Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like another brief stay in Premier League 2 Division 1!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might have been different with players like Mosquera, Bueno, Cundle and Campbell. And maybe even Ronan too.
They should have played imho - they need match practice and time to learn the new system; the level of U21 football against the top teams will be a decent level to give them the opportunity to get sharp and show what they can do and there is no point in shattering the confidence of our u18s.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but that was woeful and simply really poor. That group are way off premier league standard at present.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointing performances by Gomes and marques.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real test of character, as well as a physical challenge, for some of these lads. It will be interesting to see how they come back from it next game. Unfortunately this is sometimes what development is about. There were some plus points tonight, but they will be under no illusions about the work they are going to have to put in to survive at this level.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should have played imho - they need match practice and time to learn the new system; the level of U21 football against the top teams will be a decent level to give them the opportunity to get sharp and show what they can do and there is no point in shattering the confidence of our u18s.
Even 45 minutes would have been better than nothing.

I get the injury risks though, the mentioned players at a couple of injuries away from starting for the first team!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointing performances by Gomes and marques.
I don't think you can judge Gomes by this game. Totti has already shown he can make the grade, but I have never been over-impressed by Marques. I can't see him breaking through and think his future might be elsewhere.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think you can judge Gomes by this game. Totti has already shown he can make the grade, but I have never been over-impressed by Marques. I can't see him breaking through and think his future might be elsewhere.
He has gone downhill since his loan out.
As far as the match goes you dont learn a lot by having a team totally outclassed. No shape to this hugely disjointed performance with our players basically chasing shadows. Unless he is injured I cannot see any point in not playing Jordao.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea had 7 shots on target and scored 7 goals. They were the better side and created high quality chances, 7-1 is a bit generous though.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good start for the u18s away at Blackburn… new lad Leon Chiwome with a goal after 4 mins

Team below although that formation isn’t correct

F9BBF9B0-7E17-46A1-972A-B87CE4CA1F2F.jpeg

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reynolds and Igbinoghe. I'd say we are playing 4 at the back. Reynolds is a winger and Igbinoghe is wing back or winger.

Pretty much. I’d say Igbinoghe is left back, Kaleta right back, mabete and voice and centre backs

Reynolds, harper and ojinaka in midfield with Esen, farmer and Chiwome upfront

Or certainly Chiwome as central striker and harper/ojinaka in the moutinho/neves roles with esen, Reynolds and farmer as an attacking midfield/forward unit

Back
Top Bottom