Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
@ComptonStars will kindly be adding any info about the U18 & U23s on this sticky thread.

M

Mr Wolf

I don't think it's a good idea to sticky it just let threads run, stickys get scrolled past.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds good. I'll be checking this regularly.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea to sticky it just let threads run, stickys get scrolled past.
if you click on watch thread at the top you will get notifications when this thread has been replied to. which may help if you want to follow it.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Random U23 question... Is the EFL Trophy game home to Accrington free for members and season ticket holders? Cheers

@

@ComptonStars

Random U23 question... Is the EFL Trophy game home to Accrington free for members and season ticket holders? Cheers

They have announced yet, I would be surprised if it's free though.

K

KingOfMilwaukee

Looking at some of our U23 players, plus Flatt on loan, I am starting to want us to properly groom these people for first team action. I don't want us paying transfer fees to people who will take their jobs. Look at striker for example... we have 3 good candidates there in the 18-20 age range, so why do I want to blow our money on strikers in the transfer market. Even if it means having to wait a couple of years in the mid-table in order for this to happen I wanna bring these kids up.

@

@ComptonStars

Wolves U18s take on league leaders Newcastle United tomorrow morning

FOSUN have paid for an hotel stay so they will travel up today and stay overnight for an 11am Kick off in the morning

Wolves U23s are next in action on Monday night at home vs Middlesbrough

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves U18s take on league leaders Newcastle United tomorrow morning

FOSUN have paid for an hotel stay so they will travel up today and stay overnight for an 11am Kick off in the morning

Wolves U23s are next in action on Monday night at home vs Middlesbrough
What would the normal (historical) protocol for this type of away kick off time be? A really early morning start or have they always stayed overnight for such a journey?

@

@ComptonStars

What would the normal (historical) protocol for this type of away kick off time be? A really early morning start or have they always stayed overnight for such a journey?

90% of games Kick off at 11am and they travel on the day, I have seen them travel to Newcastle and Sunderland on the day before with a 1pm Kick off

They also stayed overnight vs Middlesbrough a few weeks ago

Not saying it never happened with previous ownership but overnight stays were definitely rare

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan Gibbs white called up to England u17 squad for a tournament at the end of this month. Austin Samuels on standby.
Congrats to both!

B

Benson

Good thread. Discussions before, during and after games in separate threads, I suppose.

Just some input: I struggle to see the posted pictures in my phone. Please post text or additional links to the pics.

@

@ComptonStars

| Half Time | Newcastle United U18s 1 Wolves U18s 1

Wolves U18s goal via @JordanAllan_9 after 30 mins

@

@ComptonStars

Wolves U23s are in #PL2 action tomorrow night vs @Boro KO 7pm @telfordutd

Good luck to @scottse11ars & the U23s

Admission @telfordutd is £5 adults, £3 concessions & £1 U16s

Free entry for Wolves Season ticket holders

#PL2

#wwfc

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
Bit disappointed at the amount of game time that the likes of Hunte and Reid are getting on their loan spells. Reid was flying in the U21's before his injury last season and Hunte was around the first team squad at times. They are both at an age where they need regular game time to progress in their careers. I appreciate it is still early in their loan spells, but if this pattern continues, are we able to recall them and see if there are any other takers who will give them the game time that they need?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit disappointed at the amount of game time that the likes of Hunte and Reid are getting on their loan spells. Reid was flying in the U21's before his injury last season and Hunte was around the first team squad at times. They are both at an age where they need regular game time to progress in their careers. I appreciate it is still early in their loan spells, but if this pattern continues, are we able to recall them and see if there are any other takers who will give them the game time that they need?

I think Reids loan is only for a month, I agree about Hunte though not much point him sitting on the bench

K

KingOfMilwaukee

Is Niall Ennis playing below his pay grade by being with U18? Seems he should be moved up to U23 so he can advance faster? Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom