Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s won me round for sure I wasn’t convinced the year before last, but now he’s had a regular group to work with he’s done really well, and he’s good to listen to on interviews.

I’ll concur with this, I was critical 18 months ago but hats off to him, he’s pulled the lads together and the results are starting to show

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll concur with this, I was critical 18 months ago but hats off to him, he’s pulled the lads together and the results are starting to show
I would agree with you BUT it would probably put the kiss of death on his success and as I dont want to do that I had better not. :D:cool:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a busy time for the youth sides, the u16s are currently playing in the Blitzer Cup (a competition we won in 2015 with the likes of Connor Ronan).

The lads face games against Hoffenheim, Hamburger SV, Freiburg, Ergenzingen & Eintracht Frankfurt today and over the weekend.

Unfortunately we lost the first game vs Hoffenheim, 1-0, but still plenty to play for in the league system based competition

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some more photos from America.

I like this one in particular. It's good to see some young fans in the crowd and the players taking time to engage with them.

1658514664800.png

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a busy time for the youth sides, the u16s are currently playing in the Blitzer Cup (a competition we won in 2015 with the likes of Connor Ronan).

The lads face games against Hoffenheim, Hamburger SV, Freiburg, Ergenzingen & Eintracht Frankfurt today and over the weekend.

Unfortunately we lost the first game vs Hoffenheim, 1-0, but still plenty to play for in the league system based competition

We drew the second game vs Hamburger SV, 0-0

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also drew the third game against Freiburg,1-1.

Two more games tomorrow

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U23's/21s? Lost 2-0 to Real Monarchs, struggled with the heat and altitude in Utah. As the local commentator said : " It's a great place to live....apart from the searing heat, altitude and the blisteringly cold winters." Did well to keep it down to 1-0 until the 88th minute, but offered nothing up front, against a mediocre U.S. team. It will have been good experience for a young team, but doubt they are happy at the moment.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
u18s lost a friendly against wrexham on friday 2-3 ... not sure who scored for us

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U23's/21s? Lost 2-0 to Real Monarchs, struggled with the heat and altitude in Utah. As the local commentator said : " It's a great place to live....apart from the searing heat, altitude and the blisteringly cold winters." Did well to keep it down to 1-0 until the 88th minute, but offered nothing up front, against a mediocre U.S. team. It will have been good experience for a young team, but doubt they are happy at the moment.

They may be a ‘mediocre’ US Team, however they are a US team that is mid season so fully fit, a team playing in their familiar conditions, a team that had at least 3 over 21s in their starting line up (two of them are 25), a team that also beat Chelsea u21s and had two additional days rest.

Clearly they won’t be happy with losing (not sure any pro will be) however the result isn’t as bad as it looks

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They may be a ‘mediocre’ US Team, however they are a US team that is mid season so fully fit, a team playing in their familiar conditions, a team that had at least 3 over 21s in their starting line up (two of them are 25), a team that also beat Chelsea u21s and had two additional days rest.

Clearly they won’t be happy with losing (not sure any pro will be) however the result isn’t as bad as it looks
Quite agree, as I said, they did well to contain them. It was definitely the conditions and the fact that the opponents were more comfortable with them that was the deciding factor. In a European climate, or even an evening K.O. in Salt Lake, it might have been a different story. Tipton struggled getting accuracy on his long range passes and the frustration of loosing to a team who were, technically, not so good, seemed to set in as the game went on. I think our lads showed a lot of character and it will have done them no harm as far as their own development goes - but I doubt they see it that way tonight.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently the opposition had a 14 year old playing for him - did he stand out?
Can't say that he did, apparently made a pro debut at 13! They did have a couple of over age players as well. They were really nothing special. We would have slaughtered them at home, even with a team that is by far from our second string.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also drew the third game against Freiburg,1-1.

Two more games tomorrow
The u16s finished their tournament with two wins today…

1-0 vs TuS Ergenzingen
3-2 vs Eintracht Frankfurt

That means the lads finished 3rd in the league system on 8 points, 3 points behind the winners Hoffenheim, whom Wolves lost 1-0 to one their opening fixture

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you have a spare 40 odd minutes this is worth a listen. The audio is a bit dodgy at times, particularly when the host is talking to the two Golden Chance winners, but it's worth persisting with.

The interview with Joe Hunt, Wolves' International Projects Manager, is interesting. The highlight for me though was an American girl saying she is a Wolves supporter because Molineux was her favourite stadium when she visited England. So take that Anfield.

Nate Hughes takes to the road to spend a day with Wolves Academy in Salt Lake City.

- travel disappointments
- surprises
- interview with Golden Chance boys
- interview with Joe Hunt, International Projects Manager
- match vs Chelsea U21

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League International Cup returns this year:

Wolves u21s are in group A with: Blackburn, Fulham, Leicester, Celtic, Porto, Valencia, Wolfsburg.

The tournament consists of 12 Premier League 2 clubs and 12 international clubs, broken down into three groups of eight teams.

The top two teams from each group, along with the best two third-place teams will progress to the quarter-finals, which is a knockout stage.

All the games are held in England and the English teams DO NOT play each other in the group stages. So there are 4 group games against each of the European opposition.

The other groups are as follows: Grp B: Arsenal, Brighton, Man U, West Ham, Feyenoord, Monaco, PSV, Sparta Prague
Grp C: Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Stoke, Braga, Dinamo Zagreb, Hertha Berlin, PSG

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if those two Golden Chance boys get to come over to Compton or was it just for the training camp in the US?

I thought they might have done a feature on them, unless I have missed it?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell the fa that Blackburn and Stoke aren’t in the premier league….

Or is that the teams in the u23 division 1 that we got promoted to this year?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if those two Golden Chance boys get to come over to Compton or was it just for the training camp in the US?

I believe they were just training with the squad over in the USA.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League International Cup returns this year:

Wolves u21s are in group A with: Blackburn, Fulham, Leicester, Celtic, Porto, Valencia, Wolfsburg.

The tournament consists of 12 Premier League 2 clubs and 12 international clubs, broken down into three groups of eight teams.

The top two teams from each group, along with the best two third-place teams will progress to the quarter-finals, which is a knockout stage.

All the games are held in England and the English teams DO NOT play each other in the group stages. So there are 4 group games against each of the European opposition.

The other groups are as follows: Grp B: Arsenal, Brighton, Man U, West Ham, Feyenoord, Monaco, PSV, Sparta Prague
Grp C: Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Stoke, Braga, Dinamo Zagreb, Hertha Berlin, PSG
Brilliant.. hopefully there will be a couple of games at Molineux.... really enjoyed when we played PSG, in the previous tournament

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep just training - I think they left on Friday night. The podcast posted by @clivewolves gives an interview with them if you want to listen to it

Back
Top Bottom