Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was the final score? I watched for a while but it was really a bit of a bore draw. Shows that 4 at the back is no guarantee of exciting football.

Reaction score

Seems the yanks think we're called Wolverhampton Wolves and one of our former Academy graduates was Joleon Wescott
Lol.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An interview with Jonathan Hunter-Barrett and Laura Nicholls in The Athletic. Most of the information was covered in the Ask Wolves series. Link below if you have access.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seems the yanks think we're called Wolverhampton Wolves and one of our former Academy graduates was Joleon Wescott
Lol.
Oh God...............You mean I have been supporting the wrong club all these years.
:eek:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It is slightly odd we sent out the Academy all the way to the US, given the costs and not the first team. Perhaps we didn't get the deals for games that made it viable.
Not complaining mind, should be great exposure for them and there are a burgeoning number of talents coming out of the US but going to the Bundesliga mainly.
I know people have been saying forever the US will be great in a decade, but just saying the players are starting to come out who are at least decent European level.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is slightly odd we sent out the Academy all the way to the US, given the costs and not the first team. Perhaps we didn't get the deals for games that made it viable.
Not complaining mind, should be great exposure for them and there are a burgeoning number of talents coming out of the US but going to the Bundesliga mainly.
I know people have been saying forever the US will be great in a decade, but just saying the players are starting to come out who are at least decent European level.
Originally we were sending the first team to the US. The planned tournament got cancelled by the organisers. Hence a scrabble around to set something up in Europe.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Originally we were sending the first team to the US. The planned tournament got cancelled by the organisers. Hence a scrabble around to set something up in Europe.
Got you, didn't clock it was cancelled by organisers. The camp abroad looks to have been a success, no major injuries if Adama is already training again and the group seem extremely happy together after looking slightly frayed last season.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems that the U21s are going to play some of their games back to Telford in the same deal that has Wolves Ladies playing there.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An article in the Athletic on the academy if anyone is interested...... (it seems to be open - I'm not a subscriber and I read it ok)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone got any info on the two lads who are with the u21's? They both won a place with the squad, for this tour and maybe more, in recent training competition in US.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crikey I’d forgotten about Dongda He, thought we’d packed him off back to China.
Only on loan until December/January (didn’t feature much on loan). Reappeared for u23s a couple of times towards April time.

Make or break for him this season I think

BTW… I know they’re always on the young side but the bulk of this squad were eligible for the u18s last season. It’ll be a tough tough tournament in the US especially with the likes of Perry, Lonwijk, Lembikisa, Griffiths, Hodge, Corbeanu etc all at home, Spain or on loan. Chelsea in particular have been strong in the youth market once again this summer

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only on loan until December/January (didn’t feature much on loan). Reappeared for u23s a couple of times towards April time.

Make or break for him this season I think

BTW… I know they’re always on the young side but the bulk of this squad were eligible for the u18s last season. It’ll be a tough tough tournament in the US especially with the likes of Perry, Lonwijk, Lembikisa, Griffiths, Hodge, Corbeanu etc all at home, Spain or on loan. Chelsea in particular have been strong in the youth market once again this summer

Surprised we havent signed anyone for the u23's. Quite a few Premier League clubs active but we seem to be very quiet. Very thin on strikers and midfield players.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised we havent signed anyone for the u23's. Quite a few Premier League clubs active but we seem to be very quiet. Very thin on strikers and midfield players.

Some teams have been very very active… seems to have exploded this summer the amount of activity

Clearly Wolves are very happy with their approach, low key, not splashing the cash too much and it’s hard to disagree when a) returns are not guaranteed b) the same approach has given us Lembikisa, Hodge, Griffiths, Campbell etc c) it allows the younger lads further development

Hopefully we can equip ourselves better in the top division this time around, however the depth is a concern

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone got any info on the two lads who are with the u21's? They both won a place with the squad, for this tour and maybe more, in recent training competition in US.

One is called Gabriel and one of them is a midfielder. The midfielder might be Gabriel but I only know those two snippets so far

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s supposed to be a game against the Chelsea U21s right now from Salt Lake. Has anyone seen a link to the stream? The website provided by MLS Next Pro doesn’t have tonight’s game.

Back
Top Bottom