Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ty Barnett in there too - feels like he’s been awesome at lower age groups for donkeys years since we signed him. Hope he keeps progressing and has less injuries.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
indeed.... as an aside it's nice to see Dylan Scicluna listed as an u21 squad player

Yep, good to see and Lucas in the u18s. Got to say, Testimony Igbinoghene is a new one on me though.

Can see the likes of Caden Voice stepping up heavily this season in defence . He featured quite a bit at the end of last season and has been in Switzerland (u18s) and Germany (u16s) already this summer. Can add Leo Shahar to that also (stepping up)

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ty Barnett in there too - feels like he’s been awesome at lower age groups for donkeys years since we signed him. Hope he keeps progressing and has less injuries.

Yep, needs a break with injuries. Has been featuring for the u18s since 2019/2020 season I think but as you say, injuries have seriously hampered him

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scott Carson's lad in there as well, bit of a surprise for me as he played for my Sunday club and never saw him as a stand out player, but then again he was a midfielder/forward for his team.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

U21 fixtures for the season. Start at home to Chelsea on 8th August.
Appreciate there are FA youth cup/premier league cup games etc still to be factored in, however the schedule pre November, compared to Feb-April is bonkers!

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Appreciate there are FA youth cup/premier league cup games etc still to be factored in, however the schedule pre November, compared to Feb-April is bonkers!
Agree but I do think it’s because of the pitches. We got hit hard a couple of seasons ago when we were still at Telford. We had loads of games called off over the winter/spring and ended up with a ridiculous end of season. I think they try to get as many games in during the better weather months (august-October then April-may) because lots of teams play on lower league or non league pitches like us.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The u21s lost 2-1 to Colorado Rapids in their final MLS Next Pro invitational. Nathan Fraser with the goal

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know if all home fixtures will be played at Aggborough? I seem to remember that Telford was also mentioned.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we know if all home fixtures will be played at Aggborough? I seem to remember that Telford was also mentioned.

U21s?

Most are at Aggborough, the international cup games are at Molineux and so far the home game vs Man City is to be held at the training ground

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like a new contract for Corbeanu to go with his loan to Blackpool. I'm pleased with that.

He does need a loan but is this wise when we are so light on attacking options at present? As it stands he would more than likely get on the bench unless it is full of defenders, which helps nobody. In normal circumstances a good move but further weakens options when we are so lacking in attackers.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Wolves Women are at Telford now. From what I remember Wolves weren’t happy with the standard of the pitch at Telford, we had lots of games called off one winter and when we could play the pitch wasn’t helpful, which is why we moved to Kiddy last season.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves Women are at Telford now. From what I remember Wolves weren’t happy with the standard of the pitch at Telford, we had lots of games called off one winter and when we could play the pitch wasn’t helpful, which is why we moved to Kiddy last season.
Thanks. As a Telford resident and (occasional) watcher, I'm well aware of the state of the pitch!

(there's always been a drainage issue, the result of an underground stream)..

Well, I'll be pleased to nip along to support Wolves Women when I can.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of this season, when we are back in the championship*, do we think these players could form the backbone of a championship team after they have had their year out on loan.

Lonwijk
Sanderson
Giles
Richards
Corbeanu
Perry
Silva

* I don't think we will be in the championship, but it may be too close for comfort :)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The u18s finished their training camp in York with a 2-0 defeat to Sheff Wed. Two more friendlies this week at home to round off pre season

JadeWolf

Reaction score
The U21s kick off their season tonight with a home game against Chelsea. It’s at Aggborough and kicks off at 7, if anyone wants to pop along and support! I’m away on holiday for a bit so I won’t be there but I’m sure people will keep the thread updated as the game goes on!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoy your holiday Jade - and stay off the Mix so you can relax and not get wound up!

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Supporters can watch all the action from Kidderminster live this evening, as the match is streamed online via wolves.co.uk, the Wolves App and the Wolves YouTube channel.

The live Wolves TV match stream, beginning at 6.55pm, can be found here, or click here to watch on YouTube, while supporters can also catch download the Wolves App now on iOS here and on Android here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom