Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

They ay happy down the Albooin

R

reanswolf

Stoke are another where the ground looks at least 50% empty yet they come up with 22000 crowds in a 28000 stadium.
Brighton too.
Must have been about 13000 at Albion yesterday, and only 3-4000 for their cup game v Brighton.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's actually really nice what's happening down there. Nice.
It's weird, I rarely know when they've played and usually find out at work the next day as our resident football addict broadcasts it every time.
It's a regular warm fuzzy feeling they're bringing me as their decline gathers pace. They're falling as we did under Solbakken, albeit probably later than we did so they're probably not going to drop this season, but that warmth is still there.
It's like the first huge fart of the morning, so refreshingly sublime.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's actually really nice what's happening down there. Nice.
It's weird, I rarely know when they've played and usually find out at work the next day as our resident football addict broadcasts it every time.
It's a regular warm fuzzy feeling they're bringing me as their decline gathers pace. They're falling as we did under Solbakken, albeit probably later than we did so they're probably not going to drop this season, but that warmth is still there.
It's like the first huge fart of the morning, so refreshingly sublime.
If they are a fart it's undoubtedly wet!

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most teams that usually equates to a few hundred tickets, with the 2 Albion's it's usually several thousands.
I saw an Al**** colleague in the office today, I said ‘16k I heard’ and he said ‘Half of them were Swansea’

Won’t stop them putting those stupid ‘Junction 1: Expect Delays’ messages on the motorway overheads every time there’s a home game, so annoying.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw an Al**** colleague in the office today, I said ‘16k I heard’ and he said ‘Half of them were Swansea’

Won’t stop them putting those stupid ‘Junction 1: Expect Delays’ messages on the motorway overheads every time there’s a home game, so annoying.

Probably change it to “Junction 1, Expect Defeats”

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Juvenile minded that I am everytime I go past Junction 1 on the M5 I flick the v’s on my lap when I see ‘West Bromwich’ and I know others do the same .
A few years ago I was going to referee at Ray Hall Lane (Birmingham County FA) which necessitates driving past the ground and I was behind a car and the driver was leaning out the side shouting ‘Ooh Bully Bully’ as he went along
We all have our own little quirks

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Juvenile minded that I am everytime I go past Junction 1 on the M5 I flick the v’s on my lap when I see ‘West Bromwich’ and I know others do the same .
A few years ago I was going to referee at Ray Hall Lane (Birmingham County FA) which necessitates driving past the ground and I was behind a car and the driver was leaning out the side shouting ‘Ooh Bully Bully’ as he went along
About 15 years ago I was on the train back from Birmingham back to civilisation and went through the hawthornes station and smoke was bellowing out. Me and my mate (also a lifelong wolves fan) were desperately hoping the ground was on fire. Gutted to get home and see on the news it was a factory nearby.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
About 15 years ago I was on the train back from Birmingham back to civilisation and went through the hawthornes station and smoke was bellowing out. Me and my mate (also a lifelong wolves fan) were desperately hoping the ground was on fire. Gutted to get home and see on the news it was a factory nearby.
They had a fire at the Hawthorns not long ago and someone shouted ‘Save the cups
-but don’t bother about the saucers ‘ :)

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

When flying, I used to use the aircraft urinal when crossing the Lichfield Corridor. On the C130, it just dumped it overboard straight over the Hawthorns.

Juvenile, but a small act of defiance

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When flying, I used to use the aircraft urinal when crossing the Lichfield Corridor. On the C130, it just dumped it overboard straight over the Hawthorns.

On a similar note a few years ago whilst walking my youngest to school I passed a house where the car in the driveway had a "Boing, Boing" sticker on - I live in Belfast so such sightings are very rare. My kid is now 19, but even now when my Sunday morning run takes me past that house I always spit on their drive.
Juvenile, but a small act of defiance.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

C130 HERCULES
Spent many many hours flying on those from Lyneham to El Centro
22 flying hours with overnight stops Newfoundland and New Orleans, happy days
Also did a free fall jump from 15,000 feet from a HERC over the Nevada desert California
Roll back the years

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a similar note a few years ago whilst walking my youngest to school I passed a house where the car in the driveway had a "Boing, Boing" sticker on - I live in Belfast so such sightings are very rare. My kid is now 19, but even now when my Sunday morning run takes me past that house I always spit on their drive.
Juvenile, but a small act of defiance.
This is why I've never understood the point of car stickers, Wolves or otherwise. You may as well paint a target on your car.

I see Wolves stickered cars parked at away matches and await the windows to get kicked in after fractious games.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
C130 HERCULES
Spent many many hours flying on those from Lyneham to El Centro
22 flying hours with overnight stops Newfoundland and New Orleans, happy days
Also did a free fall jump from 15,000 feet from a HERC over the Nevada desert California
Roll back the years

Never did El Centro. But did 3 years on exchange at North Island San Diego.

You didn’t happen to be one of the “Ice Cream Boys” by chance?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now the dust has settled after their last defeat it appears the knives are well and truly out for poor potato head. Who they expect to come and manage them who could possibly be an improvement on Bilic, Ismael and Bruce god only knows. Given the toxic atmosphere generated by the few fans that attend games who are calling for such incisive strategies such as 'play the kids', 'a massive rebuild', 'make them run an get them fit'. Meanwhile the players who gave up some time ago and are going through the motions just cannot wait to leave and the absentee owner desperately wants to sell to recoup some of his investment that is quickly going down the pan with every passing week. It really is an absolutely hilarious debacle and it just gets worse by the day.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now the dust has settled after their last defeat it appears the knives are well and truly out for poor potato head. Who they expect to come and manage them who could possibly be an improvement on Bilic, Ismael and Bruce god only knows. Given the toxic atmosphere generated by the few fans that attend games who are calling for such incisive strategies such as 'play the kids', 'a massive rebuild', 'make them run an get them fit'. Meanwhile the players who gave up some time ago and are going through the motions just cannot wait to leave and the absentee owner desperately wants to sell to recoup some of his investment that is quickly going down the pan with every passing week. It really is an absolutely hilarious debacle and it just gets worse by the day.
Can I be first to point out your deliberate mistake ...

“Gets worse by the day”. Au contraire ... it’s getting better.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I always flick the finger at Villa Park (I never drive past The Hawthorns) and mouth a few obscenities whenever I drive past on the M6. Last time I did it I said to the wife "give them the finger" and she did it without thinking and then looked aghast and said "look what you've got me doing now!" :D For context she's originally from Teesside and we got together in 1999 but she continually questions why she finds herself singing about Andy Gray and Stevie Bull.

Edit to add that she also sings SOTV. Her brother is about to marry into a Villa-supporting family so that wedding is going to be interesting.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always flick the finger at Villa Park (I never drive past The Hawthorns) and mouth a few obscenities whenever I drive past on the M6. Last time I did it I said to the wife "give them the finger" and she did it without thinking and then looked aghast and said "look what you've got me doing now!" :D For context she's originally from Teesside and we got together in 1999 but she continually questions why she finds herself singing about Andy Gray and Stevie Bull.

Edit to add that she also sings SOTV. Her brother is about to marry into a Villa-supporting family so that wedding is going to be interesting.
Tell your bro-in-law that telling his new in-laws to mind the gap will definitely make him one of the family....

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I can't imagine Bruce keeping his job for much longer. WBA have had 14 different managers (inc Bruce) in the last 10 years. (Wolves have had 5 in comparison)

Surely this lack of consistency has cost them?

fun fact #2, they have had 24 managers this century....lol

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't imagine Bruce keeping his job for much longer. WBA have had 14 different managers (inc Bruce) in the last 10 years. (Wolves have had 5 in comparison)

Surely this lack of consistency has cost them?

fun fact #2, they have had 24 managers this century....lol
I think to call most of them "managers" is stretching it a bit...

Back
Top Bottom