a member, it’s the temp stand tickets that are left or NU if the away fans aren’t there.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a member for many years before getting a season ticket again. It’s gone up a lot since it’s first started but as others have said you’ll get in to most games particularly if you buy cup tickets in the early rounds.

D

Deleted member 11332

That’s the key with membership. Everyone starts on the same points. So you’ve got to build them points up to really get a chance of a ticket when they are released in the points tiers to the members.

From my experience as a member, it’s the temp stand tickets that are left or NU if the away fans aren’t there.

They don't now. I always start on more points than a standard member. Think you get like 20 headstart if you've got max points the season before. I generally get in the quadrant, I could have had a ST but I don't want to sit on the end of the Steve Bull so this suits me more. Better view and more comfortable.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't now. I always start on more points than a standard member. Think you get like 20 headstart if you've got max points the season before. I generally get in the quadrant, I could have had a ST but I don't want to sit on the end of the Steve Bull so this suits me more. Better view and more comfortable.
Same here I’ve got 330 hopefully carried over from last season.

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I missed out on the early games last season due to holidays and work travel. The lack of points from those games meant it was impossible to get tickets as the season wore on as games were always sold out at higher points thresholds. Weirdly I was able to get tickets for the Europa games which were awesome so it wasn’t a complete washout. First time I’ve had this problem in years of membership but it showed that it was pretty pointless joining unless you go frequently throughout the season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I missed out on the early games last season due to holidays and work travel. The lack of points from those games meant it was impossible to get tickets as the season wore on as games were always sold out at higher points thresholds. Weirdly I was able to get tickets for the Europa games which were awesome so it wasn’t a complete washout. First time I’ve had this problem in years of membership but it showed that it was pretty pointless joining unless you go frequently throughout the season.
I think because we had the cheapo Europa games plus a pre season friendly people were able to get points for a smaller outlay.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I have a membership for my grandson, who is fortunately old enough to go on his own. It's definitely a good idea to get in early League Cup etc, he generally gets in, but come November it's the weather risk of tbe corner or the overpriced extremes of the BW upper.

Having said all that demand might be less depending on pricing and performances!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you go to a pre season friendly and the early league cup game you can get tickets to any home game you want as long as you keep your points topped up by going once or twice a month
That's interesting; thanks. Not sure, living so far away, I'd want to go to a crappy LC game or even a decent pre-season game.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do your points carry forward season to season? If so starting out with nil (100?) then hard to get games and therefore more points.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wondered who it was over there in the open getting soaked!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. I'm now more confused about what to do than before opening this thread! I think I'll wait to see what the ST prices are (I'll be sitting down!) then decide but the advice to get to early games to build up Membership points is really very good advice.

scotterwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Do your points carry forward season to season? If so starting out with nil (100?) then hard to get games and therefore more points.
Normally the previous seasons points carry over to the first few games of the next season. Provided you go to the first few games you are then generally OK for tickets for the rest of the season. As a season ticket holder going to membership if you are starting on 100 points you might be struggling for a ticket for first few games.

D

Deleted member 11332

You usually get your points carried for the first 2/3 games then you get the 100+3 games going from there. That's how it's been last few seasons.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the pre covid world I had no problem at all getting tickets with a membership, but do about 15 or so games and with the loyalty points rolled over for the first few games always meant I was in the higher bracket.

If thats not the case a membership far from guarantees you a ticket for every game but I’d estimate approx the 40-50% less attractive’ games do make it down to the bog standard 100 membership points but obviously with very limited choice on where to sit (usually just the temp stand by that point)

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see why not. I even renewed membership to ensure I kept points and the off chance things were opened up. Least I got a dead nice hat and socks.
I did the same and its weirdly showing 430 now (was 330 end of last season) probably just a glitch.

They must carry over match points from when covid hit at the point we get to full capacity (whenever that is) anything else would be unfair.

Would be nice for them to some how reward those of us who paid for a pretty pointless membership this season (say a bit of a reduction on renewal) but I won't hold me breath.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

If you already have a season ticket then the best option for ensuring you get to watch wolves for the games you want to see is to simply renew your season ticket.
why buy tickets for friendlies or league cup games just to get points when you can simply renew season ticket and be guaranteed tickets.
Just because you have paid for season ticket doesn’t mean you have to attend every game. Buy the season ticket and then just pick and choose which games you want to see.
also season ticket will guarantee you a ticket when nuno takes us back to Wembley again. Imagine giving up season ticket to save a few quid and then missing out on Wembley ticket.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you already have a season ticket then the best option for ensuring you get to watch wolves for the games you want to see is to simply renew your season ticket.
why buy tickets for friendlies or league cup games just to get points when you can simply renew season ticket and be guaranteed tickets.
Just because you have paid for season ticket doesn’t mean you have to attend every game. Buy the season ticket and then just pick and choose which games you want to see.
also season ticket will guarantee you a ticket when nuno takes us back to Wembley again. Imagine giving up season ticket to save a few quid and then missing out on Wembley ticket.
You know NNW will bring up Southampton don't you?

D

Deleted member 11332

I did the same and its weirdly showing 430 now (was 330 end of last season) probably just a glitch.

They must carry over match points from when covid hit at the point we get to full capacity (whenever that is) anything else would be unfair.

Would be nice for them to some how reward those of us who paid for a pretty pointless membership this season (say a bit of a reduction on renewal) but I won't hold me breath.

I'll file that under unlikely. Tbf I've still got ticket money owed from a few games that were on sale when things closed down so probably get membership for nowt when that is refunded. I did smile at the letter sent with this season's gifts and a £10 voucher. Like that makes it right.

MontyR

Reaction score
Are the pre-season tickets handy to get and is it worth going to? Have only managed to get across to see Wolves twice, a 6-0 defeat 14 years ago (any guesses?), and a loss to Watford in 2018. Will be in the UK for a few months if vaccinated around early August, so it’d be ideal if I could go watch the lads.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good points. Keeping the ST is the sensible thing to do but with travel, age etc it seems unfair to get a ST when I won't make all the games. I have shared my ST in the past with the bloke behind if I could not get to the next game but it's a faff to have to then meet up to get my card back!! I said on the ST thread in these strange times it's a shame the Club can't think outside the box like a ST to (legally) share between say 2 or 3 people or a 'hold over' ST for the new season to be renewed if required for season 22/23. Anyway lots of good stuff on here which I hope has helped people before the ST announcement is made by the Club.

SuziQ

Reaction score
My partner and I both have memberships as he couldn't commit to a season ticket with the way his shift pattern works (4 on, 4 off).

Before the pandemic struck, we went to as many games as we could get to and generally didn't have an issue getting tickets. We renewed for the 20/21 season even though there's no way we would have got to any games as we had a decent amount of loyalty points from the 19/20 season we wanted to keep. Will renew again when they open the ones for 21/22 as we are both hopeful that at some point we will be able to get to a game next season!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just checked my membership and I’ve got 410 points. Renewed my subscription as normal for 2020/21 season. Never had a problem getting match tickets and attended most home games prior to this season. I will renew again for next season whatever happens. I’m 69 years old and get a concession which is really good value.

I also bought some good stuff online during the season including the short sleeved third strip which is really smart + the Adidas polo training shirt + a few other things. I also got a smart £32 grey marl top for zilch and currently have £7.50 cash left. This is due to my membership.

As a member if you book match day tickets online as soon as they become available you stand a very good chance of purchasing. That’s what I did without any problems.

I’m happy that the £35 fee has more than paid for itself with the purchases I have made.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless he/shr dif away
This is the obvious option
Good points. Keeping the ST is the sensible thing to do but with travel, age etc it seems unfair to get a ST when I won't make all the games. I have shared my ST in the past with the bloke behind if I could not get to the next game but it's a faff to have to then meet up to get my card back!! I said on the ST thread in these strange times it's a shame the Club can't think outside the box like a ST to (legally) share between say 2 or 3 people or a 'hold over' ST for the new season to be renewed if required for season 22/23. Anyway lots of good stuff on here which I hope has helped people before the ST announcement is made by the Club.
Having shared season tickets kind of defeats the object though doesn’t it. Not exactly fair on people say like me who do 15 or so games as a member when someone whos doing say 6/7 gets better priority/better match £ rate etc because they hsppen to know two people who they share a ticket with.

As for sharing it unofficially I’d say keeping yours and doing that is still your best option. Although I’d perhaps proceed with caution on that who knows what draconian ID methods may be kept in place under the premise of Covid.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
even at full capacity over the last few seasons may games have sold out or very close to, and at the same time number of members has gone up, so with the tiers pints based system unless you have enough points to get you out of the last couple of groups tickets may well sell out before points system gets to you. So if you are a new member with no carry over or are unable to get to any/many matches early in a season you end up at a disadvantage. For away matches many dont even get as far as memberships, or only to the top level of points. Going back a few seasons I was usually able to get tickets in the BW upper close to friends who are season ticket holders, last season I was having to take what was left, i.e. temp stand, the odd single ticket in the BW lower, or north band quadrant or SB lower depending on where away fans placed.

All that said. membership does give a priority over non members and I was able to get a ticket for all but one or two matches (even if not in my preferred stand) and you get ticket/merchandise cash to use against future purchases.
So not a perfect system, and with high demand and more members it's actual benefits have decreased over the last few years, but better than no membership. Depending on numbers allowed in to grounds at the start of next season it will be interesting to see how many tickets are available to no season tickets holders, until back to full capacity getting tickets as a member is going to be a bit of a lottery

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the pre-season tickets handy to get and is it worth going to? Have only managed to get across to see Wolves twice, a 6-0 defeat 14 years ago (any guesses?), and a loss to Watford in 2018. Will be in the UK for a few months if vaccinated around early August, so it’d be ideal if I could go watch the lads.
I think the club do (or did) hold back a few tickets for special cases of people travelling from overseas, worth contacting the club directly to see if they will be able to help. For pre season friendlies etc demand is usually lower (many season ticket holder seats available) so may not be a problem getting tickets, though if capacity is reduced that will be different

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not knocking anyones mindset or anything but I think covid has highlighted how much of a pointless thing membership is. If i can get to a game, great. If i cant, ah well. Paying for the priviledge to think about going. Not at all.

D

Deleted member 11332

You can sell it back to the club game by game, or at least I thought you could.

Back
Top Bottom