Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marvin Kaleta signs his first pro contract - 2 years. Congratulations

just need to speak to Alan Carr about having a gig at the Mol then people will be able to stop going on about us going in for Kaleta-Carr

ill get my coat...

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just realised. The poor u23 squad have virtually no central midfield for their tour to the USA! Most going to Spain with the senior team!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry sent out their entire first team squad to be fair and our u23's had numerous players missing.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Jordao hasn't gone with the first team but Griffiths and Hodge did

He's just not particularly that good, got a couple of big moves off the back of Neto. Probably end up in a bottom Portuguese league team and be forgotten about rather quick

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just not particularly that good, got a couple of big moves off the back of Neto. Probably end up in a bottom Portuguese league team and be forgotten about rather quick
Oh Dan you may be the font of everything that is football although I sometimes wonder about it. Jordao was playing well in the under 23s amd ;looked as if he could progress well. Then that fated match that caused him and Shabani to suffer injuries that would put their careers under threat. as both seemed not to recover within reasonable time. In some respect we should be generous to these guys as they got injured in our cause. In that match both of those players did not look out of place in a premier team. It has to be conjecture but there is nothing to say that by now they with experience may have been a good addition to our midfield.
Neto himself after his injury took a fair old time to get part way back to his best last season. Sadly Lage is said to not have Jordao in his plans which I think is totally the wrong attitude He could have said something like we need to see if Bruno Jordao can prove to all that he has now overcome his injuries and warrants a place in the team.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh Dan you may be the font of everything that is football although I sometimes wonder about it. Jordao was playing well in the under 23s amd ;looked as if he could progress well. Then that fated match that caused him and Shabani to suffer injuries that would put their careers under threat. as both seemed not to recover within reasonable time. In some respect we should be generous to these guys as they got injured in our cause. In that match both of those players did not look out of place in a premier team. It has to be conjecture but there is nothing to say that by now they with experience may have been a good addition to our midfield.
Neto himself after his injury took a fair old time to get part way back to his best last season. Sadly Lage is said to not have Jordao in his plans which I think is totally the wrong attitude He could have said something like we need to see if Bruno Jordao can prove to all that he has now overcome his injuries and warrants a place in the team.
Agree. I think Jordao and Shabani showed promise and could have been given loans (with contract extensions) to see if that promise could be realised.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an age thing with the likes of jordao and shabani......23...you have to be registered in the squad properly under the 17 foreigners rule. Neither have done enough to warrant a place and potentially stop us bringing another player in......once you hit 23 your in or out....no in between...

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an age thing with the likes of jordao and shabani......23...you have to be registered in the squad properly under the 17 foreigners rule. Neither have done enough to warrant a place and potentially stop us bringing another player in......once you hit 23 your in or out....no in between...
I would agree with you if it wasn't for their injuries which happened while they were our players. The reason they have not done enough is arguably down to the fact that they have not got over these injuries yet. I would like to have seen them given another season even if it was on loan.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was never that struck by Jordao for the under 23s. He looked decent a you could tell he had experience in and around the first team, but I never saw anything to make me think he'll be a premier league player. Always thought he'd end up back to the Portuguese leagues, probably have a career similar to that Texeria we had under Zenga.

Shabani I did like the look of and thought we could really have something here. Unfortunately it'll be a miracle if he can save his career and get it back on track.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone wants to see the u18s take on grasshoppers a live stream is available here (although the camera position is high so the players are like ants!)

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the club will prioritise the premier league game over the Papa Johns trophy
You say that, but when did we last win a trophy? Opportunity to put some silverware in the trophy cabinet (albeit towards the back, next to the Sherpa Van trophy). Just saying.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the team stated anywhere?
First half looked like…

James Storer
Hayden Carson
Leo Shahar
Caden Voice
Marvin Kaleta
Fraser Harper
Fabian Reynolds