Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight will be interesting to see how we match up to Chelsea. Last time we played at this level they looked miles ahead of us

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonight will be interesting to see how we match up to Chelsea. Last time we played at this level they looked miles ahead of us
Personnel will be interesting too.
I think you can play 5 or 6 over 21 players.
Been suggested somewhere Toti is going to play.
Cutrone or bonatini could play I suppose?
Cundle, Ronan Mosquera?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personnel will be interesting too.
I think you can play 5 or 6 over 21 players.
Been suggested somewhere Toti is going to play.
Cutrone or bonatini could play I suppose?
Cundle, Ronan Mosquera?
I really can't see Cutrone or Bonatini in a Wolves shirt again, whatever the age group. It will however be interesting to see what the interaction is as far as the U21's and the younger players on the fringe of the 1st team. Cundle was allowed to play regularly for the U23's, despite being on the bench, last season. Will the promotion to PL2(1) mean a similar policy for those who appear on the bench, without getting minutes, on Saturday/Sunday?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really can't see Cutrone or Bonatini in a Wolves shirt again, whatever the age group. It will however be interesting to see what the interaction is as far as the U21's and the younger players on the fringe of the 1st team. Cundle was allowed to play regularly for the U23's, despite being on the bench, last season. Will the promotion to PL2(1) mean a similar policy for those who appear on the bench, without getting minutes, on Saturday/Sunday?
Could use it slightly as a shop window for loans and sales.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
most teams were miles ahead last time & we got pummelled.... hoping now it's u21, our improved recruitment in youth areas will see us ok

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
most teams were miles ahead last time & we got pummelled.... hoping now it's u21, our improved recruitment in youth areas will see us ok
Im surprised we haven’t bought any u23s yet, apart from the two 16 year olds we brought in

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're also playing so deep and inviting the Chelsea press right onto us.

Not the players fault this though

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Two very poor early goals but to be fair it is to be expected as this is men against boys. We are are going to be in catch-up mode in perpetuity against clubs like Chelsea which have had enormous advantages built up over a long period of time and whose main advantage is that this is now locked in. I wonder how many of their squad are out on loan this season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes needs to up his game massively from this so far if he is back up to our first team. A dreadful performance so far by the team in this game.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Griffiths, Hodge and Roberts look to be our better players at the moment.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been torn to shreds. Defending is really poor.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might have been different with players like Mosquera, Bueno, Cundle and Campbell. And maybe even Ronan too.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope this isn't the theme for this year..... same as last time

Exactly the same will happen in my opinion as we had to invest in the u21's if we were going to do well in this league. A lot of sides have really invested in their u21's this summer. We havent and it is telling in this game so far. Not one of these players is anywhere near first team ready, in my opinion and Gomes hasnt looked great.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Young and also lightweight side trying to adapt to an unfamiliar system against quick and physical opponents. They need time and exposure to this level of competition. Most of the starting eleven were playing U18 this time last year. They are struggling to cope with the press and look outclassed on the flanks in defence. Facing some of the same issues the first team will have adjusting to the lack of cover behind advanced full backs. When they have got forward they have looked better. Roberts looks a threat and Hodge has grown into the game.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly the same will happen in my opinion as we had to invest in the u21's if we were going to do well in this league. A lot of sides have really invested in their u21's this summer. We havent and it is telling in this game so far. Not one of these players is anywhere near first team ready, in my opinion and Gomes hasnt looked great.
Its the wolves way....loan out the better players & push the younger ones, even if they lose a lot...we finished bottom last time & folks blamed james collins

Back
Top Bottom